Attitude GSP/Hardy

MrKobayashi

Just some thoughts on this one:

GSP is the kind of guy who is never satisfied with himself. He believes he can always be better, and to be honest he always expects the worst to happen. A loss. Hence, his success. He has pushed himself to the point of madness due to his "imperfections"...That being said.

Hardy is overly confident (****y). He has made many a statement about how dominant he will be against GSP, and how GSP has never seen an opponent like him. In effect he is expecting way too much from himself.

If you go into this expecting the worst..the outcome can only be better than expected.

If you "know" you are going to win..You are setting yourself up for a very painful lesson.

While I can't say GSP will 100% win. His attitude won't hurt his chances, while Hardy's attitude may betray him. -

MrKobayashi

You need to take things people say in this situation with a grain of salt. I'm sure Hardy's been coached on what to say. It's like I said in the other thread that's on this page that you didn't find because you didn't use the search button' date=' it sells fights.[/quote']

Could have used without the search button comment..Sorry I didn't do a search for your specific comments on the topic. But I guess you are a senior member so that makes all of your posts perfect.

Were you there when he was coached? Just curious because you said you were sure.

I along with a lot of others believe Hardy has an awful attitude, a seperate class from other contenders.

MrKobayashi

It's pretty funny actually. Dan Hardy only went to train with Serra to get in his head. Why else would he go train with someone that GSP murdered in their last fight? I can actually see GSP knocking Hardy out more then I can see Hardy knocking GSP out. Then again I gotta give credit to Hardy. He's made the hype for this fight skyrocket. I'm so psyched for this fight!!! GOD!!! I just hope Hardy has not gotten into GSP's head or this might be a harder fight for GSP then I'm hoping...

This is interesting...

Me personally, I think the worst and a lot of times things turn out better than I expected

The loss to Serra is a big reason why GSP is staying humble and not spouting off garbage like "Hardy sucks and is out of his league"

But I'll say it for him, Hardy's out of his league :)

This is interesting...

Me personally' date=' I think the worst and a lot of times things turn out better than I expected

The loss to Serra is a big reason why GSP is staying humble and not spouting off garbage like "Hardy sucks and is out of his league"

But I'll say it for him, Hardy's out of his league :)[/quote']

This was kinda my point on the topic. It got taken to a different level by other members, so I'm glad you got the point.

I think that's a big reason for some of GSP's success. He expects the worst, so he often over compensates and comes out on top. Thanks. -

MrKobayashi

This is interesting...

Me personally' date=' I think the worst and a lot of times things turn out better than I expected

But really Hardy can't act like he is out of his league, he has to hype the fight, and this is his chance, so he has to make the best of it.

People act like he should have said, "Sorry Dana, I'll wait to fight for the belt when GSP retires."

But really Hardy can't act like he is out of his league' date=' he has to hype the fight, and this is his chance, so he has to make the best of it.

People act like he should have said, "Sorry Dana, I'll wait to fight for the belt when GSP retires."[/quote']

He doesn't have to act out of his league, and the fight could be hyped without all the ridiculous things he has said..What does teasing a guy about his calender have to do with hyping the FIGHT?-

MrKobayashi

He doesn't have to act out of his league' date=' and the fight could be hyped without all the ridiculous things he has said..What does teasing a guy about his calender have to do with hyping the FIGHT?-

MrKobayashi[/quote']

It's his style.

Tho I myself don't care for it.

There 's another UFC fighter, who is just as bad and half the people on this forum hug his nuts. < Brock Lesnar

But really Hardy can't act like he is out of his league' date=' he has to hype the fight, and this is his chance, so he has to make the best of it.

People act like he should have said, "Sorry Dana, I'll wait to fight for the belt when GSP retires."[/quote']

Im confused why you seem to believe every fight has to be hyped. Blah blah paper view sales blah blah. Most people tune in to watch people fighting. It seems to me that most of the more popular fighters do the least as you call it "hyping" or as i would call it disrespectful trash talk. Gsp, Coture, Machida, Griffin all good examples of this. Granted there are a good amount of popular smack talkers like say Mir, Tito (way back when), Evans, lesnar. it just seems to me that most people tune in to see 2 really good fighters fight each other. How much higher would the ppv sales be between rampage and rashad if they didnt talk so much? I honestly doubt it would be much higher. I really doubt anybody coached hardy into saying the dumb things he says as nobody has apparantly successfully coached the above fighters into it. Im really getting tired of the same lame stuff being said to gsp every fight. Maybe it adds entertainment for some people but imo it just makes the ufc look bad. Gsp should have earned the respect of these fighters and should treat him as such. I have said it before but its a great comparison nobody talks **** to coture, Not even lesanr, and its for a good reason.

