The JP24 question of the day.

JP24

If he manages to win a round. Yes. Simply because it will be against a credible opponent.

The last person to win a round vs. GSP was Koscheck, so for Hardy to do that means he's definetly moved into the top 10 status.

It will give him experience and a lesson to keep moving forward and to work on his ground/subs, TDD,TDs.

I don't disrespect Hardy, but this is just a bad fight for him so early in his UFC career.

If he manages to win a round. Yes. Simply because it will be against a credible opponent.

The last person to win a round vs. GSP was Koscheck' date=' so for Hardy to do that means he's definetly moved into the top 10 status.

It will give him experience and a lesson to keep moving forward and to work on his ground/subs, TDD,TDs.

I don't disrespect Hardy, but this is just a bad fight for him so early in his UFC career.[/quote']

I hope that Gsp dosent just Gnp him for five rounds. I know it is an easy win for him and stuff, but It wouldnt be too good for his credability. If he did this I also think people would think that was scared of hardy hitting him, and I think peole would lose respect for him. I voted yes. But let's be hoest how did hardy deserve a title shot I mean it is stupid, there are far better fighters waiting for a title shot, and yet he get's one. Anyway If he manges to take a round I will be impressed

yes to win a full round with gsp will be an acomplishment defo. i have a feeling he could pull an upset witha a good punch but to win a full round would ask a lot and i would be impressed. i think this fight is a touch early and i am a hardy fan but i look forward to seein how good the outlaw really is.

Dan Hardy will not win a full round against GSP. Im not saying he cant win by knockout, he just wouldnt be able to outskill someone of GSP's calibre for a full 5 minutes. Also since the Serra knockout GSP is a much smarter fighter and the window of opportunity Hardy has to find an opening and land that big shot is miniscule

Now what does everyone think? Is Dan Hardy's loss more impressive than his wins' date=' or no?[/quote']

I for one was impressed with his ground defense, ability to escape side control and mount repeatedly, and true testicular fortitude when withstanding and escaping the subs. His loss sends as loud a message as GSP's win does to anyone eductaed in the sport. True he had nothing for GSP's TD's, but no one does with that explosion and timing. But his escape ability and KO ability is going to make him trouble for guys like Fitch, Kos, and anyone else.

I for one was impressed with his ground defense' date=' ability to escape side control and mount repeatedly, and true testicular fortitude when withstanding and escaping the subs. His loss sends as loud a message as GSP's win does to anyone eductaed in the sport. True he had nothing for GSP's TD's, but no one does with that explosion and timing. But his escape ability and KO ability is going to make him trouble for guys like Fitch, Kos, and anyone else.[/quote']

I like the sound of that! I didn't get to watch the fight, but I'll find a way. :)

I for one was impressed with his ground defense' date=' ability to escape side control and mount repeatedly, and true testicular fortitude when withstanding and escaping the subs. His loss sends as loud a message as GSP's win does to anyone eductaed in the sport. True he had nothing for GSP's TD's, but no one does with that explosion and timing. But his escape ability and KO ability is going to make him trouble for guys like Fitch, Kos, and anyone else.[/quote']

You just said Hardy was going to be a problem for Kos and Fitch!?!?!? Did you not just watch the same fight we all did?

You just said Hardy was going to be a problem for Kos and Fitch!?!?!? Did you not just watch the same fight we all did?

Neither Fitch or Kos has the technical wrestling or explosive TD and control ability of GSP. You of all people know that. I doubt either of them could get the TD as easily, and I especially doubt either of them could keep him down, since GSP himself couldn't each time he passed to mount or side control.

Yes I was watching the same fight, and manlove for GSP didn't stop me from seeing everything else going on beyond the TD and ground control from gaurd. Hardy is a dangerous dude. All it takes is one punch, and he would definitely have a better oppurtunity to throw that punch facing anyone else. He already has sub defense obviously, and if he brushes up on sub offense just a little his ground work is good enough to make him effective.

Archived