Fitch vs Saunders Confirmed

tuf1_

Well Thiago's camp is hoping a second opinion or further tests clear him for UFC112, which is only a couple weeks away. Maybe they match Ellenberger and Alves for that card. If he wants to make a name for himself, a win over Alves would sure do it. Also he was training for a Muay Thia guy in Saunders already.

Well Thiago's camp is hoping a second opinion or further tests clear him for UFC112' date=' which is only a couple weeks away. Maybe they match Ellenberger and Alves for that card.[/quote']

That would be a great fight no doubt, but Alves would be a bigger jump for Ellenberger. I think Ellenberger is gonna be a force, though.

Well Thiago's camp is hoping a second opinion or further tests clear him for UFC112' date=' which is only a couple weeks away. Maybe they match Ellenberger and Alves for that card.[/quote']

Too early for Ellenberger to face that type of competition. Saunders was the guy he should have fought, and pused the Fitch v Alves fight back. Though I do understand the chaos created on the spot decisions. Im in the military, I know all about chaotic times and on the spot decisions.

Well Thiago's camp is hoping a second opinion or further tests clear him for UFC112' date=' which is only a couple weeks away. Maybe they match Ellenberger and Alves for that card. If he wants to make a name for himself, a win over Alves would sure do it. Also he was training for a Muay Thia guy in Saunders already.[/quote']

It would be nice because he would be fighting a big name, but I think Alves would handle him I personally believe Alves is far more dangerous than Saunders, but Saunders has been very impressive.

The loss of Thiago as an opponent must be incredibly frustrating for Fitch as well. A convincing win over him would have made a title fight all but cemented. Now that Fitch is fighting Saunders, there's room to make arguments for other guys getting a shot. Not that im trying to take anything away from Saunders, I mean hey if he wins the fight, that'll certainly shake things up a bit in the title hunt at WW.

was thinking the same thing. It's not like Alves/GSP was all that competitive so he shouldn't get a #1 guy right now. Ellenberger makes much more sense.

As I think about this some more you can see that this is a huge opportunity for both Saunders and Ellenberger. Instead of facing each other they get to face two established big names. We could see a new crop of contenders in the following weeks.

was thinking the same thing. It's not like Alves/GSP was all that competitive so he shouldn't get a #1 guy right now. Ellenberger makes much more sense.

Agreed, and realistically, how many other competitive WW are there who would be willing to take this fight on such short notice... Oh wait, do I see Kos putting his hand up for the second time? Hahaha

Agreed' date=' and realistically, how many other competitive WW are there who would be willing to take this fight on such short notice... Oh wait, do I see Kos putting his hand up for the second time? Hahaha[/quote']

Any fight with those 4 (Fitch, Saunders, Ellenberger, Alves) is a good match up, and I am so glad that we aren't seeing a rematch of Fitch & Alves. Also I think Saunders deserves the step up in competition. Ellenberger is a huge prospect but Saunders has put in his time plus gone through TUF.

I'll be pulling for Killa B, he was my pick on TUF 6 to win, hope he cracks Fitch with a knee when Fitch dives for his feet.

The more I think about it the better I like a match up with Ellenberger and Alves at UFC112 if everything checks out with Thiagos head.

Stylistically, the Fitch vs Alves and Saunders vs Ellenberger are almost mirrors of each other, just the level of experience and perhaps skill is different. Both guys have been training to face a guy with the same skill set.

As I think about this some more you can see that this is a huge opportunity for both Saunders and Ellenberger. Instead of facing each other they get to face two established big names. We could see a new crop of contenders in the following weeks.

High Five. Good point.

Hard to make a case for Saunders. He went from getting KO'd by a now 0-2 Swick to being relegated to the undercard against Davis at 106 and now he's fighting for #1 contender?

If the Kos/Daley fight ends in KO or Fitch finishes Saunders than you'll see #1 contender IMO.

Nobody in the WW division besides GSP can beat Fitch, or has shown that they can. If Saunders comes in and finishes Fitch I think he makes a case for a title shot. Although there are so many great WW that might deserve a shot as well.

Winner of Paulo Thiago vs Kampmann..... if it's Paulo

Winner of Kos vs Daley... either guy would make a fun fight

Shields if we can get him soon enough, especially if he upsets Henderson.

