Who is top HW

boxer55

who do u think the next top HW will be?

Junior Dos Santos.....His stand up is excellent and his ground game is superb and i think if he works on his take down defence specifically he will blow threw mir and would give Brock a run for his money i think Carwin is overated and Cain is good but i give the edge to JDS

JDS will be the next top HW. He will crush Cain. He might take a few losses but everyone does' date=' but to who i dont know. He definitely will be the top HW out of those listed. But if others pop up who knows.[/quote']

I totaly agree..... just switch JDS and Cain's names.... Look i kno ppl are hating on Cain resently because of his "lucky" shot at Nog. Remember he is working at it and is getting better everytime he fights!! also he doesnt have to stand and bang. he can go for the takedown and TKO from there. I kno you must be thinking well this fool has cain on his avatar! of course he must be a CainTrain head. JDS still has those unbelieveable hands and he hasn't been counted out yet!!

I see JDS being the champ soon. Cain showed alot more to his game against Nog' date=' I was really impressed bu his technique, improved laot as has his power. I would still fancy JDS beating him though, but i could honestly see them fighting each other 3 times at least....[/quote']

WOW a Cain JDS Trilogy?!

I think i ****ed a little......

this is a tough one. It is definately between dos santos and Velasquez and it would pretty much come down to who could impose their will. Dos santos can be taken down and cain is very good at doing so and keeping them there. Dos santos on the other hand is probably the best striker in the heavyweight division that being said if velasquez doesnt let the nogueira fight go to his head he will be fine but if he thinks he can strike with santos he is in for a short night. Velasquez is just a beast and can definatley match santos's hand speed so he will be able to set up the take down. So i would have to favor velasquez by decision and i hope that is the next fight for both of them because it would be an interesting match-up and will show just how good dos santos is on in the ground, where you will need to be the strongest to be able to be the heavyweight champion. I think frank mir is good and all but his days are numbered and the new era of fighters are on the horizon.

Ask this after the 27th lol.

Aint seen Carwin fight in over a year now.

Mir seems to be doing great since his beating at the hands of Lesnar.

JDS & Cain are showing great promise, and dominating.

The rest you could have left off the list.

If Mir can stand and bang with Carwin like he is claiming and pulls off the win, convicingly I'll rank him 1st.

If Carwin comes out and puts the lights out on Mir, or takes him to the ground and GnP's him out, convicingly I'll give him first.

If Mir and Carwin goes past 3 rds, or they look bad, I'll have to go with a split between

JDS & Cain.

But before I vote anyone of these people at top hw currently, I want to see if Mir has really gained real power and can take a shot, and how much rust Carwin has on him after a year off.

Sad part is if Carwin comes out and first round KO's Mir, I still wont be able to say with him vs JDS & Cain, but if he comes out and shows a solid game for 2 to 2 and half rounds, and ko or tko's Mir I could judge better.

Until somebody beats Brock' date=' I'm going to stick with him. Carwin, Mir, Velasquez, and JDS are all capable, and I can't wait to see any of those fights.[/quote']

Believe the OP, was reffering to while Brock is unable to fight.

I keep hearing other people say Brock says he will be back at so and so piont.

I have yet to have seen, Brock 100% will be back by a date.

as much as i hate to say it because i prefer dos santos

I like your attitude my friend. You are stating a truly unbiased opinion. JDS is in your favs. but you are saying Cain would beat him eventually. I myself am a huge Cain fan..but I have seen JDS' striking game..Phenominal. I believe it could go either way. Either of these guys could catch the other and fireworks would ensue. I just appreciate the freshness of an educated honest post. Instead of the same old biased "he'd destroy him" type stuff. All that being said..I believe Cain or JDS will be the top HW soon.-

MrKobayashi

I like your attitude my friend. You are stating a truly unbiased opinion. JDS is in your favs. but you are saying Cain would beat him eventually. I myself am a huge Cain fan..but I have seen JDS' striking game..Phenominal. I believe it could go either way. Either of these guys could catch the other and fireworks would ensue. I just appreciate the freshness of an educated honest post. Instead of the same old biased "he'd destroy him" type stuff. -

MrKobayashi

I don't think anyone is really being bias in this entire post, which might be a first on this forum.

It's just really hard to call currently between Cain and JDS.

The picture wil be hopefully alot clearer after the 27th as far as Mir and Carwin, but basicly those 4 need to fight each other.

1 Mir

2 JDS

3 Cain

4 Carwin

the top 3 all have real nice hw ufc records so far, not saying carwin doesnt but im the least impressed with him, not saying he sucks or anything cuz he did destroy gonzaga but thats pretty much it. while cain has beat konga, and rothwell and big nog easily, while mir ko'd nog realll easy and destroyed kongo, and jds is on a rampage u dont even have to make an argument for him

Archived