Sign in to follow this  
Wiggs905

GSP Boring

How the F*ck is it not mma.If it was your favorite fighter.I'm pretty sure you'd say it was.To be honest he's not even my favorite fighter.He was attempting submissions.Hardy wouldn't tap.That is not mma?you watching this for a decade.Should realize this.If not.Pitty man.He wrestled him to the canvas.You know it's not that easy to completely finish someone who isn't even willing to submit.You can only do so much.I'm pretty sure if gsp wanted too.He could of broke both arms.That isn't mma?WTF

I was not impressed with GSP tonight, I have no quarms with fighters taking it to the ground but he barely threw a punch the entire fight. Two submission attempts in five rounds is not impressive for a so called p4p best fighter in the world, yes he dominated but it was hardly in devestating fashion, it shocks me how anybody can be entertained by such a fighting style.

I understand that St-Pierre was going for submissions but you would think after four rounds of failing he may try something else.

Indeed' date=' GSP's wrestling ability is out of this world and is amazing to watch, in my opinion.[/quote']

Then why doesn't he wrestle in amateur wrestling? To me GSP and the refs of his fights are an embarrassment to MMA. Fight should have been stood up. No Doubt. Have to admit great lay n pray tho.

God-damn some people are hard to please.

St-Pierre locked in a very tight armbar in the first round but Hardy just wouldn't tap. GSP locked in another tight submission in a kimura, but Hardy wouldn't tap.

Just because GSP is a smart fighter rather than someone who just swings for the fences, that makes him boring? There are only so many ways to win, and knowing Dan has heavy hands St-Pierre went the only other way possible: takedowns.

It was pure domination, and sure I think most fans are a little disapointed he didn't finish the fight but if it was a normal fighter as opposed to one of the crazy bastards who doesn't tap then it would have been over in the first.

dude i am fan for over a decade now.. and i LOVE the ground game....and i am canadian....but that was NOT mma or GNP... that was pure grappling... the only criteria GSP won was "octogon control" HARDY looked just fine... and like always... GSP said "sorry fans"

Were you even watching the fight? Hardy protected himself very well. To say gsp never threw any gnp is laughable. Gsp landed a significant amount of elbows and punches. Hardy just did very well at tangling up his arms.

how did he dominate when all he did was take him down. There's more to ufc than takedowns and just because it was my first post doesn't mean i havn't seen a fight before.

Then why doesn't he wrestle in amateur wrestling? To me GSP and the refs of his fights are an embarrassment to MMA. Fight should have been stood up. No Doubt. Have to admit great lay n pray tho.

Why should it be stood up? Wrestling is part of MMA, and therefore fighters need to learn to deal with it. If St-Pierre can take people down over and over, and keep them there for extended periods of time, that's testament to his wrestling pedigree.

Just because some fans don't like the ground game doesn't automatically mean it should be stood up. If it was a case of GSP lying there without trying to submit or deal damage, then I would agree. However he tried to finish, but Hardy was a crazy bastard who just wouldn't submit.

Carwin vs Lesnar I guess they will take turns pushing against the cage and hockey fighting each other. Fitch was the same laying on his opponent for the whole fight. St. Pierre is getting like watching a Winky Wright fight, he will win but not very exciting. You know there will not be an end to the fight until time runs out. I wanna say this too, St. Peirre obviously doesn't have killer instinct. I mean he should have broken Hardy's arm there. If you are not going to then you will be beaten because no one will fear you if you get a submission attempt. That may sound mean but you gotta end it there and put that fear in everyones heart that will fight you.

I love the gsp haters.Either way.He won.He made hardy look like a little girl getting tackled to the canvas.If you can't accept gsp just owning hardy.Then that's your problem.In perspective.He won it.Easily.That surprises you?Or does it make you upset.No matter wtf you say.Gsp outclassed him.Hardy I have respect for,but sadly I don't have respect for the narrow minded mma fans we have here on this site.You say gsp is boring.Hardy was actually boring.He didn't even throw.He had time to throw his punches and combinations and didn't.It takes two to tango not one.Just cause gsp is way better at an aspect of the game.Doesn't mean he's boring.Even then.Hardy is somewhat good at the ground.He had the heart to not tap.Next time I say gsp break his arm.So we don't hear these idiots cry about their fighter losing.

man i like GSP, but he could of finished this fight quick i mean seriously bj pen is way better than hardy will ever b on the ground and for hardy to have survived that long just watch the GSP vs Bj and then watch GSP vs Hardy im not happy at all!

