Why does Hardy think His standup is so awesome?

Soulglow

arrogance? trash talking? phyching himself up? Really that good?

Personally I think that Thaigo Alves has way more power in his hands and standup then Hardy possesses and he couldn't beat GSP. And I also think its funny how Hardy keeps talking about how GSP hasn't faced a match like this. Bro, its his 5th title defense.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardy has good standup, and what do you want him to say prior to the fight?

" I have a chance in hell, but it's a good payday"

" I hope GSP's pit's don't smell bad, as he is taking me down and smothering me 90% of the fight".

From brewster

Just a heads up to all members that we will begin to issue 1 day bans to members who insult other members in their posts.

We have been asking members here to refrain from this for a very long time. Unfortunately things are getting worse, not better.

You can not refer to other members as "idiots" "morons" or "any particular swear word". You can not use swear words that get around the swear filter by adding in @, *, ! etc. or use derogatory comments towards anyone.

If you receive a 1 day ban and continue to insult members, your ban length will grow to a time that we deem to be sufficient.

You will not receive a warning, this is every members warning...

This forum has members of all ages and we will make sure that it is kept clean and that members respect the posts of others and debate in a civil and respectful manner.

Thank you.

Hardy has good standup' date=' and what do you want him to say prior to the fight?

" I have a chance in hell, but it's a good payday"

" I hope GSP's pit's don't smell bad, as he is taking me down and smothering me 90% of the fight".[/quote']

No I don't expect him to say anything like that. I just don't think his standup is vastly superior like he, and his camp are saying. I think he has good skills, but I don't consider him to be a top striker. While hyping a fight is fine and normal practice, just wondering why he and his camp have zeroed in on his standup like its amazing.

Just wondering if there are reasons and examples of him dominating against other top strikers to make such claims. Help me out.

Of course there will be multiple topics about hardy and GSP, its the main event coming up and there was just the last installment of primetime.

From brewster

Just a heads up to all members that we will begin to issue 1 day bans to members who insult other members in their posts.

We have been asking members here to refrain from this for a very long time. Unfortunately things are getting worse' date=' not better.

You can not refer to other members as "idiots" "morons" or "any particular swear word". You can not use swear words that get around the swear filter by adding in @, *, ! etc. or use derogatory comments towards anyone.

If you receive a 1 day ban and continue to insult members, your ban length will grow to a time that we deem to be sufficient.

This forum has members of all ages and we will make sure that it is kept clean and that members respect the posts of others and debate in a civil and respectful manner.

Thank you.[/quote']

I don't need to call you any of those things to make fun of you, which you fully deserve for the things you say about fighters.

im talking 2 Dmtl' date=' i called kongo a coward thats all..so buzz off, and i wasnt the only 1 who called kongo a coward...look at all the gsp ****s saying terrible things about bj penn ? get out of here[/quote']

I'll handle them too when I see them. Besides, that isn't it. You always say stuff like "this is mma, not BJJ or wrestling" like they are somehow less of martial arts than kickboxing. It's completely disrespectful to those guys who have trained for years in their disciplines.

I'll handle them too when I see them. Besides' date=' that isn't it. You always say stuff like "this is mma, not BJJ or wrestling" like they are somehow less of martial arts than kickboxing. It's completely disrespectful to those guys who have trained for years in their disciplines.[/quote']

actually Dmtl always says that, and i dont need u 2 explain mma, but sitting on some 1 for 3 rounds isnt mma, end of subject

he does have good striking

sprawl n brawl.. hes just starting in the ufc and hes got a title shot..

u think dana n so would wnt to make a boring matchup.. im sure they see something in his style thats a bit of a threat to gsp..

but we're gonna see whos striking is top notch anyways.. unless its another takedown clinic..

u think dana n so would wnt to make a boring matchup.. im sure they see something in his style thats a bit of a threat to gsp..

but we're gonna see whos striking is top notch anyways.. unless its another takedown clinic..

it will be another takedown clinic though...

I think the UFC sometimes makes matches for other reasons, not sure he earned the title shot yet, but its all good. All the best to him. I am excited to watch this fight. Not a GSP ****, but I respect the dude.

From brewster

We have been asking members here to refrain from this for a very long time. Unfortunately things are getting worse' date=' not better.

Thank you.[/quote']

someone hurt your feelings big boy? why don't ask your mommy to take me to court.

it will be another takedown clinic though...

lol i hate to admit it but yeah... gsp the wreslter

gonna lose respect for him if he doesnt finish the fight.. i rekn he just likes to manhandle sweaty men.. lol here comes the ****s

im sure dana n so want to match up gsp with someone whos good at sprawling n good on the feet, so he knows he cant just rely on his wrestling sometimes.. kind of like when tito couldnt take chuck down n relised he was gonna get knocked out..

using moron is not allowed brother' date=' these are the rules[/quote']

calling a fighter a coward is an attack on a fighter and not allowed here either.

Pot calling Kettle black.

