A question about the perception of Brock Lesnar

tylamo

For the many people who hate him..

Is it because of his past or personality?

Or do you really think he isn't a good fighter?

Or is he not proven yet?

I understand that he had an easy path to a title fight, but his performances have been pretty dominant and the loss to Mir was sort of a fluke IMO..no way he makes that mistake again.

Mir seems to still be held in high regard on here, and understandably so. However, Lesnar demolished him in their second fight and i still see people say that Mir is the best HW in the UFC..there's no logic to that. For some reason people have a hard time giving Lesnar any credit at all, but he has been great for the UFC.

I know there have been so many arguments about Lesnar on here, and im not trying to start another. it just fascinates me that Lesnar seems to be so hated on here. I truly believe none of this hate would be there if he was never in the WWE. If it was anyone with his size and college wrestling resume that wasn't in the WWE, people would drool over him.

But i guess only time will tell, sorry to rant.

I like Brock. I think he's still got something to prove, but here's a guy that's just getting into the sport and he already beat Couture. Does he deserve the belt? That's not for me to speculate on. Dana saw a financial gold vein in him and capitalized on it. He needs to start fighting again though. I really wanna see how well he can do against the new breed.

Or is he not proven yet?

I understand that he had an easy path to a title fight' date=' but his performances have been pretty dominant and the loss to Mir was sort of a fluke IMO..no way he makes that mistake again.

Mir seems to still be held in high regard on here, and understandably so. However, Lesnar demolished him in their second fight and i still see people say that Mir is the best HW in the UFC..there's no logic to that. For some reason people have a hard time giving Lesnar any credit at all, but he has been great for the UFC.

I know there have been so many arguments about Lesnar on here, and im not trying to start another. it just fascinates me that Lesnar seems to be so hated on here. [b']I truly believe none of this hate would be there if he was never in the WWE[/b]. If it was anyone with his size and college wrestling resume that wasn't in the WWE, people would drool over him.

But i guess only time will tell, sorry to rant.

your absolutely right

because then he would of just been another exciting new addition,and would have had to climb the ranks like EVERY OTHER FIGHTER HAS TO

I like Brock. I think he's still got something to prove' date=' but here's a guy that's just getting into the sport and he already beat Couture. Does he deserve the belt? That's not for me to speculate on. Dana saw a financial gold vein in him and capitalized on it. He needs to start fighting again though. I really wanna see how well he can do against the new breed.[/quote']

if james toney's first fight in the ufc is against randy couture like has been rumored,and toney KO's randy in his first ever MMA fight...will that make him the new best HW of all time and toney vs lesnar will HAVE to happen so we can see who the true best of all time is?

if james toney's first fight in the ufc is against randy couture like has been rumored' date='and toney KO's randy in his first ever MMA fight...will that make him the new best HW of all time and toney vs lesnar will HAVE to happen so we can see who the true best of all time is?[/quote']

nobody's saying he's the best HW of all time..

if james toney's first fight in the ufc is against randy couture like has been rumored' date='and toney KO's randy in his first ever MMA fight...will that make him the new best HW of all time and toney vs lesnar will HAVE to happen so we can see who the true best of all time is?[/quote']

He#d have too KO fedor for that honour

Did you even read my post?

Dana just saw a good selling point. More PPV and tickets sold. We picked up the topic and discussed it on the forums. So to sum it up, Dana gave us a topic and we picked it up where he dropped for us to chew. And im sure that we will be chewing on this guy, bashing or praising, for the months to come. Even after, IF, there is a Mir-Lesnar 3. I can hear fans already making excuses why Mir/Lesnar lost. Hell, maybe even why Mir/Carwin lost lol

He is disrespectful to the whole sport and everyone involved with it. ALL of his performances where not only boring but showed he had no martial art skills whatsoever( he cant submit and has absolutly no striking ability.) he got a title shot after one win with a nobody while Cain, JDS, Gonzaga, Kongo, Cro Cop, ... everyone else had to prove themselves time and time again to even be considered for a title shot. got completely man handled by randy until he got on top and even still randy wasnt even phased he just couldnt get brock off of him (roy nelson v kimbo) and on top of that he embarasses the sport when fans try to have legitmit conversations with outsiders.

