Dan Hardy as champion bad image for UFC?

siwelewis

I saw in a thread someone commented saying something along the lines of if Dan was champ it would be a bad image for UFC he looks liek a punk rocker/carny person. Do you think he could be damaging for the UFC image though? At the end of the day its a brutal sport you either love it or hate it and just look at comments and some of the things Brock Lesnar has done? Surely he wouldn't be as negative an image for UFC as Brock has been at times?

I saw in a thread someone commented saying something along the lines of if Dan was champ it would be a bad image for UFC he looks liek a punk rocker/carny person. Do you think he could be damaging for the UFC image though? At the end of the day its a brutal sport you either love it or hate it and just look at comments and some of the things Brock Lesnar has done? Surely he wouldn't be as negative an image for UFC as Brock has been at times?

wouldn't it just have been easier, to post that on thread itself?

Dan has a red mohawk and wears an outlaw mask to the cage before each fight. That's it. Apart from that, he's a nice guy with a good sense of humour.

Based on appearance alone, Dan's image is no worse than having a champion with a mohawk and tattoos on his head, and Chuck Liddell is now known as one of the most influential figures in the growth in popularity of MMA.

Brock's image isn't bad, it's just his attitude. And if you ask me, it's far more damaging to have a champion who flips off the fans and denounces the sponsors than it is to have one who looks like a punk rocker.

Why?

What someone looks like has no bearing on how good of a champion they are , if Hardy can beat GSP ( BTW I doubt he will ) he deserves respect and admiration regardless of what he looks like .

This is a combat sport not a beauty pagent .Chances are if he does win he will be disliked anyway because GSP is loved by a lot of UFC/MMA fans and Hardy is English which brings a lot of prejudice for no reason anyway .

Lol no, I do not think he would give the ufc a bad image... the ufc already has a bad image in the general publics eyes... to them we are talking about an organization that pays two guys to get into a cage and beat the crap out of each other. That is how a good portion of the population views the ufc anyway like it or not. Im not a dan hardy fan, but I have to say I dont think he would represent the sport in a bad manner as a champ. Personally I love to hate guys like dan hardy, brock lesnar and the like, and I'm glad that there are characters like that in the sport.

lets let him become champ before even talking about this' date=' because this situation wont be happening so we might as well not talk about it at all[/quote']

but yea , ultimately just have to agree with this, I hope its a good fight though

Lol no' date=' I do not think he would give the ufc a bad image... the ufc already has a bad image in the general publics eyes... to them we are talking about an organization that pays two guys to get into a cage and beat the crap out of each other. That is how a good portion of the population views the ufc anyway like it or not. Im not a dan hardy fan, but I have to say I dont think he would represent the sport in a bad manner as a champ. Personally I love to hate guys like dan hardy, brock lesnar and the like, and I'm glad that there are characters like that in the sport.[/quote']

What makes Dan Hardy a hateable character like Brock? Aside from the Davis fight, I've always thought Dan came across quite well as a person.

Hardy is one of the most down to earth people ive seen in the UFC, he knows where he came from, and he doesnt act like hes better than anyone, he's the type of guy who wouldnt look down on other people less fortunate than himself. I truly believe he would be a great champion and represent MMA in a very good way. He's honest, and sincere... and those are just a few of the reasons why he deserves to be champion.

Everyone keeps talking about how respectful anderon silva is... now dont get me wrong, i think silva is a ****ing insane fighter, and i cant even understand how he is SO GOOD. and outside of the octagon he is very respectful, but midfight he is one of the ****iest twats there is, when he fought forrest, that was just plain disrespectful, like how he offered to help him up after knocking him down, then when forrest stood up on his own he shook his hand.

He knew he was that much better than forrest, and he dragged the fight out just to show how good he was, but what he didnt realise is how bad he made forrest look, he should of ended the fight sooner, rather than toy around shaking forrests hand and dragging te fight out longer than 15 seconds.

