Biggest Underdog Challenger? Hardy,Edgar,or Maia?

TapUout1

I obviously coudnt include Shogun or a HW but i'm curious to see what the forum thinks on this.

For me its a toss up between Hardy and Maia just based on how dominant GSP & AS have been.

BJ is equally impressive but i think Edgar will last a few rounds and maybe even go to a decision.

Im goin with Maia at the moment

Maia has a great ground game but he aint got nothing really going stand up

i dont think Maia will be able to get close enough for the takedown and if he gets too close he will get clinched

and if the fight goes to the ground Silva is Saavy in BJJ so it will be difficult to submit him too i think.

Hardy ive got big hopes i hope he wins but he might not im hoping for GSP to make a mistake!

Edgar is a wrestler and i dont think he can take BJ down unfortunatly and does not hold the stand up ability to ut box Penn

i dont know Tap its a toss up really but i think Maia or Edgar are the biggest underdogs

Definately Edgar.

Anderson has been submitted before so it's possible for Maia.

GSP has been caught before so it's possible for Hardy.

I don't see anything Edgar can do to Penn to win.

You make a good point but i think Edgard could possibly pull off a decision if he were able to get some takedowns where as i think GSP is gonna maul Hardy and AS is gonna toy with Maia. I'm voting now and i've decided Maia has the least chance based on his performance against Miller

Maia. I hope it doesnt turn into another Silva vs Leites kinda fight.

We all know that Anderson has a great advantage in the standing game, but no so much on the ground. In my opinion Maia is the best in the UFC at JJ transitions and subs. He could easily catch Anderson. Anderson is no slouch on the ground, but I would give the advantage to Maia here. They key is getting it to the ground unless he can pull of a flying triangle or flying arm-bar-- don't laugh, he is capable.

You make a good point but i think Edgard could possibly pull off a decision if he were able to get some takedowns where as i think GSP is gonna maul Hardy and AS is gonna toy with Maia. I'm voting now and i've decided Maia has the least chance based on his performance against Miller

I agree Edgar's striking is better than Diego. The thing is the way BJ has handled Kenflo,Diego and Joe Daddy physically, I just don't know that Frankie can handle it. I think of the 3 Edgar has the best well rounded skill level just don't think it will be enough.

We all know that Anderson has a great advantage in the standing game' date=' but no so much on the ground. In my opinion Maia is the best in the UFC at JJ transitions and subs. He could easily catch Anderson. Anderson is no slouch on the ground, but I would give the advantage to Maia here. They key is getting it to the ground unless he can pull of a flying triangle or flying arm-bar-- don't laugh, he is capable.[/quote']

+1

but unfortunatly i dont think Maia would take the chance he might if it was like ghe last minute of the fight at something flying

unfortunatly i think with Silva training with the Nogs he will be real saavy in the subs and be able to avoid them

but i do see where you are coming from

maybe another flying heel hook? tehe

You must take into consideration that we have a lot of confused posters.:P

LOL nahh it makes sense cuz there's really not a bad pick, you could make an argument for picking any of the 3 but after watching AS destroy Forrest and help him up just to knock him down again was the final factor in my pick.

+1

but unfortunatly i dont think Maia would take the chance he might if it was like ghe last minute of the fight at something flying

unfortunatly i think with Silva training with the Nogs he will be real saavy in the subs and be able to avoid them

but i do see where you are coming from

maybe another flying heel hook? tehe

YOu are probably right, I agree, but on the other hand I have never seen anyone transition as quickly and smoothly as Maia does.

LOL nahh it makes sense cuz there's really not a bad pick' date=' you could make an argument for picking any of the 3 but after watching AS destroy Forrest and help him up just to knock him down again was the final factor in my pick.[/quote']

I was only kidding, yes, Anderson is a bad man! GSP is equal to Anderson just on the ground though. Hardy will wish he was never born! lol

YOu are probably right' date=' I agree, but on the other hand I have never seen anyone transition as quickly and smoothly as Maia does.[/quote']

you are right he is a wiz on the ground so perhaps he could but i wont hold my breath but if he does win by sub i will pledge my alligence to you FAST haha

you are right he is a wiz on the ground so perhaps he could but i wont hold my breath but if he does win by sub i will pledge my alligence to you FAST haha

I am not saying he will, I am only saying it is very possible considering his abilities.

What about Maynard? Would you say he has better hands than Edgar too? :)

They both have decent hands, but Edgar's style is better suited to bang with Penn I think. Edgar is quick and explosive, where Maynard has a little more power.

I went with Frankie Edgar because unfortunately I just can't see any way that he can win the fight.

Hardy has heavy hands. He may not be as strong as GSP in terms of technical striking, but with hands like his, there's always gonna be a punchers chance.

Maia has sick BJJ, and his ground game is far superior to Andersons. I don't think he'll be able to get Anderson to the ground, but if he can then we could see an evenly matched contest.

I just can't see anything in Frankie's game or BJ's game which leads me to believe that Frankie has a chance of pulling off an upset.

i say maia is the biggest underdog, Silva is likely the greatest mma fighter of all time. He creates a larger skill gap just because its him in the ring. Along with that maia lost recently to a ko which is what silva will be trying to do. Hardy has gone undefeated in ufc and suprised quite a few people with his win over swick. Edgar has been wining his fights and out of the 3 deserves the shot the most.

You must take into consideration that we have a lot of confused posters.:P

Well, to be fair to everyone, we are talking about 3 challengers that are fighting against the most dominant champions in their respective weight classes in Penn, GSP, and A. Silva.

And yes, I know that Hughes was WW champ for a long time, but IMO GSP is more dominant.

Edgar has the least number of votes, so I disagree with the majority. Although I do not appreciate Penn's attitude, I cannot refute his abilities. He has shown he can seriously take punches, so there goes Edgar's one shot chance. Other the other hand, GSP has shown he can be KOed by a punch. Silva has shown he can be vunerable on the ground.

i think they are all equally screwed. at least hardy and edgar have a punchers chance' date=' the only chance that maia has is to land a flying heel hook.[/quote']

i think your right and i think the poll is pretty accurate, its a close call but i'd put them in the close order theyre in right now with maia being the biggest underdog

The polls pretty tight' date=' who's your pick?[/quote']

I personally picked Maia.

Hardy and Edgar both have a puncher's chance.... while Maia's stand up is horrendeous and we all know from past experience Silva won't go to the ground against a proven BJJ expert (Leites).

I personally picked Maia.

Hardy and Edgar both have a puncher's chance.... while Maia's stand up is horrendeous and we all know from past experience Silva won't go to the ground against a proven BJJ expert (Leites).

I dont think Edgar has a puncher's chance. Penn has shown that he can take a punch.

Archived