He is disrespectful to the whole sport and everyone involved with it. ALL of his performances where not only boring but showed he had no martial art skills whatsoever( he cant submit and has absolutly no striking ability.) he got a title shot after one win with a nobody while Cain' date=' JDS, Gonzaga, Kongo, Cro Cop, ... everyone else had to prove themselves time and time again to even be considered for a title shot. got completely man handled by randy until he got on top and even still randy wasnt even phased he just couldnt get brock off of him (roy nelson v kimbo) and on top of that he embarasses the sport when fans try to have legitmit conversations with outsiders.[/quote']

Saying a guy that has no martial art skills whatsoever after he beat one of the greatest on the planet, is pretty asinine.

Or is he not proven yet?

I understand that he had an easy path to a title fight' date=' but his performances have been pretty dominant and the loss to Mir was sort of a fluke IMO..no way he makes that mistake again.

I know there have been so many arguments about Lesnar on here, and im not trying to start another. it just fascinates me that Lesnar seems to be so hated on here. I truly believe none of this hate would be there if he was never in the WWE. If it was anyone with his size and college wrestling resume that wasn't in the WWE, people would drool over him.

But i guess only time will tell, sorry to rant.[/quote']

Haha people dont like Brock Lesnar because he is an arrogant moron. On the countdown to 100 he said after he beat Frank that justice would be served lol. Yeah its an injustice for Brock to lose a fight. Also did you not see how he behaved after the fight at 100 .... that has significantly increased the number of people that hate the guy. Plus if you watch the fight over he totally lost the stand up and did not even actually take Frank down. Frank went for a leg bar from standing and the other time he fell over after the flying knee he delivered to Lesnar.

Or is he not proven yet?

But i guess only time will tell, sorry to rant.[/quote']

At first I thought he was just playing the villian. The UFC doesn't really have anybody to hate. But then after how he acted when he beat mir, he is just a real ******. You just don't act like that, poor sportsmanship, poor image for the UFC. He's hell in the ring and I think he's legit but I could do with out the crap. Just fight Brock and shut up.

At first I thought he was just playing the villian. The UFC doesn't really have anybody to hate. But then after how he acted when he beat mir' date=' he is just a real ******. You just don't act like that, poor sportsmanship, poor image for the UFC. He's hell in the ring and I think he's legit but I could do with out the crap. Just fight Brock and shut up.[/quote']

Add in the fact that he even stated he doesn't respect any of his opponents.

Personally i love his personality. Who wouldnt get pissed off if Bud Light didnt sponsor them? Plus he never really attacks anyone everyone attacks him(verbally that is) so i find it pretty funny cause he is always so witty with his remarks.

But by god i hate his haircut, it looks worse in person, met him at a hunting expo awhile back

Personally i love his personality. Who wouldnt get pissed off if Bud Light didnt sponsor them? Plus he never really attacks anyone everyone attacks him(verbally that is) so i find it pretty funny cause he is always so witty with his remarks.

But by god i hate his haircut' date=' it looks worse in person, [b']met him at a hunting expo[/b] awhile back

I was wondering how in hell you found Brock witty until the end there.

But by god i hate his haircut' date=' it looks worse in person[/b'], met him at a hunting expo awhile back

Dear god what is the world coming to...

Has nothing to do with his WWE background. I looked at his collegiate background and thought "damn, this guy's a beast wrestler". Screw his WWE past.

I made a thread about how MMA fans treated him unfairly. It went like 15 pages or something, too. And I truly believe they did treat him unfairly.

But I also believe the UFC treated him too good. No way in hell anybody ever gets a title shot with a 1-1 record in the UFC. 1 win over a guy who hasn't had a significant opponent in 7 years does not warrant a title shot. I disagree with that.

But it was UFC 100 that made me start to dislike him. It's his ignorant, stupid, ridiculous fans that make me keep disliking him.

Well until he loses the belt he is technically the best. Besides its only a matter of time before someone beats him. All the physically based fighters only last so long, examples include rampage and sean sherk.

People say he has a really bad personality but if your had some D-bag constantly saying how he was going to beat your **** and how he wants you to die(and you know youd beat the hell out of him) youd be a tad bit touchy too.

Here's why Lesnar is hated... by idiots.

He doesn't represent the BJJ expert who can defeat guys bigger than him like all the little MMA nerds/weenies wish they could do.

They want a Gracie, someone who overcomes physical disadvantage via "martial arts" expertise so they can look at their own pencil neck in the mirror and tell themselves "Size doesn't matter".

Well sorry... it does.

If size didn't matter, then why is Frank Mir packing on so many more pounds since his last TOTAL DESTRUCTION at the hands of Lesnar?

As far as their heaping abuse for his WWE career, it's just total nonsense.

If you look at it logically, it's better preparation than Carwin's engineering job. Better than driving a delivery truck, or just about any other job you can think of that no one holds against any other fighters.

