What about Ellenberger?

mynameis

I think he is great and has an awesome future. I was really looking forward to see him fight again. I cant believe he doesnt get to fight even though him and his opponent where healthy. Now Fitch vs Saunders better be a damn good fight!

Anybody knows when and who he will fight next?

If I were Ellenberger, I would be pissed off. I didnt go through training camp to be sidlined for this kind of reason. I would be raising hell. Thats just me. Im a compettitor as well so that kinda rules in on my opinion.

If I were Ellenberger' date=' I would be pissed off. I didnt go through training camp to be sidlined for this kind of reason. I would be raising hell. Thats just me. Im a compettitor as well so that kinda rules in on my opinion.[/quote']

I bet he feels like this rather than anything else.

I read in wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable source) that Saunders requested to fight Fitch. Cant help to find that disrespectful towards Jake, who had been preparing to fight him and instead was left out of the card. Sure, he got paid, which was the only decent thing to do, but I dont think it is right to do that to a competitor.

I read in wikipedia (I know' date=' not the most reliable source) that Saunders requested to fight Fitch. Cant help to find that disrespectful towards Jake, who had been preparing to fight him and instead was left out of the card. Sure, he got paid, which was the only decent thing to do, but I dont think it is right to do that to a competitor.[/quote']

Kinda like Yoshihiro Akiyama when he was supposed to fight Wanderlei, then is told he wont because the UFC wants to make more money with the Bisping name in the octogon instead. Just sucks. Thats all, just sucks.

The UFC paid him but there is no word on who he will fight next' date=' personally id like to see him fight Johnny Hendricks.[/quote']

I would rather see Jake fight someone more experienced/established, like Lytle (what a fight that would be) or even Swick.

I would rather see Jake fight someone more experienced/established' date=' like Lytle (what a fight that would be) or even Swick.[/quote']

Swick would be the same as fighting Saunders as far as ranking for sure. That would be awsome.

Swick would be the same as fighting Saunders as far as ranking for sure. That would be awsome.

I know. And I think he could take the W too. Jake is very well rounded, is young and has great size for a WW. He has it all to have a successful future. Had he taken the W against Condit (he was so close, cant believe it slipped through his fingers), he would be right outside the top 10 at WW imo. I believe he will be top 5 in the mid-term future.

I know. And I think he could take the W too. Jake is very well rounded' date=' is young and has great size for a WW. He has it all to have a successful future. Had he taken the W against Condit (he was so close, cant believe it slipped through his fingers), he would be right outside the top 10 at WW imo. I believe he will be top 5 in the mid-term future.[/quote']

You know what? I want to see him fight this Dennis Siver guy. I saw him for the first time on Unleashed Wensday, and started looking him up afterward. This guy is retarded good.

I read in wikipedia (I know' date=' not the most reliable source) that Saunders requested to fight Fitch. Cant help to find that disrespectful towards Jake, who had been preparing to fight him and instead was left out of the card. Sure, he got paid, which was the only decent thing to do, but I dont think it is right to do that to a competitor.[/quote']

You can't really blame Saunders for wanting to fight Fitch, though. Fitch is one of the top WW's in the division, so a win over him would be huge for Saunders.

You can't really blame Saunders for wanting to fight Fitch' date=' though. [b']Fitch is one of the top WW's in the division, so a win over him would be huge for Saunders[/b].

That is true, there is no arguing that. But I feel it is unethical to get out of a scheduled fight you agreed to take part in because you rather fight another guy. You have to think of the other dude that invested time and effort preparing himself to fight you and now finds himself out of the event. How is that even allowed?!

I would rather fight Fitch than Jake' date=' Jake has good stand up and a lot of power, Fitch is just gonna lay and pray[/quote']

Was it really a smart move on Ben's part? He had a chance at beating Jake, even hitting the FON prize. Now he fights Fitch, not only a boring **** fight for almost sure, but also a UD loss in his record (most likely).

Was it really a smart move on Ben's part? He had a chance at beating Jake' date=' even hitting the FON prize. Now he fights Fitch, not only a boring **** fight for almost sure, but also a UD loss in his record (most likely).[/quote']

It's a risk but if he does well against Fitch it'll break him into the top of the division in terms of matchmaking and ufc always rewards the fighters that step up

It's a risk but if he does well against Fitch it'll break him into the top of the division in terms of matchmaking and ufc always rewards the fighters that step up

Thats true. Good luck to him. Even though Im a little upset at Saunders because I really wanted to see Jake fight again, I just cant root for Fitch :P

Id be a little annoyed, because hardwork the buterflies the gym time the mental state your in training. But hes getting his show up pay, and i believe the win pay as well which would make my hurt feelings alot better. Id be eating like crazy drinkin in the stands watching the fight. With my $25 g's at least.(not sure exact number but it isnt no $2000

If I were Ellenberger' date=' I would be pissed off. I didnt go through training camp to be sidlined for this kind of reason. I would be raising hell. Thats just me. Im a compettitor as well so that kinda rules in on my opinion.[/quote']

Well it's not just that, the ufc keeps what.. 4-5 events booked solid in a row these days. It's not like he can just wait till the next ufc show to fight... he might have to weight 3-4 months for the next opening,

Don't forget, Saunders was originally scheduled to face Kampmann on this card, but Kampmann had to pull out due to injury. Saunders was supposed to get a good fight this time round after his impressive performance against Davis. No disrespect to Ellenberger, but he's below Saunders in the rankings and doesn't offer Saunders the opportunity he was supposed to have. So while it does suck for Ellenberger, I think the UFC is doing right by Saunders with this and Ellenberger will get a good fight later on as a thank you. The UFC is always good at repaying guys who help them out. Even Anthony Perosh got a 4-fight deal for stepping in against Cro Cop on short notice.

Don't forget' date=' [b']Saunders was originally scheduled to face Kampmann on this card[/b], but Kampmann had to pull out due to injury. Saunders was supposed to get a good fight this time round after his impressive performance against Davis. No disrespect to Ellenberger, but he's below Saunders in the rankings and doesn't offer Saunders the opportunity he was supposed to have. So while it does suck for Ellenberger, I think the UFC is doing right by Saunders with this and Ellenberger will get a good fight later on as a thank you. The UFC is always good at repaying guys who help them out. Even Anthony Perosh got a 4-fight deal for stepping in against Cro Cop on short notice.

I didnt remember that. It makes a lot more sense now. Good you pointed that out.

Well he's ready to fight. He'll probably end up fighting replacing the next WW to pull out of a card with an injury. It's a shame that he couldn't fight at 111, but the fact is that someone had to fight Fitch, and Ellenberger isn't an established name like Saunders.

I'm sure he'll cope. He got paid for doing nothing and he'll probably get a fight fairly soon.

I think he is great and has an awesome future. I was really looking forward to see him fight again. I cant believe he doesnt get to fight even though him and his opponent where healthy. Now Fitch vs Saunders better be a damn good fight!

Anybody knows when and who he will fight next?

Yeah, he was paid his full purse and the bonus he would have recieved for winning. They will most likely fight when they find the right opponent for him.

Archived