I am Canadian and I am not a fan of GSP anymore..

MMAFAN01

Did u guys see the fight??....3 submission attempts and HARDY never tapped. GSP did not finish him, he could'nt even finish him. and now that I look back at his other wins, the only 2 people he ever finished decisively was matt hughes and bj penn. He grappled the whole time with Fitch, Alves and then he said sorry, like he always does. wat did he really do?? HARDY looked just fine to me. in fact now I am more of a HARDY fan.

bottom line.....

Gsp fights for keeping the belt, keep his legacy no matter how boring and uneventful it is. As much as I hate Bj penn I must say he was right when he said "gsp is front runner". Gsp is more worried about keeping his belt than winning like a true fighter. He is only using one tool in all his fights - grappling. sure he is one of the best grapplers in mma, but he is exploiting it to the point that he has nothing to do with stand-up with Guys like Alves or Hardy.

tonight.....GSP lost one fan in me... and HARDY gained one....cuz that kid did not tap!!

Did u guys see the fight??....3 submission attempts and HARDY never tapped. GSP did not finish him' date=' he could'nt even finish him. and now that I look back at his other wins, the only 2 people he ever finished decisively was matt hughes and bj penn. He grappled the whole time with Fitch, Alves and then he said sorry, like he always does. wat did he really do?? HARDY looked just fine to me. in fact now I am more of a HARDY fan.

bottom line.....

Gsp fights for keeping the belt, keep his legacy no matter how boring and uneventful it is. As much as I hate Bj penn I must say he was right when he said "gsp is front runner". Gsp is more worried about keeping his belt than winning like a true fighter. He is only using one tool in all his fights - grappling. sure he is one of the best grapplers in mma, but he is exploiting it to the point that he has nothing to do with stand-up with Guys like Alves or Hardy.

tonight.....GSP lost one fan in me... and HARDY gained one....cuz that kid did not tap!![/quote']

That was realy nice ground game Hardy learn my respect like Fitch , Alves , Kosh , they all know how is hard to beat GSP in a MMA fight .

U dont like it go watch someting else noob .

Yes i say noob . u should give credit ti all this great fighter who can make all a fighter without getting finish by GSP .

Did u guys see the fight??....3 submission attempts and HARDY never tapped. GSP did not finish him' date=' he could'nt even finish him. and now that I look back at his other wins, the only 2 people he ever finished decisively was matt hughes and bj penn. He grappled the whole time with Fitch, Alves and then he said sorry, like he always does. wat did he really do?? HARDY looked just fine to me. in fact now I am more of a HARDY fan.

bottom line.....

tonight.....GSP lost one fan in me... and HARDY gained one....cuz that kid did not tap!![/quote']

Yeah I agree. He should fight to lose the belt. That way he can make alot less money too....

bottom line.....

Hardy must be double jointed or have uncanny flexibility. Hardy couldn't do nothing. GSP wouldnt let him. GSP dominated

bottom line.....

Gsp fights for keeping the belt, keep his legacy no matter how boring and uneventful it is. As much as I hate Bj penn I must say he was right when he said "gsp is front runner". Gsp is more worried about keeping his belt than winning like a true fighter. [b']He is only using one tool in all his fights - grappling. sure he is one of the best grapplers in mma, but he is exploiting it to the point that he has nothing to do with stand-up with Guys like Alves or Hardy.[/b]

tonight.....GSP lost one fan in me... and HARDY gained one....cuz that kid did not tap!!

So you're basically saying you dont like smart fighters, right? Because it would be really dumb trying to fight someone in their best point when their weakest point is your strongest.

You make no sense.. and who cares if he didn't finish him? He got the win in the most dominant fashion

It was smart of GSP to not stand with a well known striker. It was dumb of Hardy to not tap and risk a major injury.

Didnt look like there was any damage to dan with those submission atemps some how. So why would he tap if he aint in pain lads got to much heart to tap. He aint gunna tap just because he thinks the pain is gunna get worse

bottom line.....

There is two ways to finish a fight KO/TKO and submission. GSP attempted to submit Dan 6 times........What more do you want. If you really know MMA you wouldn't start threads like this

I'm Canadian and I am still a huge GSP fan if you can't appreciate the technical skill and power of GSP than you don't deserve to be a fan. If GSP were to fight the most dangerous BJJ guy in the entire world where do you think the fight would take place? That's right on the feet, GSP takes the people he fights out of their element and forces them to fight his fight. You want to see GSP KO someone? Put him in with a dangerous BJJ guy and that's what you will see.

