Ben Saunders Interview on The Rear Naked Choke Show

TapUout1

So Ben was on the show Tuesday when we film but he was still scheduled to fight Jake at that time. I for one am REALLY looking forward to this new fight with Fitch, this is a huge fight for Ben and has all upside where Jake had a lot of downside obviously not having the same name as Fitch so while i'm bummed for the Alves/Fitch fight being scrapped and i wish Alves all the best and a speedy recovery the fight rearrangment is a good thing for Ben Saunders.

Tap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnvY678ZANs

too bad it was before his opponent change' date=' watching it anyway[/quote']

I know i was posting it right now cuz it just finished processing and saw the Alves/Fitch/Ben news. Gives me a good reason to have him back for a follow up LOL

Nice catch for the show Tap! Keep up the good work.

Also pullin for Killa B.

Thanks and i agree i'm a fan of his and was bummed when he lost to Swick but this could make up for it in a big way IMO

Yeah I really like Fitch and like seeing him win....but I also really like Killa B....I will prolly go with the underdog in this one...Killa B!!!!!

I like Fitch too but i think Ben's a beast at 170 and Fitch already got his title shot and i dont know if a second chance would be much different so i'd prefer to see Daley, Ben, and Kampmann all get shots

I do not like Nikki's shirt.

LMAO, there's reason for everything and you'll see why she didnt wear it, and she bought that green tapout shirt for st pattys day week episode but i cancelled cuz of my hawaii trip, got back way too late tuesday LOL ur funny G

I do not like Nikki's shirt.

Good things come to those who wait :-)

LMAO' date=' there's reason for everything and you'll see why she didnt wear it, and she bought that green tapout shirt for st pattys day week episode but i cancelled cuz of my hawaii trip, got back way too late tuesday LOL ur funny G[/quote']

Correct! I can't wait until next week

Thanks for watching! Do you think Ben has a shot against Fitch?

yes i do accually i think as long as he can keep the fight standing hes got one hell of a shot

mind you i dont know much about his ground game do you?

i think if he gets the clinch it will be a bad night for Fitch but i see it more than likely Fitch being able to take it to the ground so hopefully he is good off his back and will surprise fitch with a random submission

but hell i like Fitch but im rooting for Saunders

yes i do accually i think as long as he can keep the fight standing hes got one hell of a shot

mind you i dont know much about his ground game do you?

i think if he gets the clinch it will be a bad night for Fitch but i see it more than likely Fitch being able to take it to the ground so hopefully he is good off his back and will surprise fitch with a random submission

but hell i like Fitch but im rooting for Saunders

cool cuz so am i, bens a cool dude and we actuall talked for a while. he was telling me how his bjj is a brown belt and that he's comfortable down there cuz we were discussing Jakes wrestling base, granted fitch's wrestling is on a different level. i agree with you that he really needs to keep the fight standing and stuff takedowns, wear fitch down goin for takedowns and use his clinch at that point on a tired fitch. would you give him next title shot if he won by ko/tko/sub or give it to Daley?

cool cuz so am i' date=' bens a cool dude and we actuall talked for a while. he was telling me how his bjj is a brown belt and that he's comfortable down there cuz we were discussing Jakes wrestling base, granted fitch's wrestling is on a different level. i agree with you that he really needs to keep the fight standing and stuff takedowns, wear fitch down goin for takedowns and use his clinch at that point on a tired fitch. would you give him next title shot if he won by ko/tko/sub or give it to Daley?[/quote']

Hmmm i dont know about a title shot i would have thought 1 more fight before that

that is if he wins (Hopefulyl so)

but i like the sound of a Saunders Daley match up but i think i personally would be rooting for Daley as i have followed him for a while now

what do you think Tap?

Hmmm i dont know about a title shot i would have thought 1 more fight before that

that is if he wins (Hopefulyl so)

but i like the sound of a Saunders Daley match up but i think i personally would be rooting for Daley as i have followed him for a while now

what do you think Tap?

I read something about a TMZ reporting that if Ben wins he's gettin the next shot and i was surprised that Daley wasnt but it makes sense in a way since Fitch is def ranked 2 or 3 in the div behind or ahead of Alves. UFC is smart and knows that unless its Shogun that we dont really want to see rematches so they'd jump at the chance of putting someone against GSP that GSP hasnt beat before AND has a big name under his belt like Fitch would be for Ben. If Hardy somehow wins then that obviously changes the whole landscape of things and opens up all kinds of options

I read something about a TMZ reporting that if Ben wins he's gettin the next shot and i was surprised that Daley wasnt but it makes sense in a way since Fitch is def ranked 2 or 3 in the div behind or ahead of Alves. UFC is smart and knows that unless its Shogun that we dont really want to see rematches so they'd jump at the chance of putting someone against GSP that GSP hasnt beat before AND has a big name under his belt like Fitch would be for Ben. If Hardy somehow wins then that obviously changes the whole landscape of things and opens up all kinds of options

yeah i do see it happening like

a win for saunders tommorow night will be a massive feather in his cap especially if he does it in devestating fashion which would be good to see

but the UFC have been reporting something and then taking it back for more promising match ups to line their pockets so say if Daley destroys Kos he might jump ahead of Saunders but id really like to see a saunders daley match up i think it would be interesting.

accually is Daley fighting KOS????

cant remember if Kos pulled out

but yeah it could very well be Saunders up next but if Fitch wins he really should get the title shot!

what do you think?

yeah i do see it happening like

a win for saunders tommorow night will be a massive feather in his cap especially if he does it in devestating fashion which would be good to see

but the UFC have been reporting something and then taking it back for more promising match ups to line their pockets so say if Daley destroys Kos he might jump ahead of Saunders but id really like to see a saunders daley match up i think it would be interesting.

accually is Daley fighting KOS????

cant remember if Kos pulled out

but yeah it could very well be Saunders up next but if Fitch wins he really should get the title shot!

what do you think?