Does the UK allow Hardy back into the country? I would not! That was humilating! He never hit GSP once. All he kept saying was that people gave GSP too much respect and feared him. I saw a punk across the ring as scared and confused as hell.

Oh yes! Big props for not tapping. Are you kidding! If you had tapped the first time it would not have been as humilating. But to be put on the mat more times than a starving hooker then offer up prision sex (have never seen anyone give up their back that many times).

GSP did what he had to do, how many takedowns was that? I lost count around 8. He tried to end it often, but that idiot thought for some unknown reason that people would respect him for not tapping. PLEASE!

So much for Hardy's take down defense. So much for his striking. Strikeforce awaits.

People are not challenging GSP. They need to step up. His striking is only going to get better as long as he continues to fight and for those who like knock outs, that will come.

This crap about telling him to leave the UFC or move up in weight is garbage. Did people tell Gretzky out of the league because he was too good, dide we ask Jordan to take some time off.

People need to start pounding on the challengers more, not the champ. He is winning, and last time I checked takedowns and ring control were intrigal parts of the scoring in MMA.

Now, someone

Were you even watching the fight? Hardy protected himself very well. To say gsp never threw any gnp is laughable. Gsp landed a significant amount of elbows and punches. Hardy just did very well at tangling up his arms.

that is laughable, I would be surprised if GSP landed more than 10 shots a round.

GSP is defintiely the true champion of the Ultimate TAKEDOWN Championship! Go and join the Canadian olympic wrestling team Georges. London 2012 fits you much better than the UFC.

Because amature Wrestling doesn't pay you $400,000 + a cut of the PPV for winning you clown. Now get out of here till you learn what lay and prey really means you scrub.

Does the UK allow Hardy back into the country? I would not! That was humilating! He never hit GSP once. All he kept saying was that people gave GSP too much respect and feared him. I saw a punk across the ring as scared and confused as hell.

Oh yes! Big props for not tapping. Are you kidding! If you had tapped the first time it would not have been as humilating. But to be put on the mat more times than a starving hooker then offer up prision sex (have never seen anyone give up their back that many times).

GSP did what he had to do' date=' how many takedowns was that? I lost count around 8. He tried to end it often, but that idiot thought for some unknown reason that people would respect him for not tapping. PLEASE!

So much for Hardy's take down defense. So much for his striking. Strikeforce awaits.

People are not challenging GSP. They need to step up. His striking is only going to get better as long as he continues to fight and for those who like knock outs, that will come.

This crap about telling him to leave the UFC or move up in weight is garbage. Did people tell Gretzky out of the league because he was too good, dide we ask Jordan to take some time off.

People need to start pounding on the challengers more, not the champ. He is winning, and last time I checked takedowns and ring control were intrigal parts of the scoring in MMA.

Now, someone[/quote']

That was a boring fight there is no denying it and there was only one man to blame for that.

Indeed' date=' GSP's wrestling ability is out of this world and is amazing to watch, in my opinion.[/quote']

yeah man his control on the ground is amazing to watch. I hate when people only want to watch stand up i like everything boxing,muay thai, wrestling, and Bjj but i was impressed that hardy didnt tap his arm was about to snap

gsp was scared of dan hardy stand up,it was an extremly boring fight and if gsp wants to be the best, hes going to have to start fighting like it.that was not mma fighting it was college wrestling.

that is laughable' date=' I would be surprised if GSP landed more than 10 shots a round.[/quote']

It would seem you give no credit to Dan for having very good submission and ground control defense. Too bad because he deserves much credit for that.

If GSP had half the heart or determination Hardy had he would have kept the fight on the feet in the fourth and fifth rounds. GSP has a good striking game but was too much of a coward to display it. He needs to start taking more risks to keep his status as one of the worlds pound for pound best.

this is a hardy thread lol...Go cry about gsp winning.It's all you can do.Better yet.Think of many reasons why hardy lost cause he sucks at take down defense.He just needs to go back to the gym that's all.It's not gsps fault.I have a lot of respect for hardy,but that is just how real it is.Hardy has no takedown defense.He talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk.All he can do is strike.And not tap.Wow.What a future champ he would of been if he knocked out gsp..............Right?

Im glad I paid 49.99 it was well worth it for a true fan. Lots of great fights. GSP was awesome!!! Although I did feel like Mark got screwed in his fight.