Didnt look like there was any damage to dan with those submission atemps some how. So why would he tap if he aint in pain lads got to much heart to tap. He aint gunna tap just because he thinks the pain is gunna get worse

I'm pretty sure Dan was in pain. Much longer and he would've had a broken arm. Just saying.

It was smart of GSP to not stand with a well known striker. It was dumb of Hardy to not tap and risk a major injury.

This but I do admire Hardy for not tapping and I just became a Hardy Fan. We all know GSP's game plans I just want to see him fight Pualo Thiago then fight Daley assuming he beats KOS.

If anyone is going to beat him it is Daley

I'm Canadian and I am still a huge GSP fan if you can't appreciate the technical skill and power of GSP than you don't deserve to be a fan. If GSP were to fight the most dangerous BJJ guy in the entire world where do you think the fight would take place? That's right on the feet' date=' GSP takes the people he fights out of their element and forces them to fight his fight. You want to see GSP KO someone? Put him in with a dangerous BJJ guy and that's what you will see.[/quote']

yeah all that is great but remember.. how he said in the primetime show

"i want to take him out".....yeah... how do u take pppl out?? by submmiting them??? or trying to submitt them and hope they tapout???

wow that really is a great plan to "take him out"

bottom line.....

Welcome to the club. Bottom line, the UFC is entertainment and these are supposed to be entertainers. In my view, GSP has never been and never will be an entertainer. me and quite a few of my friends couldn't wait for UFC to come to Newark but once we saw that GSP was the headliner it was a unanimous heck no. I don't think any of us even bothered to buy it. As great as GSP is technically, he is very bad for the sport. While hardcore fans may actual enjoy his fights, casual fans, which comprise most of the UFC fan base do not.

There is two ways to finish a fight KO/TKO and submission. GSP attempted to submit Dan 6 times........What more do you want. If you really know MMA you wouldn't start threads like this

yeah the old broken mma fan record....." if u dont like the game ur a noob/ u dont get the ground game so leave mma/wow only a casual fan would say that"

u know whats a ground game??....the kurt pelligrino fight..

GSP came in the fight saying " i dont just wanna win the fight.. i wanna take him out"

and by damage actually seen on HARDY'S face.... i think GSP came to do only one thing.....

GRAPPLE... AND SCORE POINTS....... and then say "sorry fans"

So you're basically saying you dont like smart fighters' date=' right? Because it would be really dumb trying to fight someone in their best point when their weakest point is your strongest.

You make no sense.. and who cares if he didn't finish him? He got the win in the most dominant fashion[/quote']

Ya know...what ol' dude is saying is GSP said the whole time he wanted to FINISH the fight ANYWHERE it went, he said now he hits hader ect...but what we saw was same Ol st p... grappler. notin wrong with him wresling...I understad and respect it but at the same time not everyone is ok with that. I mean DAM& if you arn't gonna finsih dont talk like you will. For his next fight i wanna hear him say (in GSP accent) "I'm gonna go into the octagon and be a supior grappler for 5 rounds".

yeah the old broken mma fan record....." if u dont like the game ur a noob/ u dont get the ground game so leave mma/wow only a casual fan would say that"

u know whats a ground game??....the kurt pelligrino fight..

GSP came in the fight saying " i dont just wanna win the fight.. i wanna take him out"

and by damage actually seen on HARDY'S face.... i think GSP came to do only one thing.....

GRAPPLE... AND SCORE POINTS....... and then say "sorry fans"

GSP and everyone else on this forum cares about as much as I do that you're no longer his fan.

