Dana's Got A Problem

oxymoron5k

Cain Valesquez and JDS are rising up the ranks rapidly and are bound to to face each other to prove who is better...I dont think Dana wants them to fight each other because it's bad for business..(which i dont blame him) Who would you put for their next opponent and maybe the next after that assuming their outcome?

Who can you put in there.

Everyone keeps claiming these guys need to fight better competition.

Besides Mir, who could be ranked higher than them?

Carwin is in the same boat as them, but he is really does need more competition.

Everyone else Cain on JDS has beaten, Mir runs his mouth and gets an instant title shot, brock is being a bum, who can these two fight that keeps the rising threw the ranks?

Besides each other, there is NOONE

Who can you put in there.

Everyone keeps claiming these guys need to fight better competition.

Besides Mir' date=' who could be ranked higher than them?

Carwin is in the same boat as them, but he is really does need more competition.

Everyone else Cain on JDS has beaten, Mir runs his mouth and gets an instant title shot, brock is being a bum, who can these two fight that keeps the rising threw the ranks?

Besides each other, there is NOONE[/quote']

Like i said, Dana has got a problem...It will be interesting to see what he makes happen.

JDS vs Duffee Todd

Cain vs Mike Russow

No it does not really improve there rankings, but would be good fights.

Also one should fight the loser of the Carwin/Mir fight, and other should fight the loser of Carwin/ Mir winner vs Brock while other fights Brock.

The top 2 listed is just basicly good fill ins while they wait for below listed.

Having a top 5 that could potentially beat each other means the division is stacked. There's no champion that dominates everybody.

It's not stacked because after the top 5 there's nobody. Nogueira and Gonzaga Kongo really?

Everyone just said Struve or Nelson is a step down. Everyone in top 5 fought the other 3 I mentioned.

Get where I'm going with this?

JDS vs Duffee Todd

Cain vs Mike Russow

No it does not really improve there rankings' date=' but would be good fights.

Also one should fight the loser of the Carwin/Mir fight, and other should fight the loser of Carwin/ Mir winner vs Brock while other fights Brock.

The top 2 listed is just basicly good fill ins while they wait for below listed.[/quote']

Todd duffee...lol todd duffe fought once in the ufc with a guy who really wasnt the good...so that match up is terrible.

and russow is fighting todd duffee lol

Todd duffee...lol todd duffe fought once in the ufc with a guy who really wasnt the good...so that match up is terrible.

And Brock lost his first match to Mir then beat wait for it....wait for it....Hearring who is a top ranked guy and deserved a title shot for that right?

News flash besides the top 5 the HW division is NOT stacked.

So while you call it not stacked, I look at it as some damned good possible fights in the future.

Currently you have

Brock

Mir

Carwin

Jds

Cain

To watch

Todd Duffe

Struve Stefan

Tuchscherer

Russow

Just below the top

Big Nog

Napo

Cro Cop

Barry Pat ( so so on this one)

Nelson

And some decent ones

Buentello

Ciesnolevicz

Gormley

Kongo

Herring

Todd Duffee vs JDS?

What the hell are you smoking?

Some dude that fought once in the UFC, didn't get to see him fight but for a few seconds and suddenly he should take on the top of the HW division to a guy who's undefeated in the UFC and has taken out everyone in spectacular fashion just because you got wowed with 1 punch?

Give me a break.

It's as if you just woke up and started watching the UFC yesterday.

yea dana's got a problem stop protecting gsp move his **** up to middleweight, other than that the loser of the carwin/mir fight should fight velesquez, and i think jds should fight NOG or but if he really wants a good card velesquez vs jds is the best way too go and the winner of that faces the winner of brock vs carwin/mir if they want them to avoid each other jds has to fight NOG mentor or not

Dude please reframe from even quoting, or saying anything to me, or I'll nuke your little ego, and take the 1 day ban, hell I'll even pm brewster to give me the ban.

As I said possible people for them to fight and it would no improve there rankings it would simplely, be interesting fights.

Also if you check Duffee at 114 has not been confirmed, and the UFC has been known to change who is fighting who as in, they switched Carwin v Cain for Carwin v Lesnar, and it's now after Brock illness Carwin v Mir.

Cain Valesquez and JDS are rising up the ranks rapidly and are bound to to face each other to prove who is better...I dont think Dana wants them to fight each other because it's bad for business..(which i dont blame him) Who would you put for their next opponent and maybe the next after that assuming their outcome?

