hardy's first title defence

jduk

just for arguments sake, say that hardy beats gsp. who would get the first shot?

if daley beats koscheck, hardy and daley wont fight. if saunders beats fitch, he still hasnt really done enough to earn a shot. theres no other top contenders that spring to mind in the division as it stands.

Duh, GSP gets an immediate rematch. Not hard to figure out.

The only way Hardy wins is a solid punch victory that will be viewed as a fluke shot. The only way to add credibility to the title would be to defend it against GSP and prove it wasn't a fluke victory.

just for arguments sake' date=' say that hardy beats gsp. who would get the first shot?

if daley beats koscheck, hardy and daley wont fight. if saunders beats fitch, he still hasnt really done enough to earn a shot. theres no other top contenders that spring to mind in the division as it stands.[/quote']

We can not play pretend here. If any person really is honest Hardy doe snot have a good chance of pulling this off. I agree that anything could happen, but Hardy does not have an advantage in the stand-up or on the ground.

128983818476393037.jpg

Duh' date=' GSP gets an immediate rematch. Not hard to figure out.

The only way Hardy wins is a solid punch victory that will be viewed as a fluke shot. The only way to add credibility to the title would be to defend it against GSP and prove it wasn't a fluke victory.[/quote']

No such thing as a fluke shot my friend - if you get caught then you get caught simple as that!

We can not play pretend here. If any person really is honest Hardy doe snot have a good chance of pulling this off. I agree that anything could happen' date=' but Hardy does not have an advantage in the stand-up or on the ground.[/quote']

Hardy is superior standing no doubt about it.

No such thing as a fluke shot my friend - if you get caught then you get caught simple as that!

I don't disagree, but the bottom line is. IT WILL BE VIEWED AS A FLUKE VICTORY! No matter how legit the victory is , it will still be considered fluke. Matt Sera was considered a fluke, and Hardy doesn't honestly have any more of a shot at winning than Sera did.

He will have to immediately prove it wasn't just a lucky shot. Same as Sera did. Accept the truth and move along.

The only was GSP doesn't get an immediate rematch is if he gets hurt training for the rematch.

Why, if Hardy managed to beat GSP, would he deserve an immediate rematch?

Surely he should have to work his way up like anyone else.

If Hardy knocks him out, or TKO's him surely that's what he's been training to do.

So if he does do it, it wont be close like Machida/ Shougun.

And it won't be luck.

BWAAAAAH AHAH AH AH AH AAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHHA!!!!!

*Ghasp*

You really think MMMMHP, Honestly think pffffffft, BWAAAAAH AH AHA HAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA.

Serious??? HRMMMPH HA HAHAH!

Gotta go, my abs are cramping from laughing so hard.

I don't disagree' date=' but the bottom line is. IT WILL BE VIEWED AS A FLUKE VICTORY! No matter how legit the victory is , it will still be considered fluke. Matt Sera was considered a fluke, and Hardy doesn't honestly have any more of a shot at winning than Sera did.

He will have to immediately prove it wasn't just a lucky shot. Same as Sera did. Accept the truth and move along.

The only was GSP doesn't get an immediate rematch is if he gets hurt training for the rematch.[/quote']

Personally I think if he wins then GSP's next fight will come at middleweight but if Hardy pulls off the upset then he'll probably want some revenge before stepping up.

How do you form that opinion? Are you saying that Hardy is better than BJ Penn in that department? As I remember GSP did very well in the stand up with BJ. So yes I have doubts about Hardy being superior to GSP in the stand-up.:rolleyes:

Why' date=' if Hardy managed to beat GSP, would he deserve an immediate rematch?

Surely he should have to work his way up like anyone else.

If Hardy knocks him out, or TKO's him surely that's what he's been training to do.

So if he does do it, it wont be close like Machida/ Shougun.

And it won't be luck.[/quote']

this fight will not go five rounds unless gsp wants to grind out a slow boring decision to make sure he wins. there will be some kind of conclusive finish. i wish people would stop saying hardy doesnt have a shot. its a fight, anything could happen, the odds are 50:50. its about who wants it more and who has the better executed gameplan

BWAAAAAH AHAH AH AH AH AAHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHHA!!!!!

*Ghasp*

You really think MMMMHP' date=' Honestly think pffffffft, BWAAAAAH AH AHA HAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA.

Serious??? HRMMMPH HA HAHAH!

Gotta go, my abs are cramping from laughing so hard.[/quote']

+1

MAybe if he's flipping burgers or shooting pool. But if its MMA Hardy is in no way superior.

That is just hype.

That is common knowledge. Anyone that has seen GSP's stand-up would know this. YOu are correct, it is just hype.

Oh how short the memory of the average MMA fan. GSP has lost to stand up ONCE! A 1 punch KO by Matt Serra that proved to be that lucky shot "The sun shines on a dogs butt every now and then". Then turned right around and got demolished by GSP. But I have yet to see ANYONE out strike GSP except for the punch heard round the world fluke win.

