Sign in to follow this  
Wiggs905

GSP Boring

Gsp is fitch's twin brother! Will gsp dominate and control middleweights as easy as this. Personally I don't think so. He'll do well but the extra weight and strenghth of middleweights will be a problem for him.

in my opinion GSP is boring. Didnt even try and strike. Sound like a P4P champ? not too me.

But he can strike. And he's shown it. He knows that Hardy's best chance is standing, so why risk it? That's just stupid. GSP is smart and he's fighting exactly how he should.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

gsps match was some what boring but at least he did something unlike fitch. fitch was just straight up boring. a few guys here at my house slept through the match lol.

I love GSP, but when you fight a guy with only 4 UFC fights, do something to make it worth our money. Hopefully the Brit$ are all excited now, which was the whole point of giving Hardy a shot.

gsps match was some what boring but at least he did something unlike fitch. fitch was just straight up boring. a few guys here at my house slept through the match lol.

I thought Jon Fitch's fight was more exciting. Though I did enjoy watching the grappling ability of GSP.

H'es boring because he won't break his arm? If he was another fighter hardy would be walking away with a broken arm and a dislocated shoulder at this point but gsp is happy with just breaking his will.

Hardcore fan man.. Put Jon Jones up against the grease monkey..

Ohh a BJ penn delusional fan what a surprise .

Go on bj website and hug is nuts with is comment about steroid , go make a fool or urself with him u will enjoy smelling is nuts .

GSP can strike i no. But this guy is going round saying wants to be the best P4P fighter ever but he couldn't even finish Dan Hardy who was a 6/1 underdog. He needs too mix it more in my opinion!

Where is dan mirglliotta to stand gsp up when you need him!

PLUS FCUKING ONE

lol....

but that was boring, great technically and amazingly skilled....

first 2 rounds i liked, kind of faded in and out for the rest (rewinded a few times)....

but yea, boring

I love GSP' date=' but when you fight a guy with only 4 UFC fights, do something to make it worth our money. Hopefully the Brit$ are all excited now, which was the whole point of giving Hardy a shot.[/quote']

+1

isn't gsp a millionaire now.....

GSP does it one more time.. 5 rounds laying on top , doesnt even try to strike with the guy. I just dont get it , dan hardy isnt even supposed to be a top top striker .

Whats wrong with gsp , from now on he should be called george "decision" st pierre

It wasn't as boring as the Fitch fight but I think GSP could have done more to try and finish. I don't have anything against the grappling aspect of the sport but would like to see it used as a means to finish and not just grind out decisions. I think the corner of GSP was discouraging him from actually finishing the fight.

Indeed' date=' GSP's wrestling ability is out of this world and is amazing to watch, in my opinion.[/quote']

it may not be the most entertaining but he is Great on the Ground, i wish he would actually fight though, and push to make it better for the fans, Hardy can ko him and Gsp couldnt even Finish him on the ground to me that means Hardy deserves more Respect

I seriously don't know how you guys can call that boring, arguably the smartest fighter in MMA pulling off a flawless gameplan. He caught Hardy in 2 seemingly inescapable positions. Georges fought smart and did what he had to do to finish the fight. If Hardy hadn't been fighting the champ and was just fighting against some Joe Shmoe he would of tapped. But he was fighting GSP and it was the opportunity of a lifetime. I give mad props to Hardy for amazing heart and determination, but he got dominated by GSP in what I thought was an exciting fight.

I'm a huge GSP fan but Fitch did more then GSP. He was reigning down punches and elbows constantly. And I mean come on, you aren't gonna stand with Ben Saunders for any ammount of time and risk getting those knees in the face. The crowd boo'd the hell out of Fitch but in all honesty he did more work then GSP which the crowd were behind.

At least GSP isn't impressed by his performance. He isn't proud of his win, so that's respectful.

GSP does it one more time.. 5 rounds laying on top ' date=' doesnt even try to strike with the guy. I just dont get it , dan hardy isnt even supposed to be a top top striker .

Whats wrong with gsp , from now on he should be called george "decision" st pierre[/quote']

All anyone has ever mentioned when talking about Hardy is his striking. Sure, I would have loved to see more stand up but you can't blame GSP for wanting to take the fight to where he would be dominate.

it may not be the most entertaining but he is Great on the Ground' date=' i wish he would actually fight though, and push to make it better for the fans, Hardy can ko him and Gsp couldnt even Finish him on the ground to me that means Hardy deserves more Respect[/quote']

People who put on fights for the fans aren't champions.

ok everyone. you all need to shut up about GSP. he attacked Hardys weakness. and he did it well, just like he did to alves. he attackes their weakness. its not like hes going to risk the chance of getting hit and ko'ed so all you fans can say hey, at least he tried to strike with him. HELL, if i were GSP i would NEVER strike. i would but i would never use it unless i could never ever get a takedown. i would just be a strict BJJ and wrestling. thats all you need if your GSP. his standup is good to but his wrestling is so great. the best of the best. You guys are all mad thought because he didnt give you what u wanted him to give you. i bet he could have broke both his arms with armbars and than ko'ed hardy because hardy suks so bad. the only competiton george has is BJ PENN or someone like anderson silva. i still think BJ is the only one. anderson doesn't have good enough takedown defence and i think the only way he could win is with his striking(which they would never do) or by a lucky submission when george takes him down. GO GSP! #1 P4P

it says something when Hardy gets more fans from that fight then GSP . GSP for me did not for 1 min want to stand up with hardy and do you think Gsp would have tapped in the same positions he put hardy in hes a p****y anyway all that matters i suppose is that GSP won easy lol with good but not very exciting technique the guy will not get beat any time soon