After Cain beat Nog we all knew he was next in line for the shot which will be end of year or early next year...so why are people still asking why doesnt he fight Cain? if we knew what was next for cain already. and JDS still needs one more fight before he faces a top guy like cain. Jds has proven great boxing...but thats it? i think he has to prove a little more before you put him against top 3

Todd Duffee vs JDS?

What the hell are you smoking?

Some dude that fought once in the UFC' date=' didn't get to see him fight but for a few seconds and suddenly he should take on the top of the HW division to a guy who's undefeated in the UFC and has taken out everyone in spectacular fashion just because you got wowed with 1 punch?

Give me a break.

It's as if you just woke up and started watching the UFC yesterday.[/quote']

Ok I just listed 2 people wtf, are you all on piss and moan pills today?

The damned piont was they could give them both interesting fight while they waited to fight whoever if need be. Have your mommy give ya a cookie, and tell ya what common sence is.

Duffe's record is 6-0. Cains is 8-0, yes Cain beat Nog, dont remember the other notables, but hey everyone says Cains ready to fight Lesnar, and Mir. And i aint like people Have not fought people thought of as ranked alot higher before, I.E Hardy is already fighting GSP.

But in truth it needs to be neither russow or Duffee, there are several people if need be they could fight, for a match if either need to wait a while on Mir or Carwin.

After Cain beat Nog we all knew he was next in line for the shot which will be end of year or early next year...so why are people still asking why doesnt he fight Cain? if we knew what was next for cain already. and JDS still needs one more fight before he faces a top guy like cain. Jds has proven great boxing...but thats it? i think he has to prove a little more before you put him against top 3

I got to give quality wise of wins a little edge to JDS. Tho he has one past loss and Cain does not.

JDS has beat

Werdum

Cro cop

Napo

Sturve

Yvel

While

Cain has beaten

Big Nog

Rothwell

Kongo

Stojnic

O'Brien

Morris

JDS vs' date=' Duffee (yes I know he's already fighting at 114)

Cain vs. Struve[/quote']

why's everyone hyping up Duffee?. im not saying he sucks c'mon let him get a couple more fights against a top prospect then we'll talk about him and JDS fighting.

why's everyone hyping up Duffee?. im not saying he sucks c'mon let him get a couple more fights against a top prospect then we'll talk about him and JDS fighting.

Ya lets get him to fight cro cop and gonzaga then he'll be the new #1 HW.

I don't get why Cain vs. JDS is "bad for business". Dana White is always going on about how he won't repeat the same mistakes boxing made, such as protecting fighters by feeding them cans until they get a title shot or by not putting on the fights fans want to see. Once you get past Mir and Carwin, these two are the next in line. Assuming the interim champ is not hurt and can face Lesnar this summer, the next title match won't be until around December or so. Do you really want Cain (or JDS) sitting around for nine months getting rusty? And if these two need a fight in the meantime, who else is worthy? This would be an excellent #1 contender bout and makes total sense in my mind.

I really don't understand why everyone thinks Cain is so much better than JDS. You could argue the case of JDS deserving a title shot after his first fight because Werdum would have been given one if he had beat Dos Santos. Is it because Cain is a wrassler?

Everyone doubts Dos Santos ground skills, well Gonzaga took him down and JDS popped right back up. JDS would knock Cain out cold, he's been so much more impressive than Cain.

Cain has been groomed since his first fight, JDS has been defeating many big names without getting a whole lot of recognition for it.

I thought Cain vs. Nog was an unofficial #1 contender's match, so Cain's next fight should either be against Brock for the title, or against the winner of Mir-Carwin for the interim title.

JDS seems to be the man who is lost in the shuffle at the moment, and I reckon Cain should fight Brock next, with JDS fighting the winner of Mir-Carwin for the interim title, followed by another unification match.

Of course, if Mir beats Carwin, then the case for Brock-Mir 3 is too compelling (as a certain megabucks headliner) to ignore. That means Cain has to wait for his shot - or we could have Cain vs. JDS as an eliminator around the same time as Brock-Mir.

News flash besides the top 5 the HW division is NOT stacked.

Yeah but its more interesting though. Then ever anyway.

JDS fights the loser of Mir v Carwin, Cain waits til after the Lesnar v winner of Mir v Carwin. Or just fights Lesnar if Mir or Carwin is hurt.

It's not stacked because after the top 5 there's nobody. Nogueira and Gonzaga Kongo really?