Hardy doesn't have the skill set to consistently beat GSP, GSP is better EVERYWHERE. Only way Hardy can win is to pray for the bomb. In 100 matches against each other, GSP would win well over 80%.

Let's not be delusional.

Pretty sure GSP doesnt share the same views' date=' he'll be taking it to the ground asap[/quote']

Why wouldn't he take it to the ground? Is there something wrong in using the ground game to win a match? I am getting the impression you know Hardy does not stand a chance on teh ground, so you get upset and say GSP needs to stand with Hardy or it isn't fair:rolleyes:

How do you form that opinion? Are you saying that Hardy is better than BJ Penn in that department? As I remember GSP did very well in the stand up with BJ. So yes I have doubts about Hardy being superior to GSP in the stand-up.:rolleyes:

Yeah BJ has pretty awesome stand up but Hardy does too and has more strength and power in his shots than BJ does.

If hardy does pull out this win, I don't see GSP getting an immediate rematch.

When he lost to serra he had to go through Kos and Hughes on his path back to the title shot.

It looks like an immediate rematch because Serra was injured and couldn't defend it until GSP had worked himself back to the #1 contender slot.

The challenger is only given a rematch if the decision is controversial and the only time I have seen that is with Shogun.

People have said that Hardy and Daley are not opposed to fighting each other. Although a koscheck fight would be money.

Yeah BJ has pretty awesome stand up but Hardy does too and has more strength and power in his shots than BJ does.

I agree he hits a little harder, but he hits no harder than Thiago, so what now? I am pretty sure GSP can take a punch.

If hardy does pull out this win' date=' I don't see GSP getting an immediate rematch.

When he lost to serra he had to go through Kos and Hughes on his path back to the title shot.

It looks like an immediate rematch because Serra was injured and couldn't defend it until GSP had worked himself back to the #1 contender slot.

The challenger is only given a rematch if the decision is controversial and the only time I have seen that is with Shogun.

People have said that Hardy and Daley are not opposed to fighting each other. Although a koscheck fight would be money.[/quote']

Someone sensible on here finally, the nuthugging was getting unbearable.

Why wouldn't he take it to the ground? Is there something wrong in using the ground game to win a match? I am getting the impression you know Hardy does not stand a chance on teh ground' date=' so you get upset and say GSP needs to stand with Hardy or it isn't fair:rolleyes:[/quote']

If your gonna have a dig then please read what Im saying first, I love watching a good ground fight as much as anybody never said anything about that. But GSP knows that Hardy has the better stand up and the way for him to win the fight is on the ground where I'm sure he will dominate.

I agree he hits a little harder' date=' but he hits no harder than Thiago, so what now? I am pretty sure GSP can take a punch.[/quote']

Come, everyone knows Alves fought like crap that fight.

Alves imo is better than Hardy, but its the confidence difference in the two that might cause an upset.

Hardy isn't one bit scared of GSP imo, and I think GSP knows it.

That is common knowledge. Anyone that has seen GSP's stand-up would know this. YOu are correct' date=' it is just hype.[/quote']

It has become common knowledge since the fight was announced because they have to come up with SOMETHING.

GSP would destroy Hardy just as easily and completely at kick boxing as he will at MMA.

In fact he may well just do that.

Hardy is an "opponent".

But GSP knows that Hardy has the better stand up and the way for him to win the fight is on the ground where I'm sure he will dominate.

Just don't be surprised if GSP picks Hardy apart standing, get's bored then takes him down and mauls him into submission.

I'm just saying. Hardy may land that power punch. But his stand up is NOT higher level than GSPs. Maybe better one punch power is better, but overall better? It's not even close.

If your gonna have a dig then please read what Im saying first' date=' I love watching a good ground fight as much as anybody never said anything about that. But GSP knows that Hardy has the better stand up and the way for him to win the fight is on the ground where I'm sure he will dominate.[/quote']

GSP has never stated he believes Hardy has the better stand-up. All fights start standing and he will bang with Hardy, then he will GNP his face for a while. What is wrong with saying, he why should I stand and bang with him when there is a possiaility that I could get caught, so i will unleash the beast on him and take him down and wear him out with shots to the face and take his will?

Come' date=' everyone knows Alves fought like crap that fight.

Alves imo is better than Hardy, but its the confidence difference in the two that might cause an upset.

Hardy isn't one bit scared of GSP imo, and I think GSP knows it.[/quote']

Words are cheap, Hardy can verbally say he is not scared of GSP, until his back hits the mat and he knows he will not be able to get back up as GSP hits him over and over and he is helpless because GSP is to strong and his wrestling skills are off the charts. That may cause a little fear then, you think?