Glad I didnt pay 49.99 too watch GSP rub n1pples with Hardy. Carwin Mir was nice tho

Sadly we have mma fans here who don't understand the fundamentals of the mma world.I don't think gsps aim was to try and prolong the fight through 5 rounds' date='attempt submissions that were so severe and looked dangerous,and just pull out a victory.Like Joe Rogan said MEATHEAD FACTOR.Everyone that is so simple minded when it comes to mma and the ground game.Need to watch something else.To be honest.I knew this thread was going to be posted.Before the fight.I'm surprised there isn't a thread about dan hardys eye getting poked,and that's why he lost.If you can't respect mma for what it is.Don't even bother with it.Meatheads only post threads like this.Obviously dan hardy loses.It was a given.I have respect for him though.He actually survived.I was chanted to break his arm.Just so I wouldn't have to read this stupid post....[/quote']

^^smartest thing posted yet i was saying the same thing BREAK IT! many others would have...

ruzmeister likes men if he thinks GSP is good!!! GSP is a wimp as get can't stand and pound. He can't even ground and pound just layes on his appointents...GSP is so Borning to watch. LAST PAPER VIEW I EVER BUY IF GSP IS FIGHTING

lol,you really create a new account just to diss me,funny.but no one is forcing you to buy ppv and watch gsp,if you don't appreciate mma the try wwe wherein you'll see fantastic finishing moves.and next time learn to spell first before dissing other people.:D

Because amature Wrestling doesn't pay you $400' date='000 + a cut of the PPV for winning you clown. Now get out of here till you learn what lay and prey really means you scrub.[/quote']

Why aren't other fighters allowed to lay n pray then? I'm an MMA scholar and just call like I see it with my scholarly MMA eyes.

He tried to end it often' date=' but that idiot thought for some unknown reason that people would respect him for not tapping. PLEASE!

[/quote']

He tried too finish and couldnt, thats the bottom line, he tried hard too get hardy too tap.

you whole post made you sound like ur the one who wants too be held down by GSP and raped

yeah man his control on the ground is amazing to watch. I hate when people only want to watch stand up i like everything boxing' date='muay thai, wrestling, and Bjj but i was impressed that hardy didnt tap his arm was about to snap[/quote']

what impresses me is a fighter that mixed up his boxing muay thai with wrestling and bjj and thats what gsp does thats whats mma is

Glad I didnt pay 49.99 too watch GSP rub n1pples with Hardy. Carwin Mir was nice tho

Go away with your lame thread. GSP owned Hardy in every aspect. It was Hardy's fault he lost too.. he didnt attack in standup at all, but he did win alot of new fans showing his toughness for 5 rounds not tapping once. Hat off to Hardy. The only person I see giving GSP a decent challence is Josh Koscheck, who has since improved and is already strong in the wrestling department.

listen if gsp wants to be the best fighter in the world he has to be able to strike!!!!!! there is NO way around it!!!!! he did not prove tonight that he was a MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST he proved he is a great wrestler but not that hes the best p4p fighter.

If GSP had half the heart or determination Hardy had he would have kept the fight on the feet in the fourth and fifth rounds. GSP has a good striking game but was too much of a coward to display it. He needs to start taking more risks to keep his status as one of the worlds pound for pound best.

The reasons GSP is still champion and no one can put a dent in him is because he fights the smart fight. Only a complete moron would risk letting the challenger have a chance. The stand up is the only chance Hardy had and GSP is smart enough and talented enough to realize this. Too bad you aren't noob.

He tried too finish and couldnt' date=' thats the bottom line, he tried hard too get hard too tap.

you whole post made you sound like ur the one who wants too be held down by GSP and raped[/quote']

LMAO.The only reason why this thread was created.Was to vent out their feelings on gsp.No matter what anyone says to sink into their skull about gsp just totally dominating.It won't make a difference.They will keep saying this to make themselves feel better about the hardy loss.Anyone that really respects fights.Will say ya it was a good fight.Hardy has heart,and well deserving.I'm pretty sure hardy isn't crying as much as you guys are to be honest.He was humble.Props to Hardy.

listen if gsp wants to be the best fighter in the world he has to be able to strike!!!!!! there is NO way around it!!!!! he did not prove tonight that he was a MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST he proved he is a great wrestler but not that hes the best p4p fighter.

Yes exactly, because he is no where close to being best p4p fighter. Maybe best lay n pray fighter..... But the referees have take some credit for that status as well.

