UFC showing too many events

KungFuMaster

The ufc roster has gotten bigger and the events are pouring in way too fast. I know this may sound a bit crazy and rightfully so, but let me explain.

One would think die-hard fans would be jumping for joy with all these fights coming in close proximity of each other, but actually it does the opposite. After an event, most die-hard fans need time to cope with an unexpected loss, bad refing and or judging. You can't just go straight to another event and enjoy the fights when you have not recovered from the last event. There should be a grace period in between, allowing the fans to digest what just happened.

It is like being in a fight with your spouse or girlfriend. If the problem does not get resolve, and more and more fights occur, the tension would build beyond repairable. That is why there are so many break ups and divorces. People need to understand this and deal with the issue right away, resolving it before engaging in another fight or PPV.

Have you ever wonder why the forum gets flooded right after a PPV? These fans have no idea how to cope with the outcome and have resorted to this method of flooding the forums to release all their angers. Although releasing anger has proven somewhat to be helpful, it will not resolve the issue. Fans need time to accept the outcome and recover from such events.

As a prime example, the Shogun and Machida fight that was held in October of 2009 is still being talked about today. Many Shogun fans are still bitter about the decision and are still coping with the loss even til this day. How many months has it been? It has been over 4 months now, and many fans are still very touchy about the outcome.

We, as fans, need more time to cope with the outcome of an event. Too many PPV's in close proximity will ultimately cause us to become destructive and dis-functional. Soon, it will affect our personal lives, work ethics, relationships and personal well-being.

The ufc roster has gotten bigger and the events are pouring in way too fast. I know this may sound a bit crazy and rightfully so' date=' but let me explain.

One would think die-hard fans would be jumping for joy with all these fights coming in close proximity of each other, but actually it does the opposite. After an event, most die-hard fans need time to cope with an unexpected loss, bad refing and or judging. You can't just go straight to another event and enjoy the fights when you have not recover from the last event. There should be a grace period in between, allowing the fans to digest what just happened.

It is like being in a fight with your spouse or girlfriend. If the problem does not get resolve, and more and more fights occur, the tension would build beyond repairable. That is why there are so many break ups and divorces. People need to understand this and deal with the issue right away, resolving it before engaging in another fight or PPV.

Have you ever wonder why the forum gets flooded right after a PPV? These fans have no idea how to cope with the outcome and have resorted to this method of flooding the forums to release all their angers. Although releasing anger has proven somewhat to be helpful, it will not resolve the issue. Fans need time to accept the outcome and recover from such events.

As a prime example, the Shogun and Machida fight that was held in October of 2009 is still being talked about today. Many Shogun fans are still bitter about the decision and are still coping with the loss even til this day. How many months have that been? It has been over 4 months now, and many fans are still very touchy about the outcome.

We, as fans, need more time to cope with the outcome of an event. Too many PPV's in close proximity will ultimately cause us to become destructive and dis-functional. Soon, it will affect our personal lives, work ethics, relationships and personal well-being.[/quote']

I like more events but more of them should be free because I agree with your too many ppv's comment...

The ufc roster has gotten bigger and the events are pouring in way too fast. I know this may sound a bit crazy and rightfully so' date=' but let me explain.

One would think die-hard fans would be jumping for joy with all these fights coming in close proximity of each other, but actually it does the opposite. After an event, most die-hard fans need time to cope with an unexpected loss, bad refing and or judging. You can't just go straight to another event and enjoy the fights when you have not recover from the last event. There should be a grace period in between, allowing the fans to digest what just happened.

As a prime example, the Shogun and Machida fight that was held in October of 2009 is still being talked about today. Many Shogun fans are still bitter about the decision and are still coping with the loss even til this day. How many months have that been? It has been over 4 months now, and many fans are still very touchy about the outcome.