I'm furious with this. Ellenberger would have been shot into the world of top contenders if he won but now he got screwed out of it. Ellenberger is one of my favorite fighters and hopefully he has a good fight next. He's going to be a force in the division. Also, Dana White said that if Saunders beats Fitch then he gets a title shot.

Nobody in the WW division besides GSP can beat Fitch' date=' or has shown that they can. If Saunders comes in and finishes Fitch I think he makes a case for a title shot. Although there are so many great WW that might deserve a shot as well.

Winner of Paulo Thiago vs Kampmann..... if it's Paulo

Winner of Kos vs Daley... either guy would make a fun fight

Shields if we can get him soon enough, especially if he upsets Henderson.[/quote']

I think Hughes, Serra, and Kos could probably beat Fitch, of course we'll never find out about the last one.

I'm furious with this. Ellenberger would have been shot into the world of top contenders if he won but now he got screwed out of it. Ellenberger is one of my favorite fighters and hopefully he has a good fight next. He's going to be a force in the division. Also' date=' Dana White said that if Saunders beats Fitch then he gets a title shot.[/quote']

This was me about ten minutes ago.

Now they are trying to get Alves cleared to fight at 112, and maybe against Ellenberger.

I think Hughes' date=' Serra, and Kos could probably beat Fitch, of course we'll never find out about the last one.[/quote']

You may be right there. I wouldn't mind seeing any of those fights. Actually how awesome would that have been if Serra stepped up and won. A rubber match with GSP in NY?

I want the high five back!

Sorry sir can't give it back. You don't think so? After the 2nd fight GSP said he was a man of his word and would give Serra another shot in NY because Serra fought GSP in Montreal.

Plus I would like to see GSP close the book on all his loses.

You may be right there. I wouldn't mind seeing any of those fights. Actually how awesome would that have been if Serra stepped up and won. A rubber match with GSP in NY?

haha, yes it would but there's no way Serra can make weight in 1 day and be in any kind of shape to fight Sat.

He probably just finished a chicken parm sub with extra cheese prior to hearing this news!

I thought I heard Serra is scheduled to fight Swick next, true?

I'd rather see Serra vs. Alves... winner gets re-match with GSP (yes in NY if Serra wins)

haha' date=' yes it would but there's no way Serra can make weight in 1 day and be in any kind of shape to fight Sat.

He probably just finished a chicken parm sub with extra cheese prior to hearing this news!

I thought I heard Serra is scheduled to fight Swick next, true?

I'd rather see Serra vs. Alves... winner gets re-match with GSP (yes in NY if Serra wins)[/quote']

Haha I laughed at this one. He did look a little out of shape in the Primetime episodes.

The loss of Thiago as an opponent must be incredibly frustrating for Fitch as well. A convincing win over him would have made a title fight all but cemented. Now that Fitch is fighting Saunders' date=' there's room to make arguments for other guys getting a shot. Not that im trying to take anything away from Saunders, I mean hey if he wins the fight, that'll certainly shake things up a bit in the title hunt at WW.[/quote']

Great post if you ask me.

Ya it really has to be frustrating for Fitch. A solid win over Alves confirms he is still #2 WW in the division and gives him 4 fight win streak and a pretty much given rematch with GSP. I think if he wins he still gets that shot.

That said, what would be worse is not fighting at all and watching as the winners of Daley/Kos and Kampmann vs Paulo take precedence.

This is also nice for Saunders. After KOing Davis he was supposed to get a higher ranked opponent and was lined up with Kampmann, who then pulled out and Ellenberger was the replacement. Now Saunders gets his higher ranked opponent and Fitch still gets to fight. Sucks for Ellenberger but if anyone was going to be pulled off the card, he's probably the best choice overall.

I think Hughes' date=' Serra, and Kos could probably beat Fitch, of course we'll never find out about the last one.[/quote']

I seriously doubt any of these 3 guys could beat Fitch, Fitch is a animal Serra wouldn't be able to do anything versus Fitch unless he catches him with a lucky punch. i have no idea what your thinking Hughes could do to beat Fitch? and for Kos i think he would loose to Fitch as well Fitch kills him in training videos and has more impressive victory's but they will never fight..

Archived