The new double day weight rule

rhys_ufc

No...it's not phony' date=' it's legit. But it only applies in Massachusetts. And even then you are allowed a percentage gain on second weigh in.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Thanks man, just it's bad for the fighters because they will be drained as hell.

It's kind of weird really that they make you hit a weight but don't make you fight at that same weight. The UFC has made the weigh-ins an event as well. So it would be tough to not have them but then you would have some injuries at first because the fighters would still be somewhat dehydrated. On the flip side it didn't do anything for Alves against Georges.

It's kind of weird really that they make you hit a weight but don't make you fight at that same weight. The UFC has made the weigh-ins an event as well. So it would be tough to not have them but then you would have some injuries at first because the fighters would still be somewhat dehydrated. On the flip side it didn't do anything for Alves against Georges.

There was no double weigh ins for that.

It's only in Massachusetts.

Its a great rule to have anywhere' date=' that way for example you wouldn't see a gigantic Anthony Johnson fight someone he outweighs by 20-30 pounds come fight night.[/quote']

So, then what division should A.Silva be fighting in.

I had no idea Dmtl was a girl. Now it makes much more sense why she disagrees with most of the members :)

On topic: I also consider it a good idea exactly because of the fighters who have an obvious size advantage over other fighters who fit the same weight class more naturally (imagine Rumble or Daley or GSP fighting Nate, i mean come on :) ) It would affect their performance for sure but then they would have to use a different approach in training and cutting for fighting in WC they don't really belong to.

Cheers

Archived