brock lesnar says that mir and carwin are fighting over a “make-believe” belt

UFCGOD1

Speaking on SportsCenter earlier today, Lesnar was first asked about his current condition.

“I’m 100 percent recovered. I’ve been able to step back and re-evaluate my life and re-evaluate my training, and I’m on track. I’m excited for Saturday night to see these two big heavyweights battle it out for the interim championship, and the winner of those two guys I’m looking forward to fighting in mid-summer.”

Asked about the fight this weekend for the interim title, Lesnar said:

“That was a business decision that the UFC had to make. Really, that belt is a make-believe belt to satisfy the company and to satisfy the people in the heavyweight division. I’m still the heavyweight champion.”

“If Shane Carwin is a better version of Brock Lesnar, then the fight’s over in the first 30 seconds — I feel bad for Frank. Frank has a history of putting his foot in his mouth and let’s just see what happens Saturday night. I’m anxious to fight either one of those opponents. Both of them I’ve got some history with. … I can sit back and watch and let these guys fight over who wants to come after Brock Lesnar, the UFC heavyweight champion.”

Lesnar was also asked about the disgraceful comments recently made by Mir towards him, explaining he saw it as purely entertainment value.

“What’s said outside of the Octagon is all purely entertainment. I dislike Frank — there isn’t an opponent in the Octagon that I really truly like. That’s the battle of competition. I’m not a grudge-holder, but the first and foremost thing to me is, When I get in that Octagon I respect no one. And that’s the bottom line for me.”

I get what Brock is saying, but Its not a make belive belt until Lesner steps back into the Octagon. Until that actually comes to pass there is no guarantee it will.

If in fact he never does compete again that Interm champ becomes champ plain and simple.

Well i guess i is kind of true I mean you can't become champion til you beat the champion. So I dont know why it isn't just number one contender match like the Swick/Hardy fight. I mean since Brock is back and all.

I hate Interm Belts as much as the next guy, but Brock is not in fact "back and all". He isn't back until he walks into the Octagon and fights. There is no guarantee his condition will not flare up again after his miraculous recovery from an illness that usually requires some surgery.

I hate Interm Belts as much as the next guy' date=' but Brock is not in fact "back and all". He isn't back until he walks into the Octagon and fights. There is no guarantee his condition will not flare up again after his miraculous recovery from an illness that usually requires some surgery.[/quote']

Ya your right. He could go back down. But as of now he seems fine. But what would happen if he never came back would the Interm become the Champ?

Hey brocks got a point after all if anyone knows about fighting for make believe belts its wwe boy brock ,

but honestly he should show respect without that belt he would have been stripped of his championship as he would be unable to defend it in time .

What's the big deal with saying he doesn't respect his opponent once he gets into the cage?

I've heard many fighters use this exact sentence.....

...That's the mindset he needs to go out there and fight at the highest level. I see nothing wrong with that.

Very true, too many of GSP's opponents have given him too much respect in the ring, and have shelled up, almost in awe of him, something i dont see Hardy doing.

Technique, sorry to be pedantic, but theres a spelling mistake in you signature. Just saying...

Often, when you respect your opponent in the ring (in this instance, cage) you fight like you are sparring hard. You hesitate before going in for the finish when your opponent is hurt. You forget that you're fighting and try to be a good sport. You might not commit with your "power hand" (I hate that term by the way, I like to just say "right," but I know some people are southpaws.) You just tend to not be vicious. I've lost a fight or three by respecting my opponent too much.

Very true' date=' too many of GSP's opponents have given him too much respect in the ring, and have shelled up, almost in awe of him, something i dont see Hardy doing.

Technique, sorry to be pedantic, but theres a spelling mistake in you signature. Just saying...[/quote']

Thanks bro, good catch. I just copied and pasted the quote from a website lol. Guess I didn't look at it too closely.

I am pretty sure Carwin beat him in wrestling on the college level.

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

Carwin was Div II and Brock was Div I

I think the history he's talking about is the prefight talk they had before Brock got injured.

He said something along the lines of they created Div II because those guys couldn't hang with the Div I guys. Also Carwin talked alot about how he disapproved of his actions after the Mir fight and doesn't like him as a person.

i like mir and carwin, but they better enjoy the spotlight now, cuz when brock comes back healthy and hungry.. its over. the whole heavyweight division is ********, including fedor, who is scared of brock fighting clowns like brett rogers. theyre scared of you brock!!!!

