Sign in to follow this  
bright508620

who do you think will be champions by 2011?????

Who do you believe will be the champs for each weight class by the start of 2011?

(we can look at this post when 2011 comes and see who wins)

MY PICKS..........

lightweight: BJ PENN

welterweight: GSP

middleweight: CHAEL SONNEN

light heavyweight: JON JONES

heavyweight: CAIN VELASQUEZ

bj will try to go up to WW but will get killed by GSP and go back down once again. GSP wont ever lose his belt whether he lays and prays every fight he wont ever lose it. chael sonnen is much like GSP. great takedowns and he works very well. jon jones is only growing and i think by the end of the year dana will have tog ive him a shot. maybe early next year. but i still think that dana will have to give him it even though he wants to wait a year. cain velasquez beats dos sontos by tko and then faces brock for the title. or carwin. but i think it will be brock and cain will literalkly outwrestle brock. these are my pick. WHAT ARE YOURS?? IF BE HAPPY TO KNOW:)

lw. kenny florian

ww. bj penn

mw.anderson silva or chael sonnen

lhw. anderson silva or jon jones

hw. junior dos santos

i predict gsp will move up to middleweight for good in 2011 but not have what it takes to beat the larger middleweights that leaves welterweight free for bj to dominate.

well hmmmm this is who i want

LW - Tyson Griffin

WW - Paulo Thiago

MW - Nate Marquardt

LHW - Lil Nog

HW - Stefan Struve (not gonna happen this year well not for a few but o well)

This is who itl probably be

LW - BJ Penn

WW - Paulo Thiago

MW - Anderson Silva

LHW - Lil Nog

HW - Brock Lesnar

knowing that anderson silva will probably retired this year i would have to go with

LW - BJ penn

WW- Ricardo Almeida ( he is much more well rounded than gsp and has enough experience to beat him)

MW - Nate Marquart -( he will beat sonnen in a rematch and is much better well rounded fighter)

LHW- Jon Jones/ Machida/ Rua ( very hard to predict )

HW - JDS

didnt we have a sig bet u never kept ur word on?

you cant seriously think bones is gonna get a title shot this year do you?

No I don't believe we ever had a sig bet. If we did tell me and I'll put it as my sig. And no, I don't. It says the end of 2011 which is next year

Just 8 months for the end of 2010 so dumb thread but here goes nothing:

LW - BJ Penn

WW- GSP

MW- Anderson Silva

LHW- Shogun

HW- Shane Carwin

I don't see anyone on the lighter weight classes able to dethrone the champions and they will not vacant the position by moving up this year.

knowing that anderson silva will probably retired this year i would have to go with

LW - BJ penn

WW- Ricardo Almeida ( he is much more well rounded than gsp and has enough experience to beat him)MW - Nate Marquart -( he will beat sonnen in a rematch and is much better well rounded fighter)

LHW- Jon Jones/ Machida/ Rua ( very hard to predict )

HW - JDS

No he's not. He couldn't take GSP down and GSP would just pick im apart on the feet.

LW: Bj Penn

WW: GSP

MW: A.Silva or' date=' Chael Sonnen

LHW: Shogun,[b']Evans[/b], or A.Silva

HW: Shane Carwin

evans is a darkhorse and if he sticks to his wrestling he could be champ for a very long time.

I don't think any of the champs are moving.

The only iffy class is HW with Carwin, but I really don't think anyone is going anywhere.

evans is a darkhorse and if he sticks to his wrestling he could be champ for a very long time.

Well Dana said he wasn't going to give Jones any top contenders for at least a year or next 3-4 fights so I didn't even bother to put him.

I really do hope this never happens...

I would fuc**ng hate to have a LHW Black version of GSP as the champ...

y is the former champ a darkhorse? anyways there are a lot of young wrestlers in this division as well, Bader, Jones, Mr. Wonderful, etc...

assuming everyone stays in their current weight classes...

LW: BJ

MW: Silva

LHW: Shogun

HW: Carwin

y is the former champ a darkhorse? anyways there are a lot of young wrestlers in this division as well' date=' Bader, Jones, Mr. Wonderful, etc...

assuming everyone stays in their current weight classes...

LW: BJ

MW: Silva

LHW: Shogun

HW: Carwin[/quote']

i meant that no one is picking him to be champion in 2011 and if you ask most people on these forums they would claim that asilva,machida,shogun,bones and rampage would beat him.

LW:BJ Penn

WW:Georges St-Pierre

MW:Anderson Silva (if he stays) Nate Marquardt (if Silva leaves)

LHW:Lyoto Machida (if he beats Shogun) Anderson Silva (if Shogun becomes champ)

HW:Shane Carwin

LW: BJ Penn

WW: GSP ( Dana says he doesn't even want GSP to move up and GSP by no means seems determined to do so)

MW: Anderson Silva or Vitor Belfort

LHW: Machida ( rather certain after he goes through shogun this time, most will agree Hes going to hold onto the belt.)

