Mir

TEMPE

LMAO did he even throw a punch.?.?.? what an idot. I still cant believe that he just stood there.

Mir is still my favorite fighter ...but got too relaxed against the cage and gave carwin too much space...

His take down defense looked better.

Hell be back .....he will fight brock after Carwin knocks him out.

I think it would be a wise decision when Franks contract runs out with the UFC to go to Strikeforce, because i highly doubt he will ever get another title shot at this point. He would also be a huge attraction to StrikeForce Fedor vs Mir? Overeem vs Mir? Werdrum vs Mir ect, anyways maybe its too soon to say something like this . Any thoughts on his next fight what makes sense for him? Cain? JDS? winner of Nelson and Struve ? Todd Duffee? I really do not know but after getting dominated by Lesnar twice and now Carwin i just do not see him having the future he wants/plans/dreams , of having . On that note i feel Mirs next fight should be against former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga your thoughts?

And my props to Carwin that was pritty sick victory Lesnar and him are going to have a war.

Take care

I think it would be a wise decision when Franks contract runs out with the UFC to go to Strikeforce' date=' because i highly doubt he will ever get another title shot at this point. He would also be a huge attraction to StrikeForce Fedor vs Mir? Overeem vs Mir? Werdrum vs Mir ect, anyways maybe its too soon to say something like this . Any thoughts on his next fight what makes sense for him? Cain? JDS? winner of Nelson and Struve ? Todd Duffee? I really do not know but after getting dominated by Lesnar twice and now Carwin i just do not see him having the future he wants/plans/dreams , of having . On that note i feel Mirs next fight should be against former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga your thoughts?

And my props to Carwin that was pritty sick victory Lesnar and him are going to have a war.

Take care[/quote']

Well, Mir didn't get beat by lesnar twice. They fought twice, ending with a 1 win for mir and 1 for lesnar. To me, while watching the fight, Mir was more concerned with this fight going into later rounds. He just stood there and nodded at the ref. Mir was looking for a 5 round fight while Carwin was looking for the KO as early as he could. That was Mir's down fall. Carwin looking for the 1st round KO, while Mir was looking for the entire 5 round fight. Win Carwin. Great fight Carwin the best of luck to you.

I think it would be a wise decision when Franks contract runs out with the UFC to go to Strikeforce' date=' because i highly doubt he will ever get another title shot at this point. He would also be a huge attraction to StrikeForce Fedor vs Mir? Overeem vs Mir? Werdrum vs Mir ect, anyways maybe its too soon to say something like this . Any thoughts on his next fight what makes sense for him? Cain? JDS? winner of Nelson and Struve ? Todd Duffee? I really do not know but after getting dominated by Lesnar twice and now Carwin i just do not see him having the future he wants/plans/dreams , of having . On that note i feel Mirs next fight should be against former title contender Gabriel Gonzaga your thoughts?

Take care[/quote']

Well, Mir didn't get beat by lesnar twice. They fought twice, ending with a 1 win for mir and 1 for lesnar. To me, while watching the fight, Mir was more concerned with this fight going into later rounds. He just stood there and nodded at the ref. Mir was looking for a 5 round fight while Carwin was looking for the KO as early as he could. That was Mir's down fall. Carwin looking for the 1st round KO, while Mir was looking for the entire 5 round fight. Win Carwin. Great fight Carwin the best of luck to you. I'd like to see Mir vs Gonzaga.

I was surprised big time when i saw the fight, i was thinking mir was gonna win.Mir just got completely smashed there.

I hope he can rebound from this horrible loss and come back to fight brock later down the road.

Well' date=' Mir didn't get beat by lesnar twice. They fought twice, ending with a 1 win for mir and 1 for lesnar. To me, while watching the fight, Mir was more concerned with this fight going into later rounds. He just stood there and nodded at the ref. Mir was looking for a 5 round fight while Carwin was looking for the KO as early as he could. That was Mir's down fall. Carwin looking for the 1st round KO, while Mir was looking for the entire 5 round fight. Win Carwin. Great fight Carwin the best of luck to you. I'd like to see Mir vs Gonzaga.[/quote']

Well i said he got dominated twice he obviously won one and lost one but he did not look good beating lesnar the first time? and it was obvious once lesnar trained a little he would smash mir? but thanks for trying to correct me lol.