Everyone just said Struve or Nelson is a step down. Everyone in top 5 fought the other 3 I mentioned.

Get where I'm going with this?

If you compare the division with other divisions, it's stacked. LW = Penn's division, WW = GSP's division, MW = Silva's division, LHW = stacked, HW = stacked.

Not sure this is bad for business. In fact, I think big fights are good for business. They will have to fight at some point so, sooner is better than later. Because what if one of them fights some nobody and gets beat. Then you've really screwed up your money.

JDS vs' date=' Duffee (yes I know he's already fighting at 114)

Cain vs. Struve[/quote']

What no way man, don't you think that's a step down for both these guys, Cain just destroyed Big Nog and JDS did the same with Gonzaga.

JDS vs (loser of Mir/Carwin)

Cain (number one contender) face winner of Brock vs (Mir/Carwin)

or any combination that involves (Brock/Mir/Carwin)

With all due respect for either of these guys to fight any other person currently in the UFC's HW mix would be a step down and somewhat insulting.

I got to give quality wise of wins a little edge to JDS. Tho he has one past loss and Cain does not.

JDS has beat

Werdum

Cro cop

Napo

Sturve

Yvel

While

Cain has beaten

Big Nog

Rothwell

Kongo

Stojnic

O'Brien

Morris

+1 Posted a similar statement to this in a recent thread regarding these two. Both top notch fighters but JDS has faced the stronger competitors (not that Cain's are all that shabby haha).

If you compare the division with other divisions' date=' it's stacked. LW = Penn's division, WW = GSP's division, MW = Silva's division, LHW = stacked, HW = stacked.[/quote']

I think your getting stacked confused with competitive. Thats like saying the IFL was stacked because there were a bunch of guys contending for the belts. It wasn't stacked, it was the fact that everybody was just OK that made it competitive.

I think your getting stacked confused with competitive. Thats like saying the IFL was stacked because there were a bunch of guys contending for the belts. It wasn't stacked' date=' it was the fact that everybody was just OK that made it competitive.[/quote']

So what does it mean when you say a division is stacked? This isn't an angry response. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know.

Well' date=' I'd like to know why I'm wrong. I'm not the kind of guy that thinks I'm right all the time, so please explain.[/quote']

First of all we dont call a division stacked cause there champion dominate it .

We call a division stacked when the top 5 are so good that is hard to take one to fight for the title .

WW and LHW are the more stacked cause they got a lot of awesome fighter in there top 5 .

HW division is not stacked , LW is not stacked , MW is not stacked .

When someone says a division is stacked, basically it means that there are a lot of high-quality fighters in that division. Stacked usually means the division is also competitive, but a competitive division is not always stacked. As someone mentioned earlier, you could have a division full of middle-tier guys. That division would likely be competitive since most guys are at the same level, but you wouldn't call it stacked because there aren't any big names in it.

First of all we dont call a division stacked cause there champion dominate it .

We call a division stacked when the top 5 are so good that is hard to take one to fight for the title .

WW and LHW are the more stacked cause they got a lot of awesome fighter in there top 5 .

HW division is not stacked ' date=' LW is not stacked , MW is not stacked .[/quote']

The top 5 in the HW division aren't very good?

When someone says a division is stacked' date=' basically it means that there are a lot of high-quality fighters in that division. Stacked usually means the division is also competitive, but a competitive division is not always stacked. As someone mentioned earlier, you could have a division full of middle-tier guys. That division would likely be competitive since most guys are at the same level, but you wouldn't call it stacked because there aren't any big names in it.[/quote']

I'd agree with that statement although i'd side more with the "high-quality fighter" aspect, as any division can be competitive if the fighters are all of a similar caliber. I wouldn't say that the HW division is stacked, yet... but its certainly much more interesting than it was a few years back when Tim Sylvia was champ.

I'd agree with that statement although i'd side more with the "high-quality fighter" aspect' date=' as any division can be competitive if the fighters are all of a similar caliber. I wouldn't say that the HW division is stacked, yet... [b']but its certainly much more interesting than it was a few years back when Tim Sylvia was champ.[/b]

That's what I'm comparing it too. Three years ago nobody cared about the division.

we have carwin vs mir on saturday.....winner gets lesnar (thats a given)

the only fight that makes sense is JDS vs Cain, winner gets the next title shot.

i dont understand why you guys say Cain is above JDS, that is the ideal #1 contender fight. it would be entertaining and good competition for both fighters. you could even have that fight as a main event on a PPV.

Archived