Sign in to follow this  
McBottery

New Breed of Heavyweights

I don't know about anyone else, but as of late these 265 fighters are just frustrating to watch. I feel like this division is much less about skill and much more about power. The lower weight classes, and even the lighter heavyweights, you can just tell the way the fight goes is so much more based off skill compared to this.

To me, it's just frustrating the lack of actual fighting and technique we see here.

Just another reason why they really need to add a 235 class... I'de rather watch some skilled heavyweights rather than a bunch of gorillas competing to see who is stronger...

I don't know about anyone else' date=' but as of late these 265 fighters are just frustrating to watch. I feel like this division is much less about skill and much more about power. The lower weight classes, and even the lighter heavyweights, you can just tell the way the fight goes is so much more based off skill compared to this.

To me, it's just frustrating the lack of actual fighting and technique we see here.

Just another reason why they really need to add a 235 class... I'de rather watch some skilled heavyweights rather than a bunch of gorillas competing to see who is stronger...[/quote']

This sounds like a bitter Mir Fan, surely a 2 time all american is a skilled athlete?

This sounds like a bitter Mir Fan' date=' surely a 2 time all american is a skilled athlete?[/quote']

Actually I just wanted to see a good fight.

Any other weight division someone lands a shot like that, he turns his head and keeps going, people aren't afraid to get hit with 1 shot because the fight will probably end.

They just aren't fun to watch. Guarantee in this Hardy-GSP fight right here, GSP will land a very similar punch to what Carwin landed, and the fight will continue like nothing happened.

Actually I just wanted to see a good fight.

Any other weight division someone lands a shot like that' date=' he turns his head and keeps going, people aren't afraid to get hit with 1 shot because the fight will probably end.

They just aren't fun to watch. Guarantee in this Hardy-GSP fight right here, GSP will land a very similar punch to what Carwin landed, and the fight will continue like nothing happened.[/quote']

It wasnt really one shot that dropped him was it? it was like 5 strong uppercuts

paul daley has 1 punch KO power, do u say he is boring and unskilled too?

It wasnt really one shot that dropped him was it? it was like 5 strong uppercuts

paul daley has 1 punch KO power' date=' do u say he is boring and unskilled too?[/quote']

Paul Daley's power doesn't allow him to end all his fights in ~1 minute.

We have actually seen him show some skill. Not saying Carwin is a bad fighter, but if it was his skill level in a different weight class where he didn't have the power, he wouldn't be at the top.