Listen if gsp fought a crazy striker he would take him down if he fought a crazy bjj fighter he would stand with him he makes all the chances on his side thats what he do if you fight gsp look at what your good at

Yes exactly' date=' because he is no where close to being best p4p fighter. Maybe best lay n pray fighter..... But the referees have take some credit for that status as well.[/quote']

Lay and prey would be not working at all.He was doing so many transitions it was unbelievable.It's like he was in every position there is on the ground with hardy.Referees were probably so hpynotized on how good gsp was on the ground.They couldn't blink.They had nothing to do with it.They were doing their job.If a fighter works on the ground.WHy stand them up?He was transitioning into every position.Were you watching the same fight I was ?

lol you might as well let that be your first and last post :rolleyes:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

I have noticed that most of the people complaining have very few posts. Not all but most.

Hardcore fan man.. Put Jon Jones up against the grease monkey..

hahaha, yeah... Goodnight GSP, the p4p best Lay n Pray fighter in the World if this was to happen. Match him up against many other fighters at other weights and my oh my how pathetic the lay n pray champion would look.

LMAO.The only reason why this thread was created.Was to vent out their feelings on gsp.No matter what anyone says to sink into their skull about gsp just totally dominating.It won't make a difference.They will keep saying this to make themselves feel better about the hardy loss.Anyone that really respects fights.Will say ya it was a good fight.Hardy has heart' date='and well deserving.I'm pretty sure hardy isn't crying as much as you guys are to be honest.He was humble.Props to Hardy.[/quote']

I never said it was a boring fight, if u read what i said earlier in the same thread, i said the 1st round i found very exciting, but that fool who i quoted was saying GSP didnt finish cus he didnt want too finish is pathetic, he tried hard too finish and couldnt, props too gsp for the win and also props too hardy for stepping up and giving it his best shot

Instead of blaming GSP for fighting boring, why not blame Hardy?

If Hardy didn't allow GSP to lay on top of him, it'd have been much more fun for you guys right? Hardy could do nothing except surviving through the whole match by being on his back. To me, GSP was just taking advantage of Hardy's weakness. And yes this is MMA. So why can't Hardy develop good takedown defence of his own then? It's not like Hardy was getting better of GSP on his feet either.

He tried too finish and couldnt' date=' thats the bottom line, he tried hard too get hardy too tap.

[/quote']

theres a difference between finishing and breaking for people with class. I would have broken it just because all you think a fight is boring because no one gets KO in the first round. go watch boxing if you want to see KO's and no wrestling/ground game. It was a great fight that showed character for both fighters. huge amounts of respect to Hardy for not tapping and GSP for not snapping his arm both chances he had, he knew he already won the fight at that point he did him a favor.

The reasons GSP is still champion and no one can put a dent in him is because he fights the smart fight. Only a complete moron would risk letting the challenger have a chance. The stand up is the only chance Hardy had and GSP is smart enough and talented enough to realize this. Too bad you aren't noob.

Thank you. These clowns don't understand how stupid it is to give your opponent an advantage. If you know that the best chance for your opponent to win is by standing, why the f*** would you stand with them? Call it being a p***y all you want, let's see you get in the octagon and stand with a better striker. ****. And let's see you go 5 rounds with GSP and see how much of a p***y/coward/boring fighter he really is.

What's boring is all these ignorant kids saying that GSP is boring and a coward for not standing with Hardy. I'll be back tomorrow when these kids have gone away.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Hardy earned respect. GSP still the most boring champion in UFC. He's so afraid of getting KO'd again that he uses his massive size advantge at WW to lay on his opponent for 5 rounds. How can anyone like watching him? Glad I went to a bar and didn't pay for that card.

Maybe GSP will grow a pair and fight MW like Penn and Silva have done. I'm an admitted GSP hater and it's because his style is boring. More impressed with Hardy escaping two subs than watching GSP be a blanket for 5 rounds. If he didn't weigh about 30 lbs above 170 it might be impressive. As it stands it's simply predictable.

GSP looked sharp on the ground, as usual. the transitions were awesome, and i'm REALLY surprised that Hardy didn't tap, he does deserve props for that, win or, in this case, lose.

That being said, I was hoping this fight would give me a better feel as to where Georges is on the P4P list, but decisions are somewhat eh. I believe my expectations were too high when it comes down to what I thought GSP would do to him.

How many punches did Hard-ly throw?

The clown kept saying he had trained sooooooo hard that the belt belonged to him. Did he forget to practice takedown defense?