Sign in to follow this  
Tieken52

What a bad time to be Heavyweight in Pro MMA right now

I do not care what you say or how you say it, the Heavyweight division is now the most stacked division in all of Professional MMA. I dare you to give me one other division that has great fighters top to bottom that each have a shot at putting gold around there waist. So i say lets look how we classify these Heavyweights.

The Elite Group:

Fedor Emelianenko

Brock Lesnar

Shane Carwin

Frank Mir

The Soon to be in the Elite Group:

Cain Velasquez

Brett Rogers

Junior Dos Santos

The Experience Group:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Andrei Arlovski

Alistair Overeem

The Rising Stars:

Roy Nelson

Stefan Struve

Todd Duffee

The Middle of the Pack:

Fabricio Werdum

Gabriel Gonzaga

Antonio Silva

Stars Before MMA:

Kimbo Slice

Herschel Walker

Bobby Lashley

James Toney?

Falling Down the List:

Mirko Cro Cop

Ben Rothwell

Paul Buentello

The Unclassified:

Chieck Kongo

Gilbery Yvel

Pat Barry

I know it's a lot to put in, but you would have to agree with me. Heavyweights are here and ready to put on great fights. All these fighters could as well be deserving of a title shot....well maybe not the "Stars before MMA" group. I think you get my point here.

All these fighters could be classfied in different groups, some might think Velasquez and Nog are in the Elite Group. Some think Gonzaga and Arlovski are in the falling down group. All this is, is to prove that the Heavyweight division is STACKED and that right now, it's a bad time to be a Heavyweight, but not for us fans.

You could have put Crocop in experienced group since you have Arlovski and Nog there. And you should definitly put Mir and Brock out of elite group.

Light heavy weight

Elite group

Lyoto Machida

Shogun Rua

Anderson Silva

Rampage jackson

Rasha evans

Gerard Mousasi

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

The Experience Group/ fallin down stars

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

The Rising Stars:

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Phil Davis

Middle pack

Krystof Soszynszky

James Irvin

Luis Cane

Stephan Bonnar

Matt Hammill

Gustafsson

Try harder next time dude.

HW is somewhat stacked but it doesnt even come close to LHW

i disagree with alot of the categories

also, when people talk about most stacked they usually talk about within an organization

but across MMA, i would say you're right

You could have put Crocop in experienced group since you have Arlovski and Nog there. And you should definitly put Mir and Brock out of elite group.

Shut up Brock is the UFC Heavyweigt Champion and even if you hate him anyone can say that he isnt in the elite category.

Light heavy weight

Elite group

Lyoto Machida

Shogun Rua

Anderson Silva

Rampage jackson

Rasha evans

Gerard Mousasi

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

The Rising Stars:

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Phil Davis

Middle pack

Krystof Soszynszky

James Irvin

Luis Cane

Stephan Bonnar

Matt Hammill

Gustafsson

Forrest is never going to be an elite fighter and Jardine was never a star. I agree that LHW is the most stacked division though

All of the divisions are stacked but I have to say that IMO LW and WW are the most stacked they have nothing but top contenders fighting 24 7 and every fighter is hungrier than ever. I also think that LHW and HW have a better chance of changing titles than any other division in MMA. On a side note looking at the lists posted gave me a sweet idea for a fight tht I would like to get everyones oppinion on how do you think a fight between Cro Cop and Arlovski would play out if the UFC ever brought Arlovski back?

All of the divisions are stacked but I have to say that IMO LW and WW are the most stacked they have nothing but top contenders fighting 24 7 and every fighter is hungrier than ever. I also think that LHW and HW have a better chance of changing titles than any other division in MMA. On a side note looking at the lists posted gave me a sweet idea for a fight tht I would like to get everyones oppinion on how do you think a fight between Cro Cop and Arlovski would play out if the UFC ever brought Arlovski back?

Arlovski by TKO in Round 2.

Forrest is never going to be an elite fighter and Jardine was never a star. I agree that LHW is the most stacked division though

I put jardine under the experience and falling out stars. And jardine does have a lot of experience under his belt.

Take a look who has jardine fought in his last 7 fights

Thiago silva

ryan bader

rampage jackson

brandon vera

wanderlei silva

chuck liddell

As per forrest griffin , I have a bias opinion about griffin. He did have a bad night against the spider but so does everybody who faces the spider... Then you look up who forrest griffin has beat and you will say names such as rua , rampage... And he already proved to you and everybody he can be the champion. Say what you want but