ricky hatton

H_DOG

Just reading news about Hatton and people are saying he should retire because he has lost 2 fights to unquestionably the best in his weight range. And he is only 31.

Imagine if that kinda stuff happened in MMA

wouldnt be much good

Any thoughts?

31 is pretty old for boxing.

Depending on the weight division you're in

For Strawieght to Lightweight, 31 is already old.

For JR. Welterweight - Jr. Middleweight, 31 is still a figthing age, Pacquiao is 31, Mosley is 35

For Jr Middleweight - Light HW, 31 is very much fighting age. Margarito is 37, Hopkins is 46

For HW, 31 is just the start age for their dominance, The current HW champ Wladimir is 37

Depending on the weight division you're in

For Strawieght to Lightweight' date=' 31 is already old.

For JR. Welterweight - Jr. Middleweight, 31 is still a figthing age, Pacquiao is 31, Mosley is 35

For Jr Middleweight - Light HW, 31 is very much fighting age. Margarito is 37, Hopkins is 46

For HW, 31 is just the start age for their dominance, The current HW champ Wladimir is 37[/quote']

I would say it depends more on the type of fighter.

Hatton has a pretty brutal style of fighting. Hard to see him lasting very much longer. Guys like him cannot afford to lose a step.

He was a great one and still is. I wouldn;t want to see him stay too late at the party.

Alright guys hope your all well.

Spot on UFCC you're definitely not wrong Sir, it's a shame but it is time to call it a day now, must be. I/we were saying the same thing way before the Pacman bout, but tbh I was glad he carried on. Like I say it's a bloody shame this though man, cause he's my favorite Boxer, once he goes, Calzaghe gone, there's no one else that stands head and shoulders over the rest......... ok maybe Pacman. But this WILL be the last nail to kill Boxing imho, thank funk for MMA.

Cheers for the heads up on at Raffy, never really thought of it like that come to think of it. I do know what you mean, but everybody is different from the next, to the next. However, all that stuff you say make's much more sense. Mr Hatton's given me some very fund members over the past! especially the Hatton vs Kostazu night, that's still the best bout (in my life time) that's had me right over the moon, proper buzzin' even from any of UFC bouts......

*puts tin hat on, dives into a safe spot*

...is it safe to come out yet?

Anyways, He's earn't maga maga dosh - and he's one of the all time greats. Enjoy you're retirement Ricky and Chill the fck out on the pies and drink mate ;-) Top Man !

Time for MMA Live on ESPN !

Alright guys hope your all well.

Spot on UFCC you're definitely not wrong Sir' date=' it's a shame but it is time to call it a day now, must be. I/we were saying the same thing way before the Pacman bout, but tbh I was glad he carried on. Like I say it's a bloody shame this though man, cause he's my favorite Boxer, once he goes, Calzaghe gone, there's no one else that stands head and shoulders over the rest......... ok maybe Pacman. But this WILL be the last nail to kill Boxing imho, thank funk for MMA.

Cheers for the heads up on at Raffy, never really thought of it like that come to think of it. I do know what you mean, but everybody is different from the next, to the next. However, all that stuff you say make's much more sense. Mr Hatton's given me some very fund members over the past! especially the Hatton vs Kostazu night, that's still the best bout (in my life time) that's had me right over the moon, proper buzzin' even from any of UFC bouts......

*puts tin hat on, dives into a safe spot*

...is it safe to come out yet?

Anyways, He's earn't maga maga dosh - and he's one of the all time greats. Enjoy you're retirement Ricky and Chill the fck out on the pies and drink mate ;-) Top Man !

Time for MMA Live on ESPN ![/quote']

They've been predicting the death of boxing for about 100 years now, but someone new always comes along.

At the moment Gamboa looks to be a world beater.

He's about as good a fighter as you;ll ever want to see.

Hats off to Ricky Hatton too. He has had a hell of a run.

Archived