hardy got dominated

ubern00b

props to hardy for getting out of the first round with his arm in tact but,

what now for hardy?

are hardy fans going to spin this like mir fans are doing?

sorry hardy fans but gsp was clearly just on another level.

never had a chance :D

a little early i know but i dont see " a punchers chance" happening in the last 2 rounds

EDIT: hardy has bawls though

now the crowd know what hes like' date=' boooing GSP, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!

I appreciate good BJJ and good wrestling, but this is taking the piss, every attempt from GSP is a take down.

Dan should have been wise to this, its obvious.[/quote']

like i mentioned on another thread, i'll admit the fight was some what boring, but at least gsp was going to work on the ground unlike fitch.

Before the GSP ****s go into a rage here I'm not questioning his dominance of this fight and pretty much every other fight he has had during the UFC but does anybody really get excited watching the guy fight? Was so looking forward to this but in the end was like pulling teeth!

Hopefully he now moves up a weight class now so we can watch exciting fighters like Daley, Koscheck, Hardy and co battle it out for the WW title.

I'm a massive Hardy fan and have nothing but respect for the guy after tonight. Ok he got dominated but i think he did better escaping from being layed on then anyone for a while. All props to GSP he did what he does best. Not the most entertaining for everyone to watch but he has great skill for what he does and i cant help but admire that. I was hoping for the hardy win but realised it was a massive ask.

**** GSP if I wanted to watch a man lay on top of another man I would go rent a gay **** GSP is a ***** that wont fight

Um it's MMA so wrestling is part of the fighting. I guarantee you if Hardy would have tapped to that kimura you wouldn't have said this which would have made no sense at all considering that fact that Hardy tapping didn't make GSP fight any different.

Um it's MMA so wrestling is part of the fighting. I guarantee you if Hardy would have tapped to that kimura you wouldn't have said this which would have made no sense at all considering that fact that Hardy tapping didn't make GSP fight any different.

sure wrestling is a pretty awesome tool to have in MMA but that doesnt take away from the fact that it creates all of the dullest fights in the UFC

No. Most of the fights were good.

I enjoy MIXED martial arts. GSP is just a wrestling decision machine and its not fun to watch. He should move up to middleweight and try face a challenge.

This is just a stupid statement. GSP is a MIXED Martial Artist. He can strike, submit, wrestle, he can do it all. He's shown it. To say otherwise is just ignorant. To take someone down and control them with ease the way he does is phenomenal. That's beyond skill. He may not KO everyone or finish every fight, but he attempts. Maybe if you took the time to learn more about the sport and what people like GSP are doing and learn to respect it instead of talking s**** you might appreciate it a little more.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

GSP needs to get that killer instinct, he should have broke his arm too make him tap. You could tell he let it go because he didn't want to seriously injure him. That kindness will be his end. But i did gain some respect for hardy tonight he is one tough dude. But he was just out of his league tonight.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Hardy had no business in that cage with GSP. That was the most one sided beating I've ever seen GSP dish out. Granted, Hardy did a good job at not taking to much damage and proprs to him for not tapping out. But he was completly overwhelmed that whole fight. I don't see why so many people were hyping Hardy up so much.

...So...Who's next for GSP?

GSP needs to get that killer instinct' date=' he should have broke his arm too make him tap. You could tell he let it go because he didn't want to seriously injure him. That kindness will be his end. But i did gain some respect for hardy tonight he is one tough dude. But he was just out of his league tonight.[/quote']

The fact is he couldnt break Hardy's arm - it wasnt as if the guy wasnt trying, 99.9% of fighters would of tapped from either the arm bar in rd1 or kimura in rd4 so plenty of respect to Hardy in my opinion.

props to hardy for getting out of the first round with his arm in tact but' date='

what now for hardy?

are hardy fans going to spin this like mir fans are doing?

sorry hardy fans but gsp was clearly just on another level.

never had a chance :D

a little early i know but i dont see " a punchers chance" happening in the last 2 rounds

EDIT: hardy has bawls though[/quote']

Not really I could beat hardy if I sat on him and rubbed myself on him for 5 rounds.,

It was actually exciting to see how a number 1 contender can get completely dominated. Hardy didn't win 5 seconds of that fight. Would anyone of bet that? Who gonna touch GSP cause I don't know.