Another GSP nut hugger...........

GSP has attitude too..... he just chooses not to exchange words because his english isnt exactly perfect. hardy is showing Confidence, as is GSP, they prepare for fights mentally in differant ways. I respect both fighters and both styles. GSP in my opinion is overplayed and not as great as everyone makes him to be, his stand up lacks power and although he "mixes it up" he throws alot of the same predictible combos. If hardy can keep the fight standing, he definatly has a chance to connect on a counter punch.

My call is GSP goes for one of his superman punches and gets caught, almost loses then comes back and keeps the fight on the ground to win.

GSP has attitude too..... he just chooses not to exchange words because his english isnt exactly perfect. hardy is showing Confidence' date=' as is GSP, they prepare for fights mentally in differant ways. I respect both fighters and both styles. GSP in my opinion is overplayed and not as great as everyone makes him to be, his stand up lacks power and although he "mixes it up" he throws alot of the same predictible combos. If hardy can keep the fight standing, he definatly has a chance to connect on a counter punch.

My call is GSP goes for one of his superman punches and gets caught, almost loses then comes back and keeps the fight on the ground to win.[/quote']

My question to you. If it is so "predictable" how come no one has beaten him then since it's so predictable?

GSP has attitude too..... he just chooses not to exchange words because his english isnt exactly perfect. hardy is showing Confidence' date=' as is GSP, they prepare for fights mentally in differant ways. I respect both fighters and both styles. GSP in my opinion is overplayed and not as great as everyone makes him to be, his stand up lacks power and although he "mixes it up" he throws alot of the same predictible combos. If hardy can keep the fight standing, he definatly has a chance to connect on a counter punch.

My call is GSP goes for one of his superman punches and gets caught, almost loses then comes back and keeps the fight on the ground to win.[/quote']

Because his English isn't perfect??? Ha! He could get some trash talk out if he wanted to, He's heard enough of it that I'm sure he could get by!

Next thing, you say GSP is overplayed?!?!? And he's predictable and lacks power..I'm sorry my friend, there is nothing to say about this but that you are sorely mistaken. The nut hugger comment was real original too by the way.

MrKobayashi

Could have used without the search button comment..Sorry I didn't do a search for your specific comments on the topic. But I guess you are a senior member so that makes all of your posts perfect.

Were you there when he was coached? Just curious because you said you were sure.

I along with a lot of others believe Hardy has an awful attitude' date=' a seperate class from other contenders.

MrKobayashi[/quote']

Lol, did I hurt your feelings? And you didn't have to search, there were two others on the same page.

Lemme ask you something. Do you know what likeness is? The UFC buys the rights to your likeness: how people feel about your image. The UFC is as much an entertainment industry as it is an MMA league. They create a public image of you and they can use that image whenever they want. That's why when I say, "he's being coached on what to say," I know I'm right because they're doing it. I can't remember which fight it was (either gsp/hughes 2, gsp/serra 2, or hughes/serra), but after one of those fights, both fighters came out and said that all the trash talk leading up to the fight was just to hype it up.

Anyway, don't pull this Senior Member bs. I don't think I'm better than anybody else, I just want this forum to ease up on multiple threads.

/rant

tldr: I disagree with what he's saying.

Lol' date=' did I hurt your feelings? And you didn't have to search, there were two others on the same page.

Lemme ask you something. Do you know what [i']likeness[/i] is? The UFC buys the rights to your likeness: how people feel about your image. The UFC is as much an entertainment industry as it is an MMA league. They create a public image of you and they can use that image whenever they want. That's why when I say, "he's being coached on what to say," I know I'm right because they're doing it. I can't remember which fight it was (either gsp/hughes 2, gsp/serra 2, or hughes/serra), but after one of those fights, both fighters came out and said that all the trash talk leading up to the fight was just to hype it up.

Anyway, don't pull this Senior Member bs. I don't think I'm better than anybody else, I just want this forum to ease up on multiple threads.

/rant

tldr: I disagree with what he's saying.

My feelings were absolutely destroyed by your comments. I don't know if I can continue.

If there are enough people replying, there is no need to ease up on multiple threads..Obviously you keep posting on them, keeping them going. As members here, we have the right to post new threads, even if they are multiples.

