UFC champions weights unfair??

Hulkzpunch

Can someone please explain to me how these weight classes are working in the UFC? I might be a little pissed because i am a Hardy fan and GSP layed on him the whole fight, but seriously i dont understand the weight classes. At the weigh in Gsp weighs 171 but when asked what his fighting weight come sunday will be he says 180 to 190. Besides Machida and Penn sort of what champions actually fight in there actual weight class? Why doesnt the UFC just change the weight classes to weigh ten or fifteen pounds more? I just dont think its fair the Lesnar can lay on Mir and pound him or Gsp throw hardy around and Silva just knocking dudes out because he is so much stronger than everyone else? I love MMA and I am not trying to knock Gsp as he is the best "wrestler" to ever enter the octagon i just dont think he should be fighting 170 and should step up and fight stronger opponents. And if anyone knows what happens when you dont make weight please let me know?

Can someone please explain to me how these weight classes are working in the UFC? I might be a little pissed because i am a Hardy fan and GSP layed on him the whole fight' date=' but seriously i dont understand the weight classes. At the weigh in Gsp weighs 171 but when asked what his fighting weight come sunday will be he says 180 to 190. Besides Machida and Penn sort of what champions actually fight in there actual weight class? Why doesnt the UFC just change the weight classes to weigh ten or fifteen pounds more? I just dont think its fair the Lesnar can lay on Mir and pound him or Gsp throw hardy around and Silva just knocking dudes out because he is so much stronger than everyone else? I love MMA and I am not trying to knock Gsp as he is the best "wrestler" to ever enter the octagon i just dont think he should be fighting 170 and should step up and fight stronger opponents. And if anyone knows what happens when you dont make weight please let me know?[/quote']

Hardy was cutting weight just like GSP and evry other fighter in the UFC.

thats why i dont get the point of the weight classes why dont they just raise them all?

its something you cant fix. even if weigh ins are in the same day people would still cut weight. so what if they change the ww to 180 pounds, people will start cutting from 210. its part of the mental toughness of not eating and drinking.

Archived