Welcome to the club. Bottom line' date=' the UFC is entertainment and these are supposed to be entertainers. In my view, GSP has never been and never will be an entertainer. me and quite a few of my friends couldn't wait for UFC to come to Newark but once we saw that GSP was the headliner it was a unanimous heck no. I don't think any of us even bothered to buy it. As great as GSP is technically, he is very bad for the sport. While hardcore fans may actual enjoy his fights, casual fans, which comprise most of the UFC fan base do not.[/quote']

dude i am not even a casual fan.. but i am starting to see a pattern in GSP'S fight.. he blows a lot of smoke up his own rear in the "primetime show" by saying things like "i wanna take him out/ i wanna extend my legacy/i will dominate" ..but as soon as he gets in the cage... its a wrestling/grappling fight...

at least with alves/ fitch...he did do some GNP.. but did u see HARDY'S face??? not a scar.....GSP was holding on to those submmisions like his life depended on it.. u cud see how sad/frustrated he was every time HARDY did not tap!!!

wat a sad fight.....

Ya know...what ol' dude is saying is GSP said the whole time he wanted to FINISH the fight ANYWHERE it went' date=' he said now he hits hader ect...but what we saw was same Ol st p... grappler. notin wrong with him wresling...I understad and respect it but at the same time not everyone is ok with that. I mean DAM& if you arn't gonna finsih dont talk like you will. For his next fight i wanna hear him say (in GSP accent) "I'm gonna go into the octagon and be a supior grappler for 5 rounds".[/quote']

exactly my point... and my reason not not like GSP anymore....

Welcome to the club. Bottom line' date=' the UFC is entertainment and these are supposed to be entertainers. In my view, GSP has never been and never will be an entertainer. me and quite a few of my friends couldn't wait for UFC to come to Newark but once we saw that GSP was the headliner it was a unanimous heck no. I don't think any of us even bothered to buy it. As great as GSP is technically, he is very bad for the sport. While hardcore fans may actual enjoy his fights, casual fans, which comprise most of the UFC fan base do not.[/quote']

Like it or not I must admit it's reality. Never been a Gsp dan but could respect him as a fighter but C'MON MAN as champ you should go in with the philosphy/gameplan "IMA FINISH THIS DAM% FIGHT" just my opinion

just like any fight, honesly if Im in a fight I wanna beat my oppnets Az... and leave no doubt

no questions asked

It's funny how you all lambast GSP for his gameplan... but praise a guy who thought he could go into a fight with probably the highest level wrestler/takedown artist in MMA today with zero takedown defense and basically relying solely on "punchers chance" for a win in a ****ING CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT!! THAT my friends is completely retarded. You don't go into a championship fight planning on winning on a hope and a prayer for a chance knockout victory.

No you drill sprawl and brawl, you drill scrambles, you drill sweeps, you drill octagon movement, you drill angles and striking, NONE of which Hardy demonstrated. Seriously how can any of you have expected anything less out of this fight from a guy who basically got wins over 4 strikers, then walked into the best takedowns and wrestling in MMA and thought that it would go the same way as the previous 4 fights?

It's funny how you all lambast GSP for his gameplan... but praise a guy who thought he could go into a fight with probably the highest level wrestler/takedown artist in MMA today with zero takedown defense and basically relying solely on "punchers chance" for a win in a ****ING CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT!! THAT my friends is completely retarded. You don't go into a championship fight planning on winning on a hope and a prayer for a chance knockout victory.

No you drill sprawl and brawl' date=' you drill scrambles, you drill sweeps, you drill octagon movement, you drill angles and striking, NONE of which Hardy demonstrated. Seriously how can any of you have expected anything less out of this fight from a guy who basically got wins over 4 strikers, then walked into the best takedowns and wrestling in MMA and thought that it would go the same way as the previous 4 fights?[/quote']

Not really his fault, Dana needs to do a better job of selecting matchups and stop with this garbbage.

This but I do admire Hardy for not tapping and I just became a Hardy Fan. We all know GSP's game plans I just want to see him fight Pualo Thiago then fight Daley assuming he beats KOS.

If anyone is going to beat him it is Daley

haven't we learned enough from the gsp v. hardy match up? gsp v. daley would end up with gsp wining except this time it would be via submission or tko - gnp since gsp would've corrected all his mistakes.

No you drill sprawl and brawl' date=' you drill scrambles, you drill sweeps, you drill octagon movement, you drill angles and striking, NONE of which Hardy demonstrated. Seriously how can any of you have expected anything less out of this fight from a guy who basically got wins over 4 strikers, then walked into the best takedowns and wrestling in MMA and thought that it would go the same way as the previous 4 fights?[/quote']

You're correct. Hardy and his camp didn't bs when they said GSP was going to fall over with a clean punch. They WERE looking for and depending on that one clean punch. What a great gameplan, who would've thought GSP would see that coming? If Daley is smart, he would switch camp for his fight with Kos.