Grow up, leave your mommy's basement. Experience life. Here's a good one EDUCATE YOURSELF before you speak/type so that you don't sound like an ignoranus everytime your mouth opens/type in a thread.

lol i hate to admit it but yeah... gsp the wreslter

gonna lose respect for him if he doesnt finish the fight.. i rekn he just likes to manhandle sweaty men.. lol here comes the ****s

im sure dana n so want to match up gsp with someone whos good at sprawling n good on the feet' date=' so he knows he cant just rely on his wrestling sometimes.. kind of like when tito couldnt take chuck down n relised he was gonna get knocked out..[/quote']

haha wait for it man, they will pounce on u shortly

calling a fighter a coward is an attack on a fighter and not allowed here either.

Pot calling Kettle black.

Grow up' date=' leave your mommy's basement. Experience life. Here's a good one E[b']DUCATE YOURSELF[/b] before you speak/type so that you don't sound like an ignranus everytime your mouth opens/type in a thread.

no he was a coward on that night, his approach..how many things hav u said regarding bj penn ? on so many threads u insulted people hypocrite

no he was a coward on that night' date=' his approach..how many things hav u said regarding bj penn ? on so many threads u insulted people hypocrite[/quote']

Excuse me when have I ever called a fighter a coward. Never. So unless you want to be called musichamza for life i suggest you stfu and stop breaking rules yourself when telling others to stop doing it.

I think the UFC sometimes makes matches for other reasons' date=' [b']not sure he earned the title shot yet[/b], but its all good. All the best to him. I am excited to watch this fight. Not a GSP ****, but I respect the dude.

yeah he rekns that he relises hes not the real champ if he does beat gsp.. he rekns that theres other fighters he needs to beat to be considered the champ.. at least hes head is not to far up somewhere..

Excuse me when have I ever called a fighter a coward. Never. So unless you want to be called musichamza for life i suggest you stfu and stop breaking rules yourself when telling others to stop doing it.

hey french whimp, i never said u called them a coward..but there r other means 2 insult people, uv insulted many people here..i thought u were relatively smart? lol no sir u stfu, and stop acting like a tough guy on the net, in reality ull get ur **** handed 2 u french whimp

I didn't even say him fighting GSP in the next fight.

When GSP lost to Serra he had to beat Koscheck and Hughes to get the rematch.

styles make matchups.. someone could have hardys number sure, but im saying if he beats gsp twice regardless of matches between..

your a **** n everythink you say is bias therefore invalid..

go to a gsp site fanboy..

styles make matchups.. someone could have hardys number sure' date=' but im saying if he beats gsp twice regardless of matches between..

your a **** n everythink you say is bias therefore invalid..

go to a gsp site fanboy..[/quote']

yes thats right and your a hardy **** oh noes we all gotta leave.

How is what I said bias please explain?

Here I'll even repost it for you because I know you have a short memory

IF he does beat GSP but loses to the next person right after, they will simply call it a fluke.

Which is why everyone considers Serra's win a fluke

yes thats right and your a hardy **** oh noes we all gotta leave.

How is what I said bias please explain?

Here I'll even repost it for you because I know you have a short memory

IF he does beat GSP but loses to the next person right after' date=' they will simply call it a fluke.

Which is why everyone considers Serra's win a fluke[/quote']

i hit a sensitive spot aye?

hey french whimp' date=' i never said u called them a coward..but there r other means 2 insult people, uv insulted many people here..i thought u were relatively smart? lol no sir u stfu, and stop acting like a tough guy on the net, in reality ull get ur **** handed 2 u french whimp[/quote']

Ok spam boy, think if you check with brewster.

He will also ban you for french whimp

As it is a racial insult.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!???????? ofcourse dan hardy has expert muay thai skills! i mean cmon!!! he KO'd Rory Markham... you guys havnt seen it?? its his entire highlight reel!! into one fight!! thats how much it meant to his career.. i mean thats gotta catapult you somewhere near silvas level... i mean rorys got an iron chin.... out of his 5 losses hes only been KO'd 5 times.. not to shabby

u havnt even been flowing the convo' date=' he profiles me as well, calls me music hamza based on my religion, then i started calling him a french whimp, so before u open ur mouth read the thread[/quote']

you know every time you try to defend yourself saying im profiling you calling you musichamza ive already explained why i call you it yet you still insist im saying it because of your religion dude you really don't have a clue.

stop insulting the members' date=' ull be banned, cant we be civil brother? cant we all get along[/quote']

Actually dont think I have read a thread where you are in it where you don't try to start a keyboard arguement, with someone, and I personally careless about peoples profiles.

I simplely treat them as they treat others.

Actually dont think I have read a thread where you are in it where you don't try to start a keyboard arguement' date=' with someone, and I personally careless about peoples profiles.

I simplely treat them as they treat others.[/quote']

its non of ur business, the guy started all this, im simply replying, it has nothing 2 do with u, out of this thread

you know every time you try to defend yourself saying im profiling you calling you musichamza ive already explained why i call you it yet you still insist im saying it because of your religion dude you really don't have a clue.

u dont have a clue then, the guy calls me that 2 profile me, and ur using it..i told u 2 stop brother, u dont have 2 bring religion into this

Archived