This forum will not conform to all of YOUR wants my friend. -

MrKobayashi

My feelings were absolutely destroyed by your comments. I don't know if I can continue.

If there are enough people replying' date=' there is no need to ease up on multiple threads..Obviously you keep posting on them, keeping them going. As members here, we have the right to post new threads, even if they are multiples.

This forum will not conform to all of YOUR wants my friend. -

MrKobayashi[/quote']

Yeah, I'm the only one that hates talking about the same thing all the time.

Yeah' date=' I'm the only one that hates talking about the same thing all the time.[/quote']

That doesn't make a lick of sense. If you hate something then stop doing it. You are the one making the effort to post and join these discussions you say you hate so much.

MrKobayashi

There is so much love on this site.

Anyway, folks....you cannot let what fighters say in pre-fight interviews affect how you feel about a fighter. Comments that are made in pre-fight interviews are staged and are for the sole purpose of hyping a fight.

Say I am a fighter and my opponent is GSP. Imagine if I said this, "I dont know if I want this fight. How could I possibly beat him. I don't even have take down defenses....and my stand up is laughable. I don't even know how I got the title shot. I only accepted the fight because the ufc was going to double my salary."

My question to you. If it is so "predictable" how come no one has beaten him then since it's so predictable?

Damn, you beat me to it! Predicable only works if you can counter....the end.

Also I think Dan is not just talking hype why would he, as others have pointed out, he wants and thinks he can win....duh

Adding 1 more. It seems to me that Dan H. is way more affected by Georges then GSP is by him. Who went all "martial arts" after Georges comment? And the calender thing was just grasping to me.....that was lame.

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow! They are both great fighters.

Slippin in hometown boy....12-0!!!

GSP not ****y?...lol. All that guy talks about is how he puts down every challenge presented to him and repeatidly putting down hardy as a fighter. Yea hardy is ****y but saying GSP is just one big piece of humble pie is a total crock.

If you are talking about the "martial artist" comment as repeatedly putting him down....well, it kind of worked, don't you think? Other than that GSP hasn't addressed anything else Dan H. has thrown his way.

GSP not ****y?...lol. All that guy talks about is how he puts down every challenge presented to him and repeatidly putting down hardy as a fighter. Yea hardy is ****y but saying GSP is just one big piece of humble pie is a total crock.

+1

gsp is a great fighter, i think he is a huge jerk tho... would not want to be his friend!! lol

There is so much love on this site.

Anyway' date=' folks....you cannot let what fighters say in pre-fight interviews affect how you feel about a fighter. Comments that are made in pre-fight interviews are staged and are for the sole purpose of hyping a fight.

Say I am a fighter and my opponent is GSP. Imagine if I said this, "I dont know if I want this fight. How could I possibly beat him. I don't even have take down defenses....and my stand up is laughable. I don't even know how I got the title shot. I only accepted the fight because the ufc was going to double my salary."[/quote']

Brief question. So everytime a fighter is arogant & disrespectful it's just all hype?

I myself believe that a fighter can pump up a fight without losing their integrity. If that fighter is worthy in the first place, no hype is necessary. So in effect you CAN let what fighters say in interviews affect how you feel about them. I have seen many a championship bout hype itself, without all of the disrespect, as I am sure you have as well.

MrKobayashi

+1

gsp is a great fighter' date=' i think he is a huge jerk tho... would not want to be his friend!! lol[/quote']

really?...why?

he seems hella down to earth and humble to me

i mean c'mon,he said he was afraid of UFO's on the countdown show...how many ****y ****s would admit to that?

every guy he fights talks a bunch of crap about him,and all he says is,basically"i've heard this before,everyone say this...but when its over,i will have my hand raised...he's the toughest opponent i've ever faced"

GSP is the most humble champ there is...lyoto seems to be to,but since i dont know portuguese,i really cant tell

+1

gsp is a great fighter' date=' i think he is a huge jerk tho... would not want to be his friend!! lol[/quote']

friend met GSP on the street VERY nice guy they started talking about MMA and bought my friend a few rounds of beer.

He doesn't have to act out of his league' date=' and the fight could be hyped without all the ridiculous things he has said..What does teasing a guy about his calender have to do with hyping the FIGHT?-

MrKobayashi[/quote']

Can you send me some links to these interviews please?

