Kongo? A Dirty Fighter?

claxp94

I just saw this article and Kongo has to defend himself saying he's not a dirty fighter that the knee was an accident. Does anyone else consider him a dirty fighter? I dont just for the record.

"I'm not a dirty fighter," Kongo told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) following the win. "I just try to be a good fighter, as does everyone. Sometimes people just want to put a bad name on my back."

Kongo's highlight film of less-than-sportsmanlike blows in the UFC includes a series of knees to the groin of Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. On Sunday night, Kongo delivered a knee to the head of a downed Buentello, prompting referee Herb Dean to deduct a point for the second-round blow.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18451/despite-latest-incident-ufcs-cheick-kongo-insists-hes-not-a-dirty-fighter.mma

no i dont think the knee was intentional just got caught up in the moment... but i think that when herb dean said to paul that he was playing the game was a bit messed up cuz i have seen a few fights where guys will put there hand down so they wont be kneed in the head and the ref dident say a thing about it

i dont think that was on purpose but i have seen kongo throw knees to the inside thigh(balls)

in the clinch. plus that eye poke vs alturk was questionable. alturk got him on accident then immeidately after kongo got revenge.

Yeah it's funny Kongo knees Mirkos nuts up into his throat and then when someone does it to him he's like "You wanna play that game with the king of knees to the groin?! Okay motherf***er let's do it!"

dont mean to hijack the thread here but my question is somewhat on topic but who do you guys think the dirtiest fighter in the ufc is? Gilbert Yvel is king so who is second best?

It's been a while since Gilbert has done anything crazy. Hasn't knocked any refs out lately so thats a plus. I think Kongo is up there I'm trying to think of someone else who can knee Mirko in the balls 4 times and not even get a point deduction. That fight should have been a draw.

I'd like to see a rematch between the two. Gilbert put him away several years ago. Kongo would probably try to wrestle him around now though.

Vera should now be known as a dirty fighter too then. Right? I mean that one illegal kick that almost wasn't illegal' date=' followed by the legal up-kick were pretty dirty.[/quote']

Yeah well you would have to throw Anderson Silva in there with Vera then because he did that same kick but it knocked Yushin Okami the hell out.

although i dont have gilbert ranked as high as kongo in my personal rankings i think he would handle him again. that would be an exciting fight and i hope it happens. trigg is remembered for trying to capitalize on an unseen groin shot and then getting beat. cant think of any others off the top of my head but give me time ill think of some

just to let the rest who dont know know yvel has lost due to disqualifications 3 times.( eye gouging, biting, and for KO the ref)

although i dont have gilbert ranked as high as kongo in my personal rankings i think he would handle him again. that would be an exciting fight and i hope it happens. trigg is remembered for trying to capitalize on an unseen groin shot and then getting beat. cant think of any others off the top of my head but give me time ill think of some

just to let the rest who dont know know yvel has lost due to disqualifications 3 times.( eye gouging' date=' biting, and for KO the ref)[/quote']

Yeah I think Yvel is the better striker and man the ref KO was brutal. Someone I just remembered though that is probably the biggest piece of s*** in all of MMA and that's Mike Kyle. He should be banned for life.

Vera should now be known as a dirty fighter too then. Right? I mean that one illegal kick that almost wasn't illegal' date=' followed by the legal up-kick were pretty dirty.[/quote']

is that Vera's only offense? if that's all it takes then A. Silva is there too...for the same reason...

Yeah I think Yvel is the better striker and man the ref KO was brutal. Someone I just remembered though that is probably the biggest piece of s*** in all of MMA and that's Mike Kyle. He should be banned for life.

ya hes a total d-bag. it wasnt dirty but remember when heath herring ko'd yoshirio nakao when he kissed him prefight? then you could hear herring say "he tried to kiss me like a homosexual.....im not a homosexual"

is that Vera's only offense? if that's all it takes then A. Silva is there too...for the same reason...

That's my point. There are some vocal Kongo haters right now that will find any reason to bash on him. One illegal knee and he's instantly a bad guy. He's also a coward for using more than one martial art in the UFC, as well.

That's my point. There are some vocal Kongo haters right now that will find any reason to bash on him. One illegal knee and he's instantly a bad guy. He's also a coward for using more than one martial art in the UFC' date=' as well.[/quote']

if your trying to imply that im a kongo hater your wrong. i had no problem with his recent performance im just stating that hes done some things that were questionable in my eyes.

Eh.. Kongo didn't do anything too dirty this time around... I was shocked.... but then again I forgot about the illegal knee to the head. Though I am pretty sure THIS TIME it was accidental.

However, yes Kongo is a dirty fighter. The majority of his fights he knees his opponent in the balls. (I think I remember a few eye pokes as well.. but I am not sure there). The likelihood of him kneeing someone in the balls is in direct proportion with how badly he is losing. To clarify : If Kongo is losing he is likely to knee his opponent in the balls.

My guess is we didn't see him knee Buentello in the balls tonight because he didn't have to. Kongo was dominating the fight and didn't need the extra edge a knee to the other guys balls would give him.

I DON'T think Kongo is a coward. I don't have any issue with how he fought this last card. He did great on the last card, had a smart plan, and executed it well.

I DO think that he is a dirty fighter and cheater and has no qualms about using dirty shots to win.

Archived