I don't think so' date=' but I don't know for sure.

Carwin was Div II and Brock was Div I

I think the history he's talking about is the prefight talk they had before Brock got injured.

He said something along the lines of they created Div II because those guys couldn't hang with the Div I guys. Also Carwin talked alot about how he disapproved of his actions after the Mir fight and doesn't like him as a person.[/quote']

This is correct. Brock and Carwin never wrestled. Carwin was a Div lower than Brock. Before their scheduled fight their was some trash talk. Also Brock said that him and Carwin were hitting a machine that measured your punching power and Brock won. Carwin said it's not true.

This is correct. Brock and Carwin never wrestled. Carwin was a Div lower than Brock. Before their scheduled fight their was some trash talk. Also Brock said that him and Carwin were hitting a machine that measured your punching power and Brock won. Carwin said it's not true.

Interesting. I didn't hear anything about the punching power thing. I wonder if there is any truth behind it.

I get what Brock is saying' date=' but Its not a make belive belt until Lesner steps back into the Octagon. Until that [b']actually comes to pass[/b] there is no guarantee it will.

If in fact he never does compete again that Interm champ becomes champ plain and simple.

Exactly.

Brock can be an ignorant redneck but he is right its not the true belt until he actually is done in the ufc. Yeah and calling it the interim title fight makes money too. Brock isnt overrated he is undermatched. Carwin is a bad dude and Mir is tough too but we seen what happened to Mir and Carwin whom is my fav for this fight (Ufc 111) will have a hell of a time with Brock if the time comes.

Oh yeah and I like what you say about Fedor - Facepunchr, he needs to fight some competion but you have to agree it was an ugly knockout.

Here is a article about it. I would like to know the truth as well.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/06/23/shane-carwin-brock-lesnar-is-a-freaking-liar/

Thanks, yeah thats pretty funny. I would like to see the test done again. It would be cool to know who had the greatest punching power in the HW division. Power's not everything, but it's fun to know I guess.

I'm not sure why anyone would have a hard time believing Lesnar has more power behind his punches then Carwin. I'm not saying that's the case I just don't understand why it would be hard to understand. There's many thing that have to happen for a knockout to occur which don't include power/force behind a delivery punch.

And now all you Brock lovers can stop asking everyone why they hate him so much.

In his own words' date=' that's why.[/quote']

You cant respect your opponant when youre fighting. Look at what happened to Chuck in the first Couture fight. Look at what happened to Houston Alexander v Kimbo Slice, supposed to be a sluggfest, but they respected eachother soo much they put on a bore.

I'm not sure why anyone would have a hard time believing Lesnar has more power behind his punches then Carwin. I'm not saying that's the case I just don't understand why it would be hard to understand. There's many thing that have to happen for a knockout to occur which don't include power/force behind a delivery punch.

I actually think this is the case, but I still want to see the numbers for my own curiosity.

I actually think this is the case' date=' but I still want to see the numbers for my own curiosity.[/quote']

But ofcourse i'd like to know myself! If I was a betting man my money would be on Lesnar. Not everyone he has faced falls down during standup exchanges with Lesnar because they trip lol

You cant respect your opponant when youre fighting. Look at what happened to Chuck in the first Couture fight. Look at what happened to Houston Alexander v Kimbo Slice' date=' supposed to be a sluggfest, but they respected eachother soo much they put on a bore.[/quote']

+1

GSP (fighting his idol) vs Hughes 1 as well.

I dislike Brock the person but that interview earned some points.

And now all you Brock lovers can stop asking everyone why they hate him so much.

And Mir said if you put his father in there with him he would rip his bleepin head off....whats your point?

If you respesct your opponent in there how can you hurt them?

And Mir said if you put his father in there with him he would rip his bleepin head off....whats your point?

There's a difference in "respect" and "afraid of"

I didn't say he was afraid of anyone.

Respecting your opponent also comes in the form of actually respecting them AFTER the fight when you're IN the octagon.

Anger shouldn't be the leitmotiv in a professional fight, love for competition should be...

... agreed, he is dysfunctional horses' **** compounded by his lack of mma skills,

the sooner velasquez & dos santos advance, the better for the ufc hw/ division ...

Archived