Just because someone is not afraid doesn't make a difference in the outcome of the match. I am sure many have wen't inot battle unafraid and yet got demolished:rolleyes:

Words are cheap' date=' Hardy can verbally say he is not scared of GSP, until his back hits the mat and he knows he will not be able to get back up as GSP hits him over and over and he is helpless because GSP is to strong and his wrestling skills are off the charts. That may cause a little fear then, you think?

Just because someone is not afraid doesn't make a difference in the outcome of the match. I am sure many have wen't inot battle unafraid and yet got demolished:rolleyes:[/quote']

Ultimately it doesnt mean there is going to be a difference in the outcome of the fight but at least it means he's going to go in and try to win the fight rather than just survive.

It has become common knowledge since the fight was announced because they have to come up with SOMETHING.

GSP would destroy Hardy just as easily and completely at kick boxing as he will at MMA.

In fact he may well just do that.

Hardy is an "opponent".

I know GSP can stand with anyone in that division. Hardy will find out tommorrow.

Ultimately it doesnt mean there is going to be a difference in the outcome of the fight but at least it means he's going to go in and try to win the fight rather than just survive.

I would hope so, Even when putting his best effort forward it still will not be enough for him. Poor Hardy, the heart of a lion, but just happens to be facing GSP.

just for arguments sake' date=' say that hardy beats gsp. who would get the first shot?

if daley beats koscheck, hardy and daley wont fight. if saunders beats fitch, he still hasnt really done enough to earn a shot. theres no other top contenders that spring to mind in the division as it stands.[/quote']

UFC only give immediate rematches if theres controversy, i.e. Machida Shogun, Couture Belfort.....so it wont be GSP, UFC also issued a statement that daley would be given a shot....i think he will take it

Tech' date='

GSP did fight before he rematched Serra, BUT Serra's first title defense was always going to be GSP. Whether it was going to be the day after, or a year later, his first defense was going to be against GSP.[/quote']

Yes. But if GSP hadn't won those other fights the title shot wouldn't have been him. So what i'm saying is he still had to work for it.

I know GSP can stand with anyone in that division. Hardy will find out tommorrow.

This is tarting to remind me of the Mir/Kongo pre-fight hysterics where suddenly Kongo became some monster puncher who Mir would have to take down.

I am patiently waiting for GSP to KO Hardys overrated ****.

4 fights in the UCF VS 9 title fights?

Dont worry about it Hardy will not win

Words are cheap' date=' Hardy can verbally say he is not scared of GSP, until his back hits the mat and he knows he will not be able to get back up as GSP hits him over and over and he is helpless because GSP is to strong and his wrestling skills are off the charts. That may cause a little fear then, you think?

Just because someone is not afraid doesn't make a difference in the outcome of the match. I am sure many have wen't inot battle unafraid and yet got demolished:rolleyes:[/quote']

You not think Dan may already know this before it Hits the mat? You think?

I'm sure Dans done his homework, being a fighter an all.

Listen, I'm not gonna argue with you, you think GSP's walking through Dan obviously.

Thats your opinion, just not mine.

All I'm saying is he'll give a better account of himself than Alves did because imo he's not scared to take a risk.

Anyway, enjoy the fight!!!!!

i do want hardy to win, but i want gsp to go in there and try his hardest and use everything he has to get a win to. This is mma not boxing, if hardy cant handle gsps ground game and standup then he shouldnt be in the ring with gsp.

Also hardy's boxing is indeed solid but in 3 rounds he failed to finish swick when he had many chances to, this fight will be on the feet for about 5mins the whole fight. I cant see hardy finishing it in 5 minutes agaisnt someone who is arguably a better striker than hardy.

You not think Dan may already know this before it Hits the mat? You think?

I'm sure Dans done his homework' date=' being a fighter an all.

Listen, I'm not gonna argue with you, you think GSP's walking through Dan obviously.

Thats your opinion, just not mine.

All I'm saying is he'll give a better account of himself than Alves did because imo he's not scared to take a risk.

Anyway, enjoy the fight!!!!![/quote']

One more thing, I can prepare for a wrestler such as GSP until the cows come home, but it wil not help. He is one of the most dominant wrestlers to ever enter the cage.

i do want hardy to win' date=' but i want gsp to go in there and try his hardest and use everything he has to get a win to. This is mma not boxing, if hardy cant handle gsps ground game and standup then he shouldnt be in the ring with gsp.

Also hardy's boxing is indeed solid but in 3 rounds he failed to finish swick when he had many chances to, this fight will be on the feet for about 5mins the whole fight. I cant see hardy finishing it in 5 minutes agaisnt someone who is arguably a better striker than hardy.[/quote']

I will be shocked if he can stand back up, that does not happen often. If GSP wants you on teh ground, that is where you will be.

Ok' date=' F, it.

This is taking some guts on my part!!

Sig bet???[/quote']

Yes sir, I thought you would never ask.

If I win you must put into your sig this

I love GSP and his eyes are pretty. Hardy looks like a rooster with his hair like that. He never stood a chance, poor Hardy

Archived