Sign in to follow this  
CFEnforcer019

For the love of god, just stop!

Mir doesn't need more time off. Mir does not need to go get a steel plate surgically put into his jaw. Mir does not need to work on his mentality. Mir is not too old.

Mir got caught. How many times have we seen great fighters get caught? Before the age of GSP/Penn/Silva that is what made MMA so exciting. The fact that anything can happen. Not "wait for a minute to pass then Silva is going to wtfpwn him" or "wait for GSP to take him to the ground and it's over". Great fighters lose, it happens. Mir is still in the right sport, Mir is still better than 90% of the heavyweights out there. Shane hits like a truck and Mir took a good 5 and still had the sense of mind to try and roll but he was just too far gone. Am I saying Mir should have won? No. Am I butt hurt that Mir lost? No. I am simply saying I am sick of everytime a name loses it's "time for them to take a break". No... that's not how it works.

Imagine if GSP would have "taken a break" after Serra KO'd him. Exactly.

Mir doesn't need more time off. Mir does not need to go get a steel plate surgically put into his jaw. Mir does not need to work on his mentality. Mir is not too old.

Mir got caught. How many times have we seen great fighters get caught? Before the age of GSP/Penn/Silva that is what made MMA so exciting. The fact that anything can happen. Not "wait for a minute to pass then Silva is going to wtfpwn him" or "wait for GSP to take him to the ground and it's over". Great fighters lose' date=' it happens. Mir is still in the right sport, Mir is still better than 90% of the heavyweights out there. Shane hits like a truck and Mir took a good 5 and still had the sense of mind to try and roll but he was just too far gone. Am I saying Mir should have won? No. Am I butt hurt that Mir lost? No. I am simply saying I am sick of everytime a name loses it's "time for them to take a break". No... that's not how it works.

Imagine if GSP would have "taken a break" after Serra KO'd him. Exactly.[/quote']

your right all of the sudden if a great fighter loses 1 or 2 fights hes not worth watching. atleast in some peoples eyes. but all these excuses.

i tottaly agree with you

Tore BigNog a new one, noticing he is in your top hws. Just reminding you that although he isnt -that- good, he can still beat 90% of the heavyweights in the world. And again this isn't hyping Mir, it's defending all the fighters that lose and get told they should take a break, find a new sport, or any other of the off the wall comments that get said. How often do football teams go 16-0? Baseball teams 120-0? Even skilled athletes lose.

Really i love how you try to stick up for Mir and use that simile LMAO.

I really love how you don't read too well. I am not sticking up for just Mir. I am sticking up for the guy on every card (sometimes two, sometimes three) that gets told it's time for them to move on, take a break, etc etc. (why I am typing this for a third time, I'm not quite sure as I am sure if you could have, you would have read it the first time).

I honestly have no clue why Mir tried to stand up with a guy who hits like a freight train....dumbest gameplan I've ever seen....aside perhaps Sanchez vs Penn and Hardy vs GSP.

I really love how you don't read too well. I am not sticking up for just Mir. I am sticking up for the guy on every card (sometimes two' date=' sometimes three) that gets told it's time for them to move on, take a break, etc etc. (why I am typing this for a third time, I'm not quite sure as I am sure if you could have, you would have read it the first time).[/quote']

No i just found that qoute in particular quite ironic. i wasnt exactly directing that towards you supporting frank

I just wouldn't call "getting caught" is what happened to Mir.

Not to start a fight or anything but I am curious to know what you would call it. I mean it's not like Mir was getting dominated before that point. Not to the extent of the beating he took from Brock. He got spun against the cage and felt more comfortable than he should have, Shane pushed off landed that beautiful left bomb stunned Mir and he took advantage. I would call that getting caught.

