Sign in to follow this  
sjameson6969

GSP vs Kos?

Imo the only person who has a shot against gsp is Koscheck, (I say shot not I think he'll win)

He did get owned in the first fight, but I think he's improved since then.his stand ups really good now, and I don't think gsp will take him down as much as he has others.

This is all IF he beats Daly, if not Daly gets the shot I believe.

What yous think?

should Kos beat Daley he is certainly in the mix for a shot but I don't think Daley should get one yet. 3 fights doesnt constitute a title shot... although he hasn't fought any cans. It will be interesting to see if Kos takes him down and how Daley reacts cause we all know GSP would do just that.

I think after last night it would be hard to deny Fitch a rematch, that or make the Fitch/Alves fight go ahead and winner fights the winner of kos/Daley for the next title shot.

This means that Kos and Fitch could end up fighting each other and i know they are teammates but its all business in the octagon.

should Kos beat Daley he is certainly in the mix for a shot but I don't think Daley should get one yet. 3 fights doesnt constitute a title shot... although he hasn't fought any cans. It will be interesting to see if Kos takes him down and how Daley reacts cause we all know GSP would do just that.

I think after last night it would be hard to deny Fitch a rematch' date=' that or make the Fitch/Alves fight go ahead and winner fights the winner of kos/Daley for the next title shot.

This means that Kos and Fitch could end up fighting each other and i know they are teammates but its all business in the octagon.[/quote']

I firmly think Daly should get the shot if he beats Koscheck.

Your right he definetly hasn't fought cans, Kampmann, Hazlett and Koscheck are top ww's.

The ww divisions being held up by the AKA guys not fighting each other man!!!!

GSP would just keep taking Daly down, it would be exactly the same as the Hardy fight,

But something tells me Dalys gonnna knock Koscheck out.

Then Kos is right to the bottom of the que!!!

I think the only part of Koscheck's game that has recently been improved is his eye gouging technique and acting ability. In my opinion, he needs at least 2 CLEAN wins in a row before he should even be looked at.

Fitch (on the other hand) has a fight record that is worthy of another shot RIGHT NOW. Especially so, that both him and GSP just fought on the same night...both are uninjured...and both should be ready to go again in fairly short order.

However, Dana White seems to disagree...saying that Fitch needs to further prove himself. BS!! This is one of the problems with this sport. Title shots should NOT be based on what Dana White or Joe Silva thinks...but on that (AND ONLY THAT) of a contender's fight record.

The other issue that should be raised here, is that there is not enough title bouts being fought. If GSP has to sit and wait for Koscheck and Fitch (or whoever) to sort things out...it'll be next Christmas before we see GSP put his belt on the line again. People want to see title fights. Barring injuries, etc...these guys are sitting around far too long.

I think the only part of Koscheck's game that has recently been improved is his eye gouging technique and acting ability. In my opinion' date=' he needs at least 2 CLEAN wins in a row before he should even be looked at.

Fitch (on the other hand) has a fight record that is worthy of another shot RIGHT NOW. Especially so, that both him and GSP just fought on the same night...both are uninjured...and both should be ready to go again in fairly short order.

However, Dana White seems to disagree...saying that Fitch needs to further prove himself. BS!! This is one of the problems with this sport. Title shots should NOT be based on what Dana White or Joe Silva thinks...but on that (AND ONLY THAT) of a contender's fight record.

The other issue that should be raised here, is that there is not enough title bouts being fought. If GSP has to sit and wait for Koscheck and Fitch (or whoever) to sort things out...it'll be next Christmas before we see GSP put his belt on the line again. People want to see title fights. Barring injuries, etc...these guys are sitting around far too long.[/quote']

kos needs to win cleanly? so rumble kneeing kos in the face when his knees are down was clean?

i agree that kos has improved .. his stand up is better than hardy's .. his ground game is way better than hardy's .. kos is more ready than dan hardy was .. kos needs to train big time on GSP's favorite moves .. then thats the end of GSP erra ..

who knows maybe GSP will retire and let someone else hold the belt for a while

It's hard to say who deserves the next title shot, and even harder to predict who will actually get it due to the UFC's wacky ways making those decisions. I don't know if Kos deserves it just yet, but I do think he has the best chance of beating GSP (still a small chance though). GSP did out-wrestle Kos in the first fight, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would do it again. I think Kos might have underestimated GSP's take-down ability in the first fight, but now he knows and would be more prepared for it. Kos is a hell of a wrestler and very athletic. Unfortunately for Kos, GSP will still probably beat him standing up if Kos does manage to stay off his back. I don't like Kos, but I do think he would have a chance.

kos needs to win cleanly? so rumble kneeing kos in the face when his knees are down was clean?

I won't be drawn into a debate over this issue with any of those who are obviously biased for Koscheck. I (on the other hand) am NOT biased. I call them the way I see them.

Johnson's knee, (although illegal) was not intentional...clearly instinctive on his part...and clearly (sincerely) apologetic for the illegal strike. Also was deducted a point by the ref.

Koscheck (on the other hand), is a slimeball...and I hope Daley takes his head off.

Imo the only person who has a shot against gsp is Koscheck' date=' (I say shot not I think he'll win)

He did get owned in the first fight, but I think he's improved since then.his stand ups really good now, and I don't think gsp will take him down as much as he has others.

This is all IF he beats Daly, if not Daly gets the shot I believe.

What yous think?[/quote']

I agree I was saying the same thing yesterday!

Although I don't like Kos, I respect the skills he has, and I really think he has the best chance at beating gsp!

I would also like to see Paulo thiago have a shot if he gets another impressive win!

give sanchez a shot "yes yes yes" hahahaha

I actually think that could potentially be a fun fight to watch if Sanchez bulked up a lot. There's no doubt in my mind that GSP could take Sanchez down, but Sanchez is a really good submission fighter, so it could (wouldn't necessarily be, but COULD) be an interesting grappling-based fight. Sanchez seems to be better off his back than most of GSP's recent opponents (excluding the massively outweighed BJ, but I did say "if Sanchez bulked up a lot" so he wouldn't have the same disadvantage). Of course there's no way Sanchez will get a shot anytime soon, and he would most likely be dominated horribly, but you never know. I dunno, just a thought.