Hardy showed excellent ground skills, composure and class tonight. He definitely earned my respect. As far as GSP being boring, he is absolutely dominant. He rose to the occassion again, and regained his title. I just dont agree with the people who get mad at wrestlers(GSP) for not standing with a striker(Hardy,Alves), but they dont get mad at strikers who refuse to go to the ground. (not a shot against AS lol)

I'm Canadian and I am still a huge GSP fan if you can't appreciate the technical skill and power of GSP than you don't deserve to be a fan. If GSP were to fight the most dangerous BJJ guy in the entire world where do you think the fight would take place? That's right on the feet' date=' GSP takes the people he fights out of their element and forces them to fight his fight. You want to see GSP KO someone? Put him in with a dangerous BJJ guy and that's what you will see.[/quote']

Actually Gsp still put Bj on the mat.

I had to sign up just so i could reply to this ignorant post.

GSP showed TRUE domination that fight like his past fights.Even with the little stand up there was GSP landed more then Hardy.

The fact that you thought that was boring shows me you lack of knowledge and enjoyment of the technical part of mma. You should just stick to boxing if you wanna see knock outs.

As for the submission tries i personally felt that GSP decided to let go before seriously hurting hardy and "or" breaking his arm, which shows his great sportsmanship. He is a true champ and you sir are a true bandwagon whiner.

dude i am not even a casual fan.. but i am starting to see a pattern in GSP'S fight.. he blows a lot of smoke up his own rear in the "primetime show" by saying things like "i wanna take him out/ i wanna extend my legacy/i will dominate" ..but as soon as he gets in the cage... its a wrestling/grappling fight...

at least with alves/ fitch...he did do some GNP.. but did u see HARDY'S face??? not a scar.....GSP was holding on to those submmisions like his life depended on it.. u cud see how sad/frustrated he was every time HARDY did not tap!!!

wat a sad fight.....

Give Hardy a call tomorrow and provided he can lift his arm to answer the phone, ask him how his arms feel.

Ya know...what ol' dude is saying is GSP said the whole time he wanted to FINISH the fight ANYWHERE it went' date=' he said now he hits hader ect...but what we saw was same Ol st p... grappler. notin wrong with him wresling...I understad and respect it but at the same time not everyone is ok with that. I mean DAM& if you arn't gonna finsih dont talk like you will. For his next fight i wanna hear him say (in GSP accent) "I'm gonna go into the octagon and be a supior grappler for 5 rounds".[/quote']

This doesn't make sense. There were TWO seperate times where he had Hardy done. It was sheer balls that kept Hardy from tapping out. Most other fighters would have tapped.

That was a nasty kimura and arm bar.

Like it or not I must admit it's reality. Never been a Gsp dan but could respect him as a fighter but C'MON MAN as champ you should go in with the philosphy/gameplan "IMA FINISH THIS DAM% FIGHT" just my opinion

just like any fight' date=' honesly if Im in a fight I wanna beat my oppnets Az... and leave no doubt

no questions asked[/quote']

He did finish and there was ab****ely no doubt.

Comparing to Anderson Silva, why would he want to go on the ground, because that's not his strength. Why didn't Silva finish Leites when he went to the ground a million times? GSP's strength is on the ground and I think your supposed to use your strengths when you want to win a fight.

Comparing to Anderson Silva' date=' why would he want to go on the ground, because that's not his strength. Why didn't Silva finish Leites when he went to the ground a million times? GSP's strength is on the ground and I think your supposed to use your strengths when you want to win a fight.[/quote']

Yeah but he could at least stand with the guy and try and improve his striking, which he did in no way.

Its amazing that you can watch the best fighter in mma today, and second guess what he should of done sitting at your computer. He dominated the number one contender on the planet! That in itself is awesome. He also took minimal damage, controled pace of entire fight, took hardy down at will, won all positioning battles, had all submission attempts, and delivered most damage. I dont know what you can really expect from a champion, but gsp delivered on all fronts.

I don't blame GSP. I blame GSP having fans stupid enough to fall for his "I'm sorry I'll do better next time " crap.

Archived