I think it would be based on what Fitch does in this fight. I think the UFC knows that the fans would be less than thrilled to shell out ppv money to watch GSP destroy Fitch again so he'd have to do something amazing tomm nite to change our view on that rematch, agree?

I think it would be based on what Fitch does in this fight. I think the UFC knows that the fans would be less than thrilled to shell out ppv money to watch GSP destroy Fitch again so he'd have to do something amazing tomm nite to change our view on that rematch' date=' agree?[/quote']

yeah i do but accually i think perhaps Paulo Thiago will get the shot after Saunders how do you feel about Thiagos chances ???

yeah i do but accually i think perhaps Paulo Thiago will get the shot after Saunders how do you feel about Thiagos chances ???

Paulo probably makes more sense than anybody if he can get one more solid win, good call, his only loss is to Fitch by dec, but i dont think he's scheduled to fight anyone at the moment, i'd probably give him Alves but i think Ellenberger has been promised that fight, you like the Alves/Paulo match?

Paulo probably makes more sense than anybody if he can get one more solid win' date=' good call, his only loss is to Fitch by dec, but i dont think he's scheduled to fight anyone at the moment, i'd probably give him Alves but i think Ellenberger has been promised that fight, you like the Alves/Paulo match?[/quote']

yeah i think it would be a good fight

very close and at the rate Paulo is improving we could very well see him be the man to beat GSP

every fight he fights he has always improved everything

so i think Paulo GSP would make sence

but to gert him the shot i think Alves would be a good challenge

i think it would be a stand up war but maybe Paulo taking it to the ground and maybe Subbing Alves but i would love to see that fight

yeah i think it would be a good fight

very close and at the rate Paulo is improving we could very well see him be the man to beat GSP

every fight he fights he has always improved everything

so i think Paulo GSP would make sence

but to gert him the shot i think Alves would be a good challenge

i think it would be a stand up war but maybe Paulo taking it to the ground and maybe Subbing Alves but i would love to see that fight

Yeah i think him and Alves would be a great fight too.

Paulo probably makes more sense than anybody if he can get one more solid win' date=' good call, his only loss is to Fitch by dec, but i dont think he's scheduled to fight anyone at the moment, i'd probably give him Alves but i think Ellenberger has been promised that fight, you like the Alves/Paulo match?[/quote']

Rumor has it Paulo Thiago will fight Martin Kampmann at UFC115. That event was in jeopardy due to some issues with Van city council but it was passes yesterday in a 4-3 vote and has conditional approval now.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Athletic+commission+gives+conditional+approval+event/2724173/story.html

With that out of the way I'm hoping some of the rumored fights now get officially signed.

Rumor has it Paulo Thiago will fight Martin Kampmann at UFC115. That event was in jeopardy due to some issues with Van city council but it was passes yesterday in a 4-3 vote and has conditional approval now.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Athletic+commission+gives+conditional+approval+event/2724173/story.html

With that out of the way I'm hoping some of the rumored fights now get officially signed.

That is 100% in the rumor mill right now and thats an awesome fight as well, Kampmanns cut pushes back his title shot but he's still young.

Another good show Tap & Nikki. Great scoop getting Ben on the show, he comes across as I expected, just pretty chilled out.

He has that fantastic trait that Dana always harps on about on TUF: he will fight anyone anytime. He took the Ellenbeger fight on short notice and now has Fitch. I am now a Saunders fan!

Another good show Tap & Nikki. Great scoop getting Ben on the show' date=' he comes across as I expected, just pretty chilled out.

He has that fantastic trait that Dana always harps on about on TUF: he will fight anyone anytime. He took the Ellenbeger fight on short notice and now has Fitch. I am now a Saunders fan![/quote']

thanks man and i agree he's def a fighter, any time any place anybody. War Ben!

thanks man and i agree he's def a fighter' date=' any time any place anybody. War Ben![/quote']

It's a shame Saunders hasn't had a full training camp dedicated to a Fitch gameplan, but I guess Fitch has the same situation so who knows how it will go down.

One things for sure though, the WW division has quite a few rising stars. :)

I really want Versus back on Dish Network, but the dropped it as a free show, and now you have to pay extra to subscribe. Otherwise you can bet I would be watching it and adding to the numbers. I think that is really the only reason why their numbers are lower, as Nikki said, not everyone has it, and they just came back on direct tv.

Nikki should be the next octogaon Girl.

I really want Versus back on Dish Network' date=' but the dropped it as a free show, and now you have to pay extra to subscribe. Otherwise you can bet I would be watching it and adding to the numbers. I think that is really the only reason why their numbers are lower, as Nikki said, not everyone has it, and they just came back on direct tv.

Nikki should be the next octogaon Girl.[/quote']

I agree, Nikki for Ring Girl!

I agree' date=' Nikki for Ring Girl![/quote']

Please? :-) That would be awesome.

I really want Versus back on Dish Network' date=' but the dropped it as a free show, and now you have to pay extra to subscribe. Otherwise you can bet I would be watching it and adding to the numbers. [b'] I think that is really the only reason why their numbers are lower, as Nikki said, not everyone has it, and they just came back on direct tv.[/b]

Nikki should be the next octogaon Girl.

That's a major issue. When people have 800+ channels, half the time they don't know what their cable lineup is. Versus was always an iffy station.

and +5 Octagon girl!

At your house.

Where are ya? I made a huge dinner and you never showed! Tsk Tsk!

paul thiago is fighting martin kampmann ufc 115 http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2010/03/09/paulo-thiago-vs-martin-kampmann-set-for-ufc-115/

Archived