Sign in to follow this  
boxer55

Lw,ww,mw,lhw,hw

I got a question, where exactly do these guys stand in their division.

LW-Tyson Griffin,Joe Stevenson,Kurt Pellegrino and George Sotiropplous

WW-Martin Kampmann,Mike Swick,Paul Daley and Paulo Thiago

MW-W.Silva,Bisping, and Alan Belcher

LHW-Matt Hamill,Lil Nog,T.Silva and Brandon Vea also Rich Franklin

HW-Ben Rothwell,Stefan Struve,Todd Duffee and Mirko Cro Cop

I got a question' date=' where exactly do these guys stand in their division.

HW-Ben Rothwell,Stefan Struve,Todd Duffee and Mirko Cro Cop[/quote']

Hard to say because the UFC doesn't do an internal ranking system.

LW: I think Tyson and George are right up there near the top.

WW: Kampmann has had some problems of late. I'd say middle of the pack.

Daley and Paulo are right near the top and prob would be in contention for a title shot with one more win each.

MW: those guys are prob all pretty similar in their rankings. I would put Wanderlei above both atm, but Belcher is awesome. All three guys have been up and down.

LHW: Lil nog just burst onto the scene and with a win over Forrest will be facing top 5 guys most likely. Rich Franklin needs to get his feet wet at LHW but I think he will do well. Hammill and Vera are barely hanging on right now. T Silva is still ranked pretty high I think. He's a beast and I think he will make another run.

HW: Duffee and Cro Cop are on their way up I think. Rothwell needs to prove himself in the UFC still. Bad performance agaisnt Cain, but we see now that Cain is the real deal. Todd Duffee is an exciting prospect. Needs to work his way up. Struve is still pretty young but I think he will be dangerous as he get's more experience. The Nelson fight should be interesting.

Hope this helps. Just my feelings on each guys' place.

Griffin and Sotiropoulos are 'contenders' (in a division NOT ruled by BJ Penn), while the other two are gatekeepers.

Paulo Thiago is the only real contender out of that batch of WW's. The rest are around for excitement.

Belcher shows a lot of potential. Wanderlei is always a fan-friendly fighter, and Bisping is struggling to find his spot. Regardless, this division also has a dominant champion.

Hamill is a test for the up-and-comers, while Vera looks like he's destined to be a gatekeeper to the top of the division. Rogerio and Silva are definitely contenders in a very tight division. Rich Franklin seems to be struggling to find his place. Given that he's also mid-30's now, he might just be around for exciting fights.

Struve seems to be the only guy with a future in the HW division. Considering he's still so young, he's got a few years of adding some mass to that gargantuan body of his.

Griffin and Sotiropoulos are 'contenders' (in a division NOT ruled by BJ Penn)' date=' while the other two are gatekeepers.

Paulo Thiago is the only real contender out of that batch of WW's. The rest are around for excitement.

Belcher shows a lot of potential. Wanderlei is always a fan-friendly fighter, and Bisping is struggling to find his spot. Regardless, this division also has a dominant champion.

Hamill is a test for the up-and-comers, while Vera looks like he's destined to be a gatekeeper to the top of the division. Rogerio and Silva are definitely contenders in a very tight division. Rich Franklin seems to be struggling to find his place. Given that he's also mid-30's now, he might just be around for exciting fights.

Struve seems to be the only guy with a future in the HW division. Considering he's still so young, he's got a few years of adding some mass to that gargantuan body of his.[/quote']

I think everyone will agree that b.j has and will rule that division for a long time.. and at WW,daley will def be a top contender... at HW todd duffee is def one to look at coz hes a beast

I think everyone will agree that b.j has and will rule that division for a long time.. and at WW' date='daley will def be a top contender... at HW todd duffee is def one to look at coz hes a beast[/quote']

Daley has got NEGATIVE ground skills. He will be exposed as long as Koscheck fights smart.

And what's with all the Todd Duffee hype?

Daley has got NEGATIVE ground skills. He will be exposed as long as Koscheck fights smart.

Duffee got a 7 sec KO

Well you dont really know he has got negative ground skills..Yes he did get submitted by jake shields but that was nearly 2 years ago and so it probably has improved.. Not saying he is going to destroy koscheck because he is excellent

imo

LW

tyson is prob ranked 5 and g-sot 6. joe prob outta the top ten at 11 and batman about 15

WW

kampmann is about an 8 swick maybe 10 daley 6 and paulo 5

MW

wandy is in the bottom five with bisping and belcher right behind

LHW

hamill vera and franklin are outta the top ten in the 11-18 range and lil nog 6 thiago 7

HW

i dont think any are in the top ten but all in the 11-18 range .

hope this helps i didnt really want to list a top 20 for each division.