Sign in to follow this  
AussieMMAbra

The UFC Welterweight and Heavyweight Situation

Welterweight:

The first point is that everyone has to understand is that GSP is just too good for every other welterweight. Dana White was saying that all Dan Hardy had to do was work on his take down defence and it would have been an "interesting fight". Does that mean BJ Penn has to work on his takedown defence too? NO-ONE can stop Gsp's takedowns at welterweight! I think if GSP stays at welterweight he will continue to be in boring fights, not because he's a boring fighter, but because he doesn't want to lose his belt and/or get knocked out, so he will just take everyoen down and stay active enough to not get stood up.

I'd personally just like to see GSP challenge himself and move up to middleweight and maybe face a top contender like Vitor Belfort or Wanderlie Silva or someone that will be an exciting fight, and then if he wins fight Anderson Silva for the belt. I reakon that would be smart for Dana White to do and it would bring more fan to the UFC.

Heavyweight:

We need to see JDS vs Cain Velasquez and the winner get a shot at the winner of Carwin/Lesnar.. I can't see the heavyweight division going any other way. JDS vs Velasquez would be fight of the year in my eyes.

Welterweight:

The first point is that everyone has to understand is that GSP is just too good for every other welterweight. Dana White was saying that all Dan Hardy had to do was work on his take down defence and it would have been an "interesting fight". Does that mean BJ Penn has to work on his takedown defence too? NO-ONE can stop Gsp's takedowns at welterweight! I think if GSP stays at welterweight he will continue to be in boring fights' date=' not because he's a boring fighter, but because he doesn't want to lose his belt and/or get knocked out, so he will just take everyoen down and stay active enough to not get stood up.

I'd personally just like to see GSP challenge himself and move up to middleweight and maybe face a top contender like Vitor Belfort or Wanderlie Silva or someone that will be an exciting fight, and then if he wins fight Anderson Silva for the belt. I reakon that would be smart for Dana White to do and it would bring more fan to the UFC.

Heavyweight:

We need to see JDS vs Cain Velasquez and the winner get a shot at the winner of Carwin/Lesnar.. I can't see the heavyweight division going any other way. JDS vs Velasquez would be fight of the year in my eyes.[/quote']

I won't knock you for being a little slow on the times since your an aussie but...do you follow MMA at all, like I mean interviews and such?

Neither of these things will happen. GSP is staying at WW and Dana White said that makes him happy. JDS v Velasquez will not happen. It doesnt make financial sense to only promote one fighter. Both will take different fighters so both can get title shots

I won't knock you for being a little slow on the times since your an aussie but...do you follow MMA at all' date=' like I mean interviews and such?[/quote']

i no its all not gonna happen. but it should. dont bag out an aussie dude

GSP would get destroyed at MW all hes got going for him is great wrestling and strength but that only takes you so far

Yeah because the competition @ MW is so fierce...

i no its all not gonna happen. but it should. dont bag out an aussie dude

I'm not Im just saying you don't watch interviews and press conference though.

Dana doesn't want GSP moving up.

Dana said Cain/JDS won't happen.

Yeah because the competition @ MW is so fierce...

Only reason he wins at WW is cause he can take people down and lay on them with ease(yes i know he does excellent ground work but besides the point right now). He wouldnt be able to do that to alot of guys in MW. Thus hed get destroyed

Only reason he wins at WW is cause he can take people down and lay on them with ease(yes i know he does excellent ground work but besides the point right now). He wouldnt be able to do that to alot of guys in MW. Thus hed get destroyed

so you must be totally counting out cain

Why Because GSP has no stand up? Because Wrestling is all about strength and not leverage and technique? Can't he put on weight?

Because if wrestling wasnt 60% strength GSP wouldnt be working out with olympians. and no GSPs frame has about as much lean muscle mass as it can possibly take