Sure Pro Wrestling is scripted but it's still physically demanding and those guys train like hell.

So, there it is, in a nutshell:

1) Lesnar is hated by the MMA nerds/weenies/snobs because he shatters their desire to believe size doesn't matter.

2) Their problem with his WWE career is just an illogical follow on to their sobbing tantrums over 1) above.

Here's why Lesnar is hated... by idiots.

He doesn't represent the BJJ expert who can defeat guys bigger than him like all the little MMA nerds/weenies wish they could do.

They want a Gracie' date=' someone who overcomes physical disadvantage via "martial arts" expertise so they can look at their own pencil neck in the mirror and tell themselves "Size doesn't matter".

Well sorry... it does.

If size didn't matter, then why is Frank Mir packing on so many more pounds since his last TOTAL DESTRUCTION at that hands of Lesnar?

As far as their heaping abuse for his WWE career, it's just total nonsense.

If you look at it logically, it's better preparation than Carwin's engineering job. Better than driving a delivery truck, or just about any other job you can think of that no one holds against any other fighters.

Sure Pro Wrestling is scripted but it's still physically demanding and those guys train like hell.

So, there it is, in a nutshell:

1) Lesnar is hated by the MMA nerds/weenies/snobs because he shatters their desire to believe size doesn't matter.

2) Their problem with his WWE career is just an illogical follow on to their sobbing tantrums over 1) above.[/quote']

And you sir are a prime example of why none of his fans are credible when they post garbage like this.

And you sir are a prime example of why none of his fans are credible when they post garbage like this.

Nah, I pretty much nailed it right on the head.

And why do you think I'm a "Lesnar fan"? What's that supposed to mean?

I'm just telling it like it is, dude.

Personally, I don't care one way or another who wins, I just want the competitor who put on the best fight to get his hand raised and not get screwed by the judges like Rua did. As long as that happens, I'm happy no matter what the outcome is.

Oh, and lastly, my sincerest condolences over your pencil neck.

what is wrong with his post? he has a solid opinion, i believe today all people think of a mma fighter is gracie..... tech over brute strength and raw power. its not easy having brocks super human strength, do you know how much time and work he put into his body? its the same as putting in work to a BJJ,

Everyone knows he dosent take the UFC as a joke, he train his **** off for the fights, and even before his WWE career he was one of the toughest man around, i believe going 100+ wins in his collegian wrestling career. so right there is his technique, his amazing wrestling. def not as well rounded as some fighters but he def is a Legit MMA fighter.

YES I KNOW HE DOES NOT SPEAK WELL, WE GET IT, HES A DUMB ****, HE BARELY MADE IT THRU HIGH SCHOOL.

My only addition to the topic would be to ask the question. Does anyone think that Brock would lose to any of the bottom or middle tier guys Carwin, Cain, or JDS beat to get to there level. I truly believe if he would have started at the bottom( and maybe he should have)(money has a lot of influence) the outcome of his career would have been no diferent at 4-1 he has fought as good as competition as the guys that are 10-1 or 11-0 they just fought 5 or 6 bottom tiers guys that can not hang with anyone in the top of the division that includes brock.

I personally like brock mostly because as a wrestling coach I have watched him through his college career and have seen how good of a wrestler he is. This also goes for Bader, Cain, and Escudero I have watched all of them since they were young.

I just have to say love him or hate him please give him credit for his abilities and take it from a guy who seen him wrestle when he was a junior in college. he is the real deal.

My last point is that people always talk about him losing like that is going to end his career but the fact is everyone takes losses sometimes and he will lose I just believe that he will learn from his losses and get better(scary idea). Do I believe he is the best ever? Not yet but I do believe he has the abilities to grow into one of the best. Either way it is going to be a fun career to watch.

I personally don't like him and generally root for him to lose. I think the guy is extremely skilled and has the credentials to be in the UFC. He may have gotten a title shot a little to quick but, he won so he was obviously ready and deserving. My problem with him are his antics before, during, and after the fights. I realize most guys talk trash before fights but they usually show each other respect during and after but, not Brock. The way he jumped in Mir's face and pointed and cussed at him, after he won the 2nd fight was just lame. Also, his little "riding the bull" move he did to Heath Herring was just boarderline gay.

so the overwhelming answer is his personality and easy path to the title.

but the truth is, he would have beaten anyone they threw at him en route to a title shot, say 2 more fights IMO

i just cant wait to see him fight carwin/jds/velasquez

Archived