I wasnt sure about Hardy at first, until i watched his Q & A's thing on the ufc homepage after he beat swick and was told he had a title fight with GSP, the guy is seriously funny and down to earth. He still gets hyped up when he hears his name being called in the octagon. Hardy is really a true underdog story and he will not take anything he gets for granted, i think he could be one of the best UFC champions ever. (as a representative to the sport... however im still not sure if he has the talent to be champion... lets wait and see?)

your right, brock is on a whole other level personality wise, and the two arent even in the same catergory as far as that goes. Im just saying dan hardy is a character that knows how to stir the pot up, Hes just one of those fighters whos mouth and ****iness causes controversey, and for alot of people your either gonna like him or hate him for it. But yea hardy seems to come off as a decent person overall, and I think for the most part he is just trying to hype his fights, which is smart on his part ($$$).

No one thought anything bad about Ortiz back when his bandwagon was going strong' date=' so I don't see why they would think anything bad about Hardy. They only hate Lesnar because he was in WWF.[/quote']

No i dont care about WWF , is not why i realy dont like Lesnar .

I dont like him because what he do to his opponant after fight and is comment at ufc 100 make me lost all respect for him .

I will never buy a ppv with him in it . That the only way i can oppose my opinion to this kind of trash talk to the fan .

i dont know how dan hardy's appearance would be a bad image for the UFC. perhaps his previous antics (with davis) would create a bad appearance, although i doubt he would do those sort of things if he were champion. discriminating someone because of their hair style is a very ignorant thing to do, grow up.

EDIT: i keep reading "punk rocker", are you guys like 70 years old? jesus christ, people annoy the hell out of me.

Dan hardy looks like a bad act in a 1980s local Pro wrestling match....masks....lol....

you can put a suit on him and he still looks like a punk rocker...

Chuck Liddell...i dont care for his mohawk...but it sure doesnt look as bad as that tall red looking thing...hardy wears.....plus chuck liddells Mowhawk is overshadowed by the fact....he is a champion and he doesnt wear a mask.....lol

Outlaw of what...lol there are no cowboys in England.

No one thought anything bad about Ortiz back when his bandwagon was going strong' date=' so I don't see why they would think anything bad about Hardy. They only hate Lesnar because he was in WWF.[/quote']

I hate lesnar because he spits into the camera and shows no sportsman ship. I swear when he did that i wanted to put an ice pick through his spinal cord. hes disrespectful, and thats why people dont like him

Dan hardy looks like a bad act in a 1980s local Pro wrestling match....masks....lol....

Chuck Liddell...i dont care for his mohawk...but it sure doesnt look as bad as that tall red looking thing...hardy wears.....plus chuck liddells Mowhawk is overshadowed by the fact....he is a champion and he doesnt wear a mask.....lol

dude thats funny, but outlaw doesnt mean cowboy. that is pretty funny though.

but people shouldnt care how a fighter looks. the red mohawk is his trademark if you will.

dude thats funny' date=' but outlaw doesnt mean cowboy. that is pretty funny though.

but people shouldnt care how a fighter looks. the red mohawk is his trademark if you will.[/quote']

Im not worried.....lol after tonight....we wont hear much about dan Hardy.

Yeah why would somone from Nottingham call themselves Outlaw its not like there are any references to any Outlaws being from that area of the UK:rolleyes:

Yeah why would somone from Nottingham call themselves Outlaw its not like there are any references to any Outlaws being from that area of the UK:rolleyes:

haha yh Robin hood the most famous outlaw in the whole of england. He has also explained many times for his nickname

Hmmm yeah that makes no sense at all outlaws in England !? In Nottingham !!? Crazy stuff its not like there have even been any films about it or anything or books , maybe if he robs GSP he will donate his purse to charity ;)

Nah he'd be fine. I thought he was a ****y bastard before... and he is...lol but he seems like a good guy and has a good work ethic.

Archived