Meh' date=' Forrest beat Shogun. I still don't understand how that happened...[/quote']

Shogun was lazy as hell when he transferred over to the UFC then got his **** together

Not to start a fight or anything but I am curious to know what you would call it. I mean it's not like Mir was getting dominated before that point. Not to the extent of the beating he took from Brock. He got spun against the cage and felt more comfortable than he should have' date=' Shane pushed off landed that beautiful left bomb stunned Mir and he took advantage. I would call that getting caught.[/quote']

They were working the clinch and Shane came out victorious. They weren't just throwing hands in the middle.

If he did get caught...then he got caught with like 10 uppercuts because that first shot is definitely not what put him out of the fight.

Mir was overconfident in his striking. On top of that, clinch fighting and striking are different. Mir has poor wrestling ability which hinders his clinch game.

They were working the clinch and Shane came out victorious. They weren't just throwing hands in the middle.

If he did get caught...then he got caught with like 10 uppercuts because that first shot is definitely not what put him out of the fight.

Sweet, 4 can become 10 and we can pretend that the left wasn't 100% related to the following uppercuts, and that Frank wouldn't have used his muay thai to get out of Carwin's single collar. Later on I am gunna go clubbin with Kanye and Sean Connery. Maybe run into Kate Hudson. Maybe get lucky. Good talk.

Mir was overconfident in his striking. On top of that' date=' clinch fighting and striking are different. Mir has poor wrestling ability which hinders his clinch game.[/quote']

Agreed. The calm look on his face while he was being pushed against the cage made me cringe. lol.

I thought Mir looked way to relaxed. In the first clinch sequence Carwin pushed him against the cage kneed him a couple times and the ref put them back in the center of the ring.

Looked to me Mir stupidly thought the second clinch was going to end the same way. He looked at the clock, just kinda stood there waiting for it to be broken up again, Carwin pushed off a bit and unleashed the freight train on Mir.

Props to Carwin, he caught Mir napping and re-enforced that he in fact does not have hands in those gloves, but cinder blocks.

Mir got caught. How many times have we seen great fighters get caught? Before the age of GSP/Penn/Silva that is what made MMA so exciting. The fact that anything can happen. Not "wait for a minute to pass then Silva is going to wtfpwn him" or "wait for GSP to take him to the ground and it's over". Great fighters lose' date=' it happens. Mir is still in the right sport, Mir is still better than 90% of the heavyweights out there. Shane hits like a truck and Mir took a good 5 and still had the sense of mind to try and roll but he was just too far gone. Am I saying Mir should have won? No. Am I butt hurt that Mir lost? No. I am simply saying I am sick of everytime a name loses it's "time for them to take a break". No... that's not how it works.

[b']Imagine if GSP would have "taken a break" after Serra KO'd him. Exactly[/b].

He did take a break... he got scared to stand with anyone except maybe Fitch who couldn't strike his way out of a paper bag.

Sweet' date=' 4 can become 10 and we can pretend that the left wasn't 100% related to the following uppercuts, and that Frank wouldn't have used his muay thai to get out of Carwin's single collar. Later on I am gunna go clubbin with Kanye and Sean Connery. Maybe run into Kate Hudson. Maybe get lucky. Good talk.[/quote']

Wow

i was exaggerating...so chill out. Its just my opinion that Mir didn't get caught. It wasn't like it was 1 shot that KOd him. It was a series of them and imo that is not the definition of getting caught.

He did take a break... he got scared to stand with anyone except maybe Fitch who couldn't strike his way out of a paper bag.

I've got a gun in my waist and a knife in my pocket, am I gunna use the knife just to prove I can? or am I gunna use the gun because it's a sure thing? Prolly gunna take the sure thing. When he meets someone that is wearing a bullet proof vest, I am sure he will bring out his knife. (When he meets someone that can fight of their backs really well, he will stand with them. For the metaphorically impared)

Mir got caught if "getting caught" equals getting pounded out.

But no, I do agree that Mir's loss here does not mean he should hang it up or that he is over rated blah blah blah.

