Jon Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC...

ShayneSmithMMA

Without a doubt in my mind Jon Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC who is shown on the main card. Yes, he wins fights but barely and in the most boring fashion. I cant remember the last time he was in an exciting fight, maybe GSP? And thats only cause he got man handled. Fitch almost lost to Mike Pierce but barely squeezed out a UD. If you look at his fight history its filled with UDs... If he doesnt have an exciting fight against Saunders i dont think he should get a title shot until he proves he can do more than take down and grind out a victory. What are your thoughts on Jon Fitch?

Let's hope saunders brings out the best in fitch. Saunders could take this tho. Both fighters won't know each others game that well due to the last minute change of opponent' date=' that will hopefully make this fight really open.[/quote']

I was really hoping that Alves would make Fitch have a not boring fight and I really hope Fitch stands with Saunders atleast for awhile, but i have a feeling that his game plan for Alves was to take him down every chance he got an GnP for the victory and I think he will bring that same game plan into the Saunders fight. I have a feeling this is gonna be another sleeper..

Boring, yes. But he deserves his place as second in the WW rankings because what matters are the wins. I dont like him and I always root against him, but one thing is one thing and another thing is another thing :P

If he was to fight Alves tonight, had he gotten the win he should have been the next to get a title shot imo. Now beating Saunders is not the same, so one more fight I guess. In this case you also have to see how other guys (like Daley) do in their next fight to see who gets the shot next.

Boring' date=' yes. But he deserves his place as second in the WW rankings because what matters are the wins. I dont like him and I always root against him, but one thing is one thing and another thing is another thing :P

If he was to fight Alves tonight, had he gotten the win he should have been the next to get a title shot imo. Now beating Saunders is not the same, so one more fight I guess. In this case you also have to see how other guys (like Daley) do in their next fight to see who gets the shot next.[/quote']

Id rather see winner of Daley vs Koscheck get the shot because atleast they will make the fight exciting.

Id rather see winner of Daley vs Koscheck get the shot because atleast they will make the fight exciting.

MMA is a sport, not a spectacle.

Fitch wins. Yes Fitch gets a lot of decision wins, but most of those wins are not in question. His only split was against Diego awhile back. A UD win shows he dominated the fight for the majority of the time.

Like his style or not until proven otherwise he is the best WW in the world not named GSP.

Fitch is not boring to watch...if you take the time to understand what he is doing and how well he does it. Personally, I think it's very impressive that a fighter can take an opponent down and control them for the entire fight.

If you don't enjoy the ground game you can't call yourself an MMA fan.

fitch goes in too a fight with a smart gameplan he hasnt been able to do that in his last fights for one cuz his opponents keep switching!!! he better than everyone but gsp. sorry he's not out there knocking everyone out but he's winning over an over again. so deal with it .

fitch goes in too a fight with a smart gameplan he hasnt been able to do that in his last fights for one cuz his opponents keep switching!!! he better than everyone but gsp. sorry he's not out there knocking everyone out but he's winning over an over again. so deal with it .

this^

Fitch is not boring to watch...if you take the time to understand what he is doing and how well he does it. Personally' date=' I think it's very impressive that a fighter can take an opponent down and control them for the entire fight.

If you don't enjoy the ground game you can't call yourself an MMA fan.[/quote']

perfectly said.

Ben Saunders gets a title shot if he beats Fitch? Really? thats bogus. Fitch better beat his a$$

If Kos Beats Daley i dont see how he does not get a title shot.

Paulo Thiago deserves a shot over Ben Saunders IMO.

perfectly said.

Ben Saunders gets a title shot if he beats Fitch? Really? thats bogus. Fitch better beat his a$$

If Kos Beats Daley i dont see how he does not get a title shot.

Paulo Thiago deserves a shot over Ben Saunders IMO.

Basically Dana has in the past rewarded people that step up on short notice like this. In this case he's stepping up to fight the #2 WW in the world. Only one way to reward a win.

Basically Dana has in the past rewarded people that step up on short notice like this. In this case he's stepping up to fight the #2 WW in the world. Only one way to reward a win.

KOS stepped up and fought Alves on short notice and lost for it.

KOS stepped up and fought rumble on short notice. Choked that fool out

COME ON DANA AFTER KOS TAKES OUT DALEY VIA TKO LETS GIVE KOS THE TITLE SHOT

Without a doubt in my mind Jon Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC who is shown on the main card. Yes' date=' he wins fights but barely and in the most boring fashion. I cant remember the last time he was in an exciting fight, maybe GSP? And thats only cause he got man handled. Fitch almost lost to Mike Pierce but barely squeezed out a UD. If you look at his fight history its filled with UDs... If he doesnt have an exciting fight against Saunders i dont think he should get a title shot until he proves he can do more than take down and grind out a victory. What are your thoughts on Jon Fitch?[/quote']

Boring? Yes

Competitive? Yes

Top fighter? Yes

Impressive record? Yes

Hardcore camp? Yes

Skilled training partners? Yes

Respectful? Yes

There is a lot more I could say about the controversal top fighter over at AKA. But, boring technique aside, I don't see how you couldn't like the guy. Without a doubt in my mind I place him as 2nd or 3rd best fighter in the WW division. I can't wait to see him fight tonight. :D

Without a doubt in my mind Jon Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC who is shown on the main card. Yes' date=' he wins fights but barely and in the most boring fashion. I cant remember the last time he was in an exciting fight, maybe GSP? And thats only cause he got man handled. [b']Fitch almost lost to Mike Pierce but barely squeezed out a UD[/b]. If you look at his fight history its filled with UDs... If he doesnt have an exciting fight against Saunders i dont think he should get a title shot until he proves he can do more than take down and grind out a victory. What are your thoughts on Jon Fitch?

I don't understand this. If he barely squeezed out a unanimous decision, it would still be a split decision, right? and still not a loss. That just means Fitch was the better fighter all three rounds.

MMA is a sport' date=' not a spectacle.

Fitch wins. Yes Fitch gets a lot of decision wins, but most of those wins are not in question. His only split was against Diego awhile back. A UD win shows he dominated the fight for the majority of the time.

Like his style or not until proven otherwise he is the best WW in the world not named GSP.[/quote']

+1. 100% agree. If you want to see someone stand and trade, go watch boxing. There is no way Daley should get a shot at the title before Fitch, especially if he beats Saunders.

He's literally sooo boring that people within the sports pub that I go to took their bathroom breaks during his fight. He laid on Pierce like he hadn't had sex in a year.

Seriously though, he's beyond boring, and what he calls grinding out a decision is basically laying on top of an opponent throughout the course of a fight.

Archived