Sign in to follow this  
scotty1875

GSP full of himself

not as tough as some fighters, tapped at the bell against hughes, wasnt out against serra and crawled under the refs legs (nothing wrong with that he was rocked bad, but a hole), got hit with a few solid shots when he fought fitch and looked shocked/bit wobly (in the 2nd or 3rd i think).

so could say his chin or the fact that he is not to used to getting hit are holes... (cant be sure which)

(once you start posing in calendars you lose part of your manhood)

i dont think hardy will win, but watch the fitch/gsp fight. hardy doesn't have the wrestling of fitch, but looks a lot physically stronger, probably is gsp's hardest test yet.

I've been impressed with GSP's mental strength since the Serra fight. I think it's hard to predict how he'd cope if things didn't go his way' date=' cos it hasn't really happened for such a long time.[/quote']

It is hard to predict, but there's got to be something he isn't as good at!

not as tough as some fighters' date=' tapped at the bell against hughes, wasnt out against serra and crawled under the refs legs (nothing wrong with that he was rocked bad, but a hole), got hit with a few solid shots when he fought fitch and looked shocked/bit wobly (in the 2nd or 3rd i think).

.[/quote']

This is what I mean with his mental tougness when pushed. Physically there is not much he could improve.

He dosen't like getting clipped round the back of his ear!!

No one especially GSP likes getting clipped. If it happens tonight people will just write it off as luck. To be honest as joe rogan would say recently I think GSP will molest Hardy on the ground but I hope I'm wrong. I don't like male rape.....

to be honest as joe rogan would say recently I think GSP will molest Hardy on the ground but I hope I'm wrong. I don't like male rape.....

thank god someone else noticed rogan said that! anyone i've said it to didn't hear it.. it made me laugh so hard lol.

gsp doesn't really have any holes physically, he's worked incessantly to ensure he is as well-rounded as possible. his striking is slightly inferior to his ground game, but when faced with gsp's ground game pretty much anything's going to be inferior. that said, still a good striker.

i agree with the mental toughness idea.. it's gotten better (penn round one) but he's still going to freak out if the fight doesn't pan out in the way he wants it to.

that said, war rush!

Do you think that perhaps Hardy's saavy at building up the fight has perhaps put Hardy in danger of GSP seriously hurting Hardy? GSP looked dangerous at the weigh ins....very determined

he's confident, not ****y. he is very humble to his opponents and doesnt say anything bad about them other than he thinks he will beat them, and why is that ****y? if you came into a fight thinking " oh my god, i'm going to get knocked out cold by this guy!" what do you think will happen?

dont get me wrong' date=' love GSP, but it seems he gets away with his c 0ckyness because his english isnt extremely good and it sometimes isnt picked up at how arrogant he really is, rashad rampage mir all get hated on because of their c ockyness yet GSP gets a pass.

anyway gsp by submission round 2 and i think i created a new word with c ockyness aswell[/quote']

I watch all is interview in french and he not ****y at all . He maybe to respectfull to be real .

I already meet him in a restaurant and he take time to shake my hand and present me is friend , he a realy polite guys .

How can you not love GSP? If you're allergic to good guys maybe...

I can understand why some people may not appreciate his fighting style, but why anybody would not think he's a nice guy is beyond me.

if you've seen me around here on the forums before you would know that i'm not serious all the time. and i wasn't being it in this thread. just throwing my two cents out there. is that cool scotty boy?! ;)

Yeah thats fine dude - just seems to be any time anybody tries to have a bit of fun on this forum there always has to be somebody coming in and putting a damp squib on things. Lighten up everyone :)

dont get me wrong' date=' love GSP, but it seems he gets away with his c 0ckyness because his english isnt extremely good and it sometimes isnt picked up at how arrogant he really is, rashad rampage mir all get hated on because of their c ockyness yet GSP gets a pass.

anyway gsp by submission round 2 and i think i created a new word with c ockyness aswell[/quote']

Did you realize he's one of the best p4p fighters in the world? he has every right in the world to be ****y.

