Weight limit question

Legrosfleau

You are allowed 1 "Grace pound" above and below the designated range for the division.

UNLESS it's a title fight.

For title fights you MUST make weight.

Cheers

-DR

I'm not too sure GSP/Penn 2 Penn only weighed 167lbs.

I'm not too sure GSP/Penn 2 Penn only weighed 167lbs.

That's within the range of a WW. 156-170.

You don't have to weigh exactly 170 etc...for a title fight...but you must be within the designated range for the division. So basically for title fights you have no grace pound...if you weigh in at 171...for a title fight you've got to cut the pound and officially weigh in within the WW limits. For a non-title fight you're okay to weigh 171.

Cheers

-DR

That's within the range of a WW. 156-170.

You don't have to weigh exactly 170 etc...for a title fight...but you must be within the designated range for the division. So basically for title fights you have no grace pound...if you weigh in at 171...for a title fight you've got to cut the pound and officially weigh in within the WW limits. For a non-title fight you're okay to weigh 171.

Cheers

-DR

Ok just the way you worded it before ;)

2 or 3 of the fighter at weight in were 1 pound heavier than limit.

It still went without a problem is it because the opposing fighter accepts it ?

I don't know how it works. I remember seeing some of them get naked to make weight so i am just wondering whats the limit.

i think it also depends on the State, some states give the 1lb over allowance and some don't not 100% on that though..

You are allowed 1 "Grace pound" above and below the designated range for the division.

UNLESS it's a title fight.

For title fights you MUST make weight.

Cheers

-DR

How much weight can a fighter put on on THE DAY of the ight? I read where GSP was going to coming in at 190lbs. That's twenty pounds in one day. I don't understand this part of the weigh in.

How much weight can a fighter put on on THE DAY of the ight? I read where GSP was going to coming in at 190lbs. That's twenty pounds in one day. I don't understand this part of the weigh in.

Okay...as it stands now...in all states but Massachusetts you can gain as much as you want/can on the day of the fight.

So in theory someone could weigh in at 170 let's say...and then come into the fight at 200...if the could actually survive that much dehydration. *Chuckle*

But the new regulation in Mass...with the double weigh-in...you can gain roughly...6.25% of what you weighed in at the previous day.

Here's a quote from an article about it... with a little break down..

The Massachusetts "double weigh-in" provision calls for a fighter to be weighed in no more than 36 hours before his fight and again on the night of the fight. The fighter cannot weigh more than 1.0625 times his initial weight on the second weigh-in.

The formula means the higher the weight' date=' the higher the allowable weight gain. For example, a fighter contracted to fight at 135 pounds can?t come in higher than 143.4375 pounds on fight night, 170 pounders cannot exceed 180.625, 205 pounders cannot exceed 217.8125 pounds, etc.[/i']

Hope that helps.

Cheers gentlemen

-DR

Okay...as it stands now...in all states but Massachusetts you can gain as much as you want/can on the day of the fight.

So in theory someone could weigh in at 170 let's say...and then come into the fight at 200...if the could actually survive that much dehydration. *Chuckle*

But the new regulation in Mass...with the double weigh-in...you can gain roughly...6.25% of what you weighed in at the previous day.

Here's a quote from an article about it... with a little break down..

The Massachusetts "double weigh-in" provision calls for a fighter to be weighed in no more than 36 hours before his fight and again on the night of the fight. The fighter cannot weigh more than 1.0625 times his initial weight on the second weigh-in.

The formula means the higher the weight' date=' the higher the allowable weight gain. For example, a fighter contracted to fight at 135 pounds can?t come in higher than 143.4375 pounds on fight night, 170 pounders cannot exceed 180.625, 205 pounders cannot exceed 217.8125 pounds, etc.[/i']

Hope that helps.

Cheers gentlemen

-DR

By that formula I guarantee you won't see many UFC fighters there. It's going to be sad because I don't think any fighter will be able to do that.

DR your thought's on that?

Archived