I actually thought it was a good fight. Very good display of wrestling. I respect the fact that GSP tried to end the fight via submission. He didn't try and work for a (T)KO Victory and I can understand why he didn't finish the fight, given Hardy's seemingly invincible arms. I am definitely happy with the main event tonight.

Gsp impressed me. Any other man would of tapped twice to both of those submissions. You can't say Gsps boring after he clearly disobeyed Greg Jacksons gameplan to stay in guard and wait till the last 30 seconds to go for the finish. Shame that Hardy didn't tap. I would of liked Gsp to go for an arm triangle.

**** GSP ever sense he got ****ed up by serra he just lays on mother****ers hey dana you dumb ***** why wont you ***** at GSP for not making a good fight like you did anderson silva

Sadly we have mma fans here who don't understand the fundamentals of the mma world.I don't think gsps aim was to try and prolong the fight through 5 rounds,attempt submissions that were so severe and looked dangerous,and just pull out a victory.Like Joe Rogan said MEATHEAD FACTOR.Everyone that is so simple minded when it comes to mma and the ground game.Need to watch something else.To be honest.I knew this thread was going to be posted.Before the fight.I'm surprised there isn't a thread about dan hardys eye getting poked,and that's why he lost.If you can't respect mma for what it is.Don't even bother with it.Meatheads only post threads like this.Obviously dan hardy loses.It was a given.I have respect for him though.He actually survived.I was chanted to break his arm.Just so I wouldn't have to read this stupid post....

No way Fitch did more than GSP. Other than the submission attempts the fights were almost identical but for some reason I wasn't as bored for the GSP fight. At least during the title fight I believed there might be a finish at some point whereas with Fitch I knew better.

clearly u are a casual fan

yeah a u are abviously an MMA god..

stop being so holier-than-thou... its casual fans.. that turn into hardcore fans...

u were also a casual fan at a time.. !!

yeah a u are abviously an MMA god..

stop being so holier-than-thou... its casual fans.. that turn into hardcore fans...

u were also a casual fan at a time.. !!

So what u still a casual fan , take it like a man or leave this forum .

Sadly we have mma fans here who don't understand the fundamentals of the mma world.I don't think gsps aim was to try and prolong the fight through 5 rounds' date='attempt submissions that were so severe and looked dangerous,and just pull out a victory.Like Joe Rogan said MEATHEAD FACTOR.Everyone that is so simple minded when it comes to mma and the ground game.Need to watch something else.To be honest.I knew this thread was going to be posted.Before the fight.I'm surprised there isn't a thread about dan hardys eye getting poked,and that's why he lost.If you can't respect mma for what it is.Don't even bother with it.Meatheads only post threads like this.Obviously dan hardy loses.It was a given.I have respect for him though.He actually survived.I was chanted to break his arm.Just so I wouldn't have to read this stupid post....[/quote']

dude i am fan for over a decade now.. and i LOVE the ground game....and i am canadian....but that was NOT mma or GNP... that was pure grappling... the only criteria GSP won was "octogon control" HARDY looked just fine... and like always... GSP said "sorry fans"

Glad I didnt pay 49.99 too watch GSP rub n1pples with Hardy. Carwin Mir was nice tho

gsp dominated and wrestled a good striker.gsp is not boring but a smart fighter.

I am not going to pay to watch gsp again until he learns to stand up and fight! I am tired of seeing him dry **** his competitors. What a joke. He is not a champion just a *****!!!

in my opinion GSP is boring. Didnt even try and strike. Sound like a P4P champ? not too me.

You don't have to strike to be P4P best... This is also coming from a striker. I love striking alot but ground game can and is just exiting to watch.

Well done GSP and props to hardy

gsp might have won but joe saying he dominated is just a load of crap.

lol you might as well let that be your first and last post :rolleyes:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Boring? That was text book domination. Give credit to Hardy, huge heart but he should of kept his big mouth shut cause he looked amateur.

ruzmeister likes men if he thinks GSP is good!!! GSP is a wimp as get can't stand and pound. He can't even ground and pound just layes on his appointents...GSP is so Borning to watch. LAST PAPER VIEW I EVER BUY IF GSP IS FIGHTING

I thought the 1st round was very fight exciting, the rest of the fight seemed too get a little stale for me, GSP was just too much for Hardy with his takedowns, thats the bottom line really. I wanted Hardy too win and im gutted he didnt but he gained alot more fans tonite than gsp is have to say.

Hardly will be back, and hopefully gsp will move up where the competition will be able too defend the takedowns abit better