Let's face it....Mir....made the same mistake a lot of other former champions and champions have made. He has got away from what makes him one of the top heavyweights in the world; His BJJ - Seriously why does he think he is a stand up fighter recently, he should of been looking to shoot or pull gaurd and submit carwin.... Why exchange with the guy who knocks everyone out??? Dumb! Like Matt Hughes when he lost his title to GSP - he wanted to stand and exchange....you're a wrestler dude...stick with that.

Mir gives doesn't give enough respect to his opponets. He's always so ****ing arrogant and ****y that he doesn't realize when he's in a bad position. Pisses me off really' date=' always has that stupid ****ing look on his face, thinking he's invincible.[/quote']

my thoughts exactly

Let's face it....Mir....made the same mistake a lot of other former champions and champions have made. He has got away from what makes him one of the top heavyweights in the world; His BJJ - Seriously why does he think he is a stand up fighter recently' date=' he should of been looking to shoot or pull gaurd and submit carwin.... Why exchange with the guy who knocks everyone out??? Dumb! Like Matt Hughes when he lost his title to GSP - he wanted to stand and exchange....you're a wrestler dude...stick with that.[/quote']

1.It would be impossible for Mir to take Carwin down.

2.Nobody wants Carwin on top of them , not Fedor, Mir, Nog , it is just not a good place to be with his power and heavy hands.

3.Mirs game plan was to stick and move and lure Carwin into the later wrongs where he felt hed be gassed then pick him apart ( witch was a good plan). Carwin just got him up against the cage and dirty boxed the *** out of him.

4. There is nothing wrong with Mir wanting to be a Mixed Martial Artist, Mir honestly felt he had better striking just not as much power and would reign victorious on the feet.

Mir is still my favorite fighter ...but got too relaxed against the cage and gave carwin too much space...

His take down defense looked better.

Hell be back .....he will fight brock after Carwin knocks him out.[/
QUOTE]

Yep...... He will return as Mir 5.0 and once again get smashed

Mir is done. It's as simple as that. Don't give me that "He looked great against Kongo!" crap either. Kongo is not on the level of the top tier heavyweights and neither is Mir anymore. I'm sure we'll hear some sort of lame excuse like, "Lesnar made a voodoo doll of me and was poking it with pins during my fight, I wasn't knocked out, I was paralyzed by his voodoo magic." Mir needs to pack it up and let fighters that deserve to be in the title picture fight. I guess there's always room on the undercard, I do enjoy watching him get hit in the face. He's like the arrogant jock in high school, he talks all sorts of crap but when it's go time he gets shut off faster than a lightswitch.

Mir is done. It's as simple as that. Don't give me that "He looked great against Kongo!" crap either. Kongo is not on the level of the top tier heavyweights and neither is Mir anymore. I'm sure we'll hear some sort of lame excuse like' date=' "Lesnar made a voodoo doll of me and was poking it with pins during my fight, I wasn't knocked out, I was paralyzed by his voodoo magic." Mir needs to pack it up and let fighters that deserve to be in the title picture fight. I guess there's always room on the undercard, I do enjoy watching him get hit in the face. He's like the arrogant jock in high school, he talks all sorts of crap but when it's go time he gets shut off faster than a lightswitch.[/quote']

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly. I love watching him catch a beat down. JDS, Velasquez, and a return bout with Lesnar would all likely end in loses. I'm ok with him being a stepping stone for the real fighters in HW.

Well' date=' Mir didn't get beat by lesnar twice. They fought twice, ending with a 1 win for mir and 1 for lesnar. To me, while watching the fight, Mir was more concerned with this fight going into later rounds. He just stood there and nodded at the ref. Mir was looking for a 5 round fight while Carwin was looking for the KO as early as he could. That was Mir's down fall. Carwin looking for the 1st round KO, while Mir was looking for the entire 5 round fight. Win Carwin. Great fight Carwin the best of luck to you. I'd like to see Mir vs Gonzaga.[/quote']

Mir "technically" won the first fight but he did get the hell beat out of him. That fight could have been stopped when he was eating all those fists in the face. The judge was Mazzagatti after all. Anyway hopefully we'll see Lesnar/Mir 3 for fun even if it isn't for the title.

Archived