WEC in Undisputed

Hendoforpresident

The UFC game is bought mainly by casual MMA fans who don't have a huge interest in the WEC. Therefore, putting the WEC into the game would probably be wasted on most of the people who played and essentially act as a waste of money and disc space for THQ.

Of course I'd love to see some of the exciting WEC guys on the game, but due to lack of mainstream popularity for the WEC, it's not gonna happen.

The UFC game is bought mainly by casual MMA fans who don't have a huge interest in the WEC. Therefore' date=' putting the WEC into the game would probably be wasted on most of the people who played and essentially act as a waste of money and disc space for THQ.

Of course I'd love to see some of the exciting WEC guys on the game, but due to lack of mainstream popularity for the WEC, it's not gonna happen.[/quote']

i duno, the WEC was the first org i watched cuz its on Versus all the time at night

got me hooked cuz thats the only MMA tv we had in the dorms

i duno' date=' the WEC was the first org i watched cuz its on Versus all the time at night

got me hooked cuz thats the only MMA tv we had in the dorms[/quote']

I'm a fan of the WEC myself, but the fact is that we're in the minority. If you spoke to all the people who bought UFC 2009 last year, then I guarantee that a large number of them would never have even heard of the WEC, while the majority would just express no interest in it.

It's a shame, but in an industry such as the gaming industry, THQ are just gonna give the majority what it wants, and who can blame them? They need to maximise their profits just like any other business does, and adding all the necessary WEC fighters, weight-classes and commentaries would take up a lot of time and money, and probably wouldn't have much of an impact on sales.

since they're both owned by Zuffa

i wanna know why the WEC boys arent gunna be in UFC 2010. it makes sense and would be pretty awesome to have a WEC type of league in there too.

wat yall thank?

I never thought of a WEC game before but that would be really cool.

they shoud consider making a online patch for maybe a couple extra bucks to get wec cages and fighters for us avid fans. the casual dudes don't need to worry about it this way.

on the other hand, the 360 version of 2009 had crazy load/save times, adding more would make this even more annoying. not sure how the ps3 version went over but man was i annoyed.

I would like a little more presentation this time, maybe some ring entrances. For a first taste, 2009 rocked my socks off. But the online cheating from the first few months, ****ty load times, super CAFs (how can u take 3 rounds of knees from Anderson Silva and still be standing), and the god awful music drove me nuts. The menu system was kinda blah and the lack of DLC sucked. But hey, something is better than nothing.....and i think EA mma is going to suck. I really hope it doesnt, but i thought FN4 was horrible compared to FN3, and they are using a modified version of that game engine.

this would be great, i could see this happening in the future.

They could just add a WEC with prominent WEC fighters and not make it by weight class.

WEC doesnt have enough fans to ever have its own game, so why not throw faber, aldo, henderson, cerrone, brown etc on there...i would love that

never understood why people dont watch WEC that much...the fights are truly spectacular and often better than UFC fights.

smaller guys are better at going at a high pace for a longer time.

Archived