I can't find anything really bad Dan has said.

really?...why?

he seems hella down to earth and humble to me

i mean c'mon' date='he said he was afraid of UFO's on the countdown show...how many ****y ****s would admit to that?

every guy he fights talks a bunch of crap about him,and all he says is,basically"i've heard this before,everyone say this...but when its over,i will have my hand raised"

GSP is the most humble champ there is...lyoto seems to be to,but since i dont know portuguese,i really cant tell[/quote']

Hi e_r_i_k

I like your input, and I agree with you fully. But be cautious of the "hype" retort as well.

According to a number of our friends in the forum, nothing these fighters say or do is sincere once the cameras roll. Either GSP or Hardy. -

MrKobayashi

Brief question. So everytime a fighter is arogant & disrespectful it's just all hype?

I myself believe that a fighter can pump up a fight without losing their integrity. If that fighter is worthy in the first place' date=' no hype is necessary. So in effect you CAN let what fighters say in interviews affect how you feel about them. I have seen many a championship bout hype itself, without all of the disrespect, as I am sure you have as well.

MrKobayashi[/quote']

What fighters say in pre-fight interviews, more often than not, reveals very little about a fighter's true personality. Fighter's personalities are mostly displayed through gossip and talk shows.

And yes, I have seen class act interviews between fighters who demonstrate the utmost respect for each other. I have also seen pre-fight interviews where fighters were told what to say but have managed to keep it respectful. But if you read between the lines, you can clearly see the fighter was prompted or has been told what to say.

This is interesting...

thank you this is just another gimme fight for the ufc's northern golden boy

What fighters say in pre-fight interviews' date=' more often than not, reveals very little about a fighter's true personality. Fighter's personalities are mostly displayed through gossip and talk shows.

And yes, I have seen class act interviews between fighters who demonstrate the utmost respect for each other. I have also seen pre-fight interviews where fighters were told what to say but have managed to keep it respectful. But if you read between the lines, you can clearly see the fighter was prompted or has been told what to say.[/quote']

So where does the fighter draw the line? You say some fighters are told what to say but keep it respectful. Why can't other fighters keep it respectful too? Or are they told word for word what to say each time? And how convincing are they instructed to be?

MrKobayashi

Ive seen them all

Still none the wiser?

A few remarks coming from both camps' date=' but I can't seem to find the one big one to make you start a thread on how disrespectful Dan has been.[/quote']

If you can't see it than that's fine. I never asked you to agree with the initiation of the thread, I simply posted some thoughts on it and now we are getting some discussion on the topic. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? If you see no point in discussing this, then why did you even post in the first place?

MrKobayashi

If you can't see it than that's fine. I never asked you to agree with the initiation of the thread' date=' I simply posted some thoughts on it and now we are getting some discussion on the topic. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? If you see no point in discussing this, then why did you even post in the first place?

MrKobayashi[/quote']

Ok, well as its a forum...

Can you discuss with me comments that Dan said that have annoyed you so much??

I'm just curious to know!

Ok' date=' well as its a forum...

Can you discuss with me comments that Dan said that have annoyed you so much??

I'm just curious to know![/quote']

I have already directed you to the Spike presentation. So basically anything and everything contained in the episodes. Now if you'd like me to recite them one by one, I will need to attain a transcript of the airing. If this is daft, why do you want to discuss the topic with me? Not to say that I won't discuss topic with you, but your last question doesn't quite fall in line with your previous statements.

MrKobayashi

I have already directed you to the Spike presentation. So basically anything and everything contained in the episodes. Now if you'd like me to recite them one by one' date=' I will need to attain a transcript of the airing. If this is daft, why do you want to discuss the topic with me? Not to say that I won't discuss topic with you, but your last question doesn't quite fall in line with your previous statements.

MrKobayashi[/quote']

I'll try and make this clear for you then,

Anything and everything contained in the episodes?

If you would name three statements, just three that are so disrespectful from Dan?

That shouldn't be difficult as you think there are so many.

Ok this is an edit, It doesn't matter.

My head hurts.

I'll try and make this clear for you then' date='

Anything and everything contained in the episodes?

If you would name three statements, just three that are so disrespectful from Dan?

That shouldn't be difficult as you think there are so many.[/quote']

My friend, I have seen the episodes, I could tell you the statements. While I don't like to say negative things about other members; you have become somewhat childish on the topic. First this whole thing is daft to you and now you want to argue over my knowledge on the episodes? I will not play that game. I already posted my thoughts very early on and continued to do so, so you know my ideas, now please share yours.

You do seem to have general thoughts on how Mr. Hardy has handled himself in a classy manner. Would you let me know your thoughts on this?

MrKobayashi

Archived