We, as fans, need more time to cope with the outcome of an event. Too many PPV's in close proximity will ultimately cause us to become destructive and dis-functional. Soon, it will affect our personal lives, work ethics, relationships and personal well-being.[/quote']

Interesting take, but ultimately i disagree. As MMA, more specifically, UFC, becomes more popular over the world, more and more talent is going to emerge. As the talent pool becomes bigger, the timeframe between UFC events should shorten. Otherwise, there will be wasted talent not getting displayed for us, as it would be impossible to showcase everyone in the usual 4-5 UFC events a year. If you notice, the time frame between one fighters events are the same now as they were 3 years ago, anywhere between 4-6 months for an active fighter. This has not changed. So its not that fighters are fighting more frequently, its that there are just way more high quality fighters. To use your example about shogun vs machida, there would still be the same amount of time to debate this fight 3 years ago as there is today. Rematches generally get pushed a little faster than normal matches because I believe people are interested in closure. Remember the Arlovski/Silvia rematch was only 3 month wait. (original date - April 15, 2006, rematch - July 8, 2006)

I see what your getting at but on the other hand its great to get some questions answered. The last stretch from Cain vs Nog to Mir Carwin in two days really gives some long awaited sanity to the HW division. Who are the contender and who are the pretenders.

Starting on Sat through UFC113 does the same for the WW division. Its been a long streach the last 6 months or so with the big names and contenders not fighting due to injuries.

I' date=' for one, will need much time to cope if Mir should lose this fight. I may be out for a while. I get very emotional and I certainly do not want my fellow members to be at the tail end of my bitterness.[/quote']

How much time do you need to cope with someone else's loss? Seems like Mir would need that time to recoup. If Mir loses, I imagine it would be 4 to 6 months before you saw him again.

u do got a pretty good point.. but i dont think you can ever have to many fights.. especially with all the big names we got hitten the cards.. dana and joe silva kickin some **** and taken dem names

Who cares if the forum gets flooded.

If you are still upset over Machida/Rua, then bud u need a life.

Its great that we get so many cards, im a fight fan and i want to see as much fights as possible. Bollo&ks if other people cant digest a fights outcome.

Having many events is great but the consequences are far too great to ignore. Imagine all the MMA fans of the world having an emotional break down. We come from all walks of life. There are MMA fans who are teachers, production workers, assembly line workers, lab technicians, nurses, fast food employees, sales reps etc..If we all had a mental break down at the same time, the world would cease to function and the market would take another hit, sending our economy into oblivion. This will have a dominal effect and every country in the world will suffer. And research will soon uncover that it was MMA fans watching too many events which led to poor work ethics, which caused the economy to shatter. And as a result, MMA will be forbidden or limited to one or two events a year.

If you truly love MMA, you should stand with me to protect the longivity of the sport.

Having many events is great but the consequences are far too great to ignore. Imagine all the MMA fans of the world having an emotional break down. We come from all walks of life. There are MMA fans who are teachers' date=' production workers, assembly line workers, lab technicians, nurses, fast food employees, sales reps etc..If we all had a mental break down at the same time, the world would cease to function and the market would take another hit, sending our economy into oblivion. This will have a dominal effect and every country in the world will suffer. And research will soon uncover that it was MMA fans watching too many events which led to poor work ethics, which caused the economy to shatter. And as a result, MMA will be forbidden or limited to one or two events a year.

If you truly love MMA, you should stand with me to protect the longivity of the sport.[/quote']

At your first thread I could acknowledge some points, although I didn't agree. Now I think you just forgot your meds.

if this is an attempt at an ArcaneKnight type troll thread' date=' than i must salute you as this was ridiculously funny to read haha

[/b']

if on the other hand you were serious.... :eek:

Yes...I too think its an AK type troll post...Although not really trolling....But no one in there right mind who says they are a die hard fan would want less UFC. Fans don't need to cope with losses. I can understand Football or American Football or Baseball or Hockey...but not fighting. KungFu is playin you guys...thats my story and im stickin to it.

if this is an attempt at an ArcaneKnight type troll thread' date=' than i must salute you as this was ridiculously funny to read haha

if on the other hand you were serious.... :eek:[/quote']

This is not an attempt. All of my threads, as ridiculous as it may seem, gives life-long lessons and valuable information for the reader who reads between the lines.

Archived