**** thread - One star

Is it just me or did everyone else cringe just a little bit during the primetime episode 3 where GSP joined in with his training buddies to chant out his own name? Was kind of amusing though.

I think he cringed a bit too, but felt he had to join in with the team. I think his trainer wants to have his babies.

Why can't people like a fighter without being called a fanboy or a hugger?

My definition of a fanboy or hugger:

1. People so blinded by their manlove for certain fighters that they fail to be objective about them

2. Someone who cannot take any joke/ negative comment about their idol

IMO nothing wrong with liking a fighter as long as his dangly bits aren't making you blind to their faults/ weaknesses.

He's not good at talking s***?

Hahaha the funny thing is, this really is his only weakness. He's got the ground game, jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, wrestling all at world-class level. But a guy of his talent should be able to win matches before he even enters the ring.

I think people like Tyson or Brock have such an intimidating presence to them that they win matches before they even step in the ring

GSP has not yet to face a tall lanky BJJ fighter like Hazelett. Hazellett has the long limbs to nullify GSP's ground and pound. Furthermore' date=' GSP has refrained from combos and knock out blows, and would be allowing Hazelett to stay in the fight during the stand up war. He has holes. He just haven't fought the right fighter who will expose it yet, that's all.[/quote']

Dude if GSP fought Hazelett this would be one of the fights that GSP might not even need to go to the ground to completely destroy his opponent... no offense to Dustin hes a great fighter but nowhere near the quality of GSP

Yeah thats fine dude - just seems to be any time anybody tries to have a bit of fun on this forum there always has to be somebody coming in and putting a damp squib on things. Lighten up everyone :)

no i hear ya on that. people like to troll and be immature. no worries here tho. that ain't me

Dude if GSP fought Hazelett this would be one of the fights that GSP might not even need to go to the ground to completely destroy his opponent... no offense to Dustin hes a great fighter but nowhere near the quality of GSP

Yeah, people seem to forget that GSP is a world class striker as well as a grappler. If he were to fight Hazelett, he would just make Hazelett stand with him and beat him that way.

I spent the last 4 months watching his fights (GSP).

His game is tight and he carries out his program to a T.

He is an awesome fighter, but, just like Evans he has a weakness in his chin under a 1,2,3 flurry.

He might fold under Hardy's forceful flurries.

Otherwise,if you slip on timing and let him retaliate he will slaughter you.

His biggest weakness is probably himself. He puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform at a very high level. He's also known for being a perfectionist which can be good and bad. There is no doubt that he is the best WW in the world but that doesn't make you unbeatable either and I could see the pressure he puts on himself to cause him to lose a fight. The pressure he puts on himself though tends to make him stronger in defeat and the poor sucker that beat him the first time gets a hard lesson.

Wonder how Seirra and Hardy celebrated? I bet Seirra washed Hardy's hair and brushed his hair telling him how soft his hair is

Lmao!

Honestly, Hardy has nothing to loose face over and allot to gain- including the world's respect should his boxing turn out to be the key in his victory.

This dude is really under-rated as you should see his actually MMA record of fights.

Dudes got real confidence to, not just the show type but the kind you get by fighting all over the world.

This kid has got a great future.

just wait.. GSP looses to the outlaw then we will see GSP and Huges at it again.

Dana White knows this is a true money ticket..

cause gsp loves the takedowns it makes him a bit predictable.. i know his takedowns are the best in the biz n stuff, but i see someone (hardy)...(maybe).... timing a nasty knee when he goes in for the shoot..

Is it just me or did everyone else cringe just a little bit during the primetime episode 3 where GSP joined in with his training buddies to chant out his own name? Was kind of amusing though.

so before a football game when the team is huddled up chanting their own name, is that egotistical too?

GSP is the cream of the crop from that Camp. Im sure the other fighters get rather excited when a guy from there camp is Defending a Title, seemed like fun and game too me. ( and i hate gsp lol )