HW: Brock , Carwin, Junior Dos Santos

For LHW depending on how rapidly they improve Jon Jones and Bader could challenge for that belt but i highly doubt it. Jones is WAY OVER HYPED.

Take Care

LW - BJ Penn

WW- GSP

MW- Anderson Silva

LHW- Shogun

HW- Shane Carwin

I don't see anyone on the lighter weight classes able to dethrone the champions and they will not vacant the position by moving up this year.

Yeah the only post on this forum by someone who knows what there talking about. you guys are retarded if you think chael sonnen is going to beat anderson silva. only champ that is changing is carwin

Well Dana said he wasn't going to give Jones any top contenders for at least a year or next 3-4 fights so I didn't even bother to put him.

When did Dana say this, I think Jones has definitely earned the right to fight the elite of the division... At least a year or 3-4 fights, what a slap in the face when you look at some of the much lesser accomplished fighters who have fought for a belt. Do you have a reference for this by any chance?

When did Dana say this' date=' I think Jones has definitely earned the right to fight the elite of the division... At least a year or 3-4 fights, what a slap in the face when you look at some of the much lesser accomplished fighters who have fought for a belt. Do you have a reference for this by any chance?[/quote']

dana didnt say this jon said it himself

When did Dana say this' date=' I think Jones has definitely earned the right to fight the elite of the division... At least a year or 3-4 fights, what a slap in the face when you look at some of the much lesser accomplished fighters who have fought for a belt. Do you have a reference for this by any chance?[/quote']

Dana said this, can't find the link but he did.

And btw, he's not gonna get a title shot but he is definitely fighting top LHW's from now on...

The only one I see losing the belt anytime soon is Machida to Shogun. The rest will stay the same unless Anderson somehow retires by then which is highly unlikely. Guys like Jones and Bader will be prime contenders, but not quite at the level to challenge Machida and Shogun just yet. And to those who are saying that Brock is going to be knocked off will be very, very disappointed.

Who I think will be champ:

HW- Brock Lesnar

LHW- Rampage (A. Silva if they actually gave him a shot at title once Machida loses)

MW- A. Silva

WW- GSP

LW- BJ Penn

Who I want:

HW- Carwin

LHW- Rampage, A. Silva, or Rashad

MW- A. Silva

WW- T. Alves

LW- Really don't care.... (Need some new contenders)

Yeah the only post on this forum by someone who knows what there talking about. you guys are retarded if you think chael sonnen is going to beat anderson silva. only champ that is changing is carwin

the only type of people chael lose to are people with bjj like maia or filo. now i know a lot of these fools have good jits, but im sure chael can walk through most of it. im not saying it is guaranteed or anything, but he has a better shot at silva than any1. just another rashad or gsp.

HW- Carwin (He's gunna KO brock, Lesnar wont be able to GnP Carwin_

LHW- Shogun (I expect he will come out hungrier and smarter)

MW- A. Silva (unless he moves up) then- Nate Marquardt

WW- Bj Penn (main reason GSP won last time was Bj's conditioning)

LW- Bj Penn (he wants to test the waters at WW and not abandon his LW belt)

Who do you believe will be the champs for each weight class by the start of 2011?

(we can look at this post when 2011 comes and see who wins)

MY PICKS..........

lightweight: BJ PENN

welterweight: GSP

middleweight: Nate Marquadt

light heavyweight: Lyoto Machida

heavyweight: Shane CarWIN

bj will try to go up to WW but will get killed by GSP and go back down once again. GSP wont ever lose his belt whether he lays and prays every fight he wont ever lose it. chael sonnen is much like GSP. great takedowns and he works very well. jon jones is only growing and i think by the end of the year dana will have tog ive him a shot. maybe early next year. but i still think that dana will have to give him it even though he wants to wait a year. cain velasquez beats dos sontos by tko and then faces brock for the title. or carwin. but i think it will be brock and cain will literalkly outwrestle brock. these are my pick. WHAT ARE YOURS?? IF BE HAPPY TO KNOW:)

Fixed

Dana said Jon Jones wasn't going to get any top contenders for the next 3-4 fights or over a year at the UFC 111 Q&A and pre fight press conference.

edit: sorry this was a response to those who asked on the previous page.

265 Lesnar Champion beats JDS to retain HW TITLE

205 Jon Jones beats Shogun Champion for LHW TITLE

185 GSP beats Sonnen Champion for MW TITLE

170 Penn beats Alves for Vacant WW TITLE

155 Sanchez beats Florian for Vacant LW TITLE

Why did so many people put Chael Sonnen the only way he will be champ is if A.Silva retires what a joke.

this is why, WRESTLING! even if Silva beats Sonnen, I think Silva would lose to Belfort and we all know how Belfort fairs against Wrestlers, so even if Silva runs through them the odds are they'll fight each other for the vacated title and there you have it...

LW - BJ Penn

WW- GSP

MW- Anderson Silva

LHW- Shogun

HW- Shane Carwin

I agreed!