You think watching somebody dominate is exciting?? Give me a close fight (Miller v Bocek) anyday!

i watched the fight and i thought it wasn't boring at all.... i thought however on the kimora that GSP locked in that he could have just destroyed hardy's arm if he absolutley wanted too...

it looked like he could'nt decide if he should break Hardy's arm or not then decided not to and let it go. GSP is a class act and would not want to ruin anyones career.

I'm a Hardy fan and was rooting for him right until the end, but I just dont understand how people are slating GSP for being boring!!

He is the very top of his game and did what he had to do to win, and he absolutely dominated!! How can people boo that, or boo Fitch??

If you just want striking, go watch boxing!

..this is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!!

Bad luck Dan Hardy!!

This is just a stupid statement. GSP is a MIXED Martial Artist. He can strike' date=' submit, wrestle, he can do it all. He's shown it. To say otherwise is just ignorant. To take someone down and control them with ease the way he does is phenomenal. That's beyond skill. He may not KO everyone or finish every fight, but he attempts. Maybe if you took the time to learn more about the sport and what people like GSP are doing and learn to respect it instead of talking s**** you might appreciate it a little more.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

no doubt that GSP is a mixed martial artist but hes not an entertaining one his ground control is phenomenal but boring if i were to look at GSP as an aspiring wrestler id be amazed but i was watching as a fan of ufc most boring fight of the night

Well that fight decided it for me there is no way GSP can be called the p4p fighter of the world no way. Hardy is not even top 5 for me in the WW division and Gsp couldnt finish him, Gsp was too scared to let hardy stand up. This fight was made so that GSP could show his stand up skills against someone with good standup instead he just GnP'ed him for 5 rounds. Dana is going to be pissed

go watch something else then.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

+1

Good job to GSP for using strategy in an mma fight. His wrestling is amazing and Hardy not tapping to that brutal armbar and kimura was just pure toughness. Grats to John Fitch as well for once again forcing his opponent to fight his fight and pulling out a clear, dominant win. Beleive it or not, there are some of us old grapplers left that love this aspect of the sport. It's a damn shame that everyone won't just stand and throw punches until one or the other falls isn't it?

That last part was a bit of sarcasm. :P

it looked like he could'nt decide if he should break Hardy's arm or not then decided not to and let it go. GSP is a class act and would not want to ruin anyones career.

You cant seriously believe that GSP wasnt putting everything he had into that kimura? Fact is he couldnt finish it, why some people make out that GSP is some kind of saint is beyond me, at the end of the day once inside that octagon he is going to do whatever it takes to win the fight.

wrestlers just rule mma now. Its really sad.

5 rounds of laying on top.

EXACTLY!!!, like i understand gsp fans are happy but you CANNOT call that a domination. Yes he had him in all 5 rounds......but he barely did anything to hurt the guy, he couldnt even finish the submissions. When he tried finishing, HE COULDNT. was hardy bruised? beaten? the answer is no. In his past 2 or 3 fights gsp has just been a boring sideshow. It was pretty much like the thiago silva vs rashad fight which sucked ****. When hardy hit gsp those very few times, u could see a shocked expression on his face. When gsp was ground and pounding it was more of a ground and miss, he missed like 70% of his shots when he had him in standing guard and full guard. This shows that hardy may be the 2nd best welterweight since he took no damage from gsp he simply got held down by a stronger fighter who deserves to be in middleweight.

im not a hardy fan but i do respect him more than gsp. Like do u guys remember when gracie fought? He went to the ground 100% of the time, do u know why im not complaining about him??? BECAUSE HE WAS EXCITING ON THE GROUND, he hit his opponent trying to REALLY win not just get a ***** decision. Someone with GSP's skills should not be going for decisions thats like anderson silva not finishing thales leites. He saw what the fans thought of that crap fight and he changed his ways, he didnt ****-out. if anyone wants to discuss this more i will gladly do it as long as u have a real argument and not just some stupid **** like "oh im sorry, who won the fight??? ya thats what i thought duuurh" cuz if u saythat i know u didnt read my comment. i fully agree that gsp won, but he is still a raging *****.

I'm a Hardy fan and was rooting for him right until the end' date=' but I just dont understand how people are slating GSP for being boring!!

He is the very top of his game and did what he had to do to win, and he absolutely dominated!! How can people boo that, or boo Fitch??

If you just want striking, go watch boxing!

..this is MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!!

Bad luck Dan Hardy!![/quote']

Nice post and here's the good news, Hardy survived without getting seriously injured or beat up. I think he has the mindset to use this loss to get better. He has a good chin, heavy hands and won't quit so now, you can add heart to that list. I'll be looking forward to his next fight.

They hyped Hardy like he had a chance and looked pee wee. Not many can do that!

hardy did better than mr thiago alves...who is supposedly the second best welterweight. alves was bleeding and breuised like a ****er.......hardy was sweaty, last time i checked that doesnt cause any sort of damage,

Hardy's tough but he was destroyed. This loss knocks him back kinda far in my opinion. He did zero damage to GSP. You could see the look in Hradys eyes after The first and Second round that he knew he was in deep trouble. Hes lucky he didnt get seriously hurt lol. But The win wasnt as boring as people are making it out to be . He dominated Hardy and kept busy the whole fight. No laying on top doing nothing. Some good submissions and ground and pound. Idk who can stop him though honestly.

As far as Carwin, I thought he would knock Mir out. He trucked Mir though pretty bad. Frank Mir ( who looked pretty big tonight) never had a chance. Carwin hits harddd. Les nar- Carwin would be sick. Great matchup. I wish Saunders would have won but he's not on that level yet. Oh well. Good PPV though.

I don't see anyone stopping GSP from taking them down. He is too strong, too quick and too powerful for that weight class. They are gonna have to change the rules because of him. First round... any thing goes, second round... stand up striking only, third round... anything goes and so on. This will give the strikers a better chance... especially against him. Plus make the fights more exciting. The fight was kind of boring. Referee should have stood them up several times.

Dan Hardy is one tough SOB.

I don't see anyone stopping GSP from taking them down. He is too strong' date=' too quick and too powerful for that weight class. They are gonna have to change the rules because of him. First round... any thing goes, second round... stand up striking only, third round... anything goes and so on. This will give the strikers a better chance... especially against him. Plus make the fights more exciting. The fight was kind of boring. Referee should have stood them up several times.

Dan Hardy is one tough SOB.[/quote']

I hope this is a joke.

Hardy's tough but he was destroyed. This loss knocks him back kinda far in my opinion. He did zero damage to GSP. You could see the look in Hradys eyes after The first and Second round that he knew he was in deep trouble. Hes lucky he didnt get seriously hurt lol. But The win wasnt as boring as people are making it out to be . He dominated Hardy and kept busy the whole fight. No laying on top doing nothing. Some good submissions and ground and pound. Idk who can stop him though honestly.

As far as Carwin' date=' I thought he would knock Mir out. He trucked Mir though pretty bad. Frank Mir ( who looked pretty big tonight) never had a chance. Carwin hits harddd. Les nar- Carwin would be sick. Great matchup. I wish Saunders would have won but he's not on that level yet. Oh well. Good PPV though.[/quote']

I didnt see GSP doing much damage to Hardy, is that because he couldnt?

Hardy got destroyed. It wasn't even close. It just shows what the difference is between a champion and just another challenger. BJ Penn proved that with Diego Sanchez. It's like they are on a whole nother level.

Hardy didn't get destroyed, he just lost. Yes it was a dominant performance from GSP, but he did very little damage. Look at the faces of GSP's other recent challengers and you'll see physical evidence of destruction, but not with HArdy.

Archived