Why are people assuming Sonnen gets the next shot after Maia?

Rob_Lazarus

Vitor vs Sonnen has to happen.

Would Sonnen L&P? Or would Vitor be able to get the T(KO)?

I like seeing interim fights. It really builds up the title fight.

I don't think it would be an interim fight unless Silva gets injured, but it would be an interesting five rounder.

They are talking Vitor might be out till near the end of the year. So if that's the case' date=' I would assume Sonnen will get the next shot based on his win over Nate and he's on a 3 fight win streak,[/quote']

That makes sense to me. I wanted Belfort to challenge Silva but things are the way they are. Hope Vitor comes back strong.

I don't think it would be an interim fight unless Silva gets injured' date=' but it would be an interesting five rounder.[/quote']

vitor would rock anybody in light heavyweight or middleweight vitor makr my words will be the champion the next time he gets a shot at either divison the man has ko power and a world class ground game he is the best striker in mma boxing wise and that will take him to the top

Sonnen is guranteed a title shot after his win against Marquardt.....fighting vitor would be dumb risking his shot' date=' Sonnen has next shot [b']would have had it this up coming time but wasnt in any shape to fight after his fight with nate[/b]

that's cool but Sonnen wouldn't have that shot if Vitor wasn't injured...

Did Vitor not come out a few weeks ago saying he is recovering alot quicker then he thought and will be back pretty soon...Not saying he will be fighting in the next few months but could be back fit mayb july or august..

It's surgery on a shoulder he had recurring injuries on. He will be out quite some time to rehab it.

nevermind' date=' just read hes out for a while.

man MW is weak[/quote']

look at what i posted after it **** hole

Oh your right you posted another reply after I was already writing and doing other things, that must make me an ******. +10000000

Sonnen is guranteed a title shot after his win against Marquardt.....fighting vitor would be dumb risking his shot' date=' Sonnen has next shot would have had it this up coming time but wasnt in any shape to fight after his fight with nate[/quote']

that's cool but Sonnen wouldn't have that shot if Vitor wasn't injured...

sonnen was garaunteed a title shot of winner of silva vs belfort since belfort had shoulder surgery and sonnen is still beat/cut up from marquardt fight he gets winner of silva vs maia....wat did u guys want silva sidelined until belfort feels better? im assuming that ufc brass actually wanted to make some money in first event in abu dabi.

What happened to Vitor? He was first in line' date=' now he's third? He will come back from injury at some point.

How about Vitor vs. Sonnen first?

Thoughts?[/quote']

If you watched the Marquart Sonnen fight Dana said that the winner would be number one contender, however Sonnen was not cleared to fight again soon enough for this next fight which is one reason the fight went to maia, yes belfort will come back however Sonnen earned his shot!

I don't think it would be an interim fight unless Silva gets injured' date=' but it would be an interesting five rounder.[/quote']

there is no L&P with sonnen, shields vs miller = l&p, sonnen destroyed nate every second of every round. plus why wouldnt he get the shot, he just dominated the #3 guy, okami, and #2 guy, marquardt.

Archived