He got beat up. I don't see what the big EFing deal is with that. It was a clear and convincing victory for Carwin.

Frank is still relevant as a HW. He is just not top contender.

JDS should fight Caine, the winner should fight mir, then the winner of that fight should fight the winner of carwin/lesnar.. basically the only way i see this going down interestingly...

i agree, you have to give Carwin credit for the KO, he took Mir to the cage and dirty boxed him. that was his game plan.

idk whats next for Mir.

i agree' date=' you have to give Carwin credit for the KO, he took Mir to the cage and dirty boxed him. that was his game plan.

idk whats next for Mir.[/quote']

winner of struve and big country?

I've got a gun in my waist and a knife in my pocket' date=' am I gunna use the knife just to prove I can? or am I gunna use the gun because it's a sure thing? Prolly gunna take the sure thing. When he meets someone that is wearing a bullet proof vest, I am sure he will bring out his knife. (When he meets someone that can fight of their backs really well, he will stand with them. For the metaphorically impared)[/quote']

I know its just a metaphor but if a guy has a bullet proof vest on, you shoot him in the head. i know i know im an **** for pointing that out but i just couldnt help it

I honestly have no clue why Mir tried to stand up with a guy who hits like a freight train....dumbest gameplan I've ever seen....aside perhaps Sanchez vs Penn and Hardy vs GSP.

Shane has got rediculous power. . . brock will be next on carwin's KO list

to bad for Mir

just a bad match up for Mir

As a Mir fan... Honestly what was he expecting... I knew Carwin's strategy and even called it out to a buddy before hand. When he was against the fence I knew he had lost already.

He didnt really have a choice, Carwin didnt give him any chances to get it to the ground with out having Carwin on top of him.

And even Mir cant handle Carwin on top of him,

I totally agree, Mir is far from being done and MMA fans are probably the worst fans in the world. I bet Chuck Lidell ko's Tito or Franklin and everyone starts saying "Chuck is back" and "he deserves a title shot" and stuff like that but if he loses "he is too old". Mir destroyed Kongo and we loved that, he got ko'd now and it sucks but that's just part of the sport. And I don't care if it's Mir, Carwin, Velazquez or freaking BJ Penn but someone needs to get rid of f.....g Brock Lesnar!!!

He didnt really have a choice' date=' Carwin didnt give him any chances to get it to the ground with out having Carwin on top of him.

And even Mir cant handle Carwin on top of him,[/quote']

Yeah some people think that Carwin is just some average wrestler with no submission skills. He's a purple belt I'm pretty sure he could stay out of Mir's submission if white belt Lesnar pulled it off the last time he fought Mir. Brock in the first fight gave him that leg. Anyone even a smaller fighter in a lighter division with good BJJ could've locked that leg up.

Imagine if GSP would have "taken a break" after Serra KO'd him. Exactly.[/quote']

+1 couldnt agree more with you and same with a lot of other great fighters that lose 1 fight here and there. sick of "oh hes gonna get cut" when two of the best fighters fight, someone HAS to lose, how does nobody understand theres never 2 winners...

+1 couldnt agree more with you and same with a lot of other great fighters that lose 1 fight here and there. sick of "oh hes gonna get cut" when two of the best fighters fight' date=' someone HAS to lose, how does nobody understand theres never 2 winners...[/quote']

We are entering a time when people are having the mentality of "there is number 1 contenders and champs, no one else matters". These people are not fans of MMA they are bandwagoners looking for a quick thrill, just like that crowd in New Jersey booing the ground game making the ref want to stand them up. You can't just be in it for the flashy KOs or the off the wall subs. Hopefully boredom will weed these people out in time.

Some other names this has happened to:

Josh Koscheck (after Paulo Thiago)

Nate Marquardt (after Chael Sonnen)

Brock (after the first Mir fight)

Penn (after the GSP fight)

Sherk (after the Penn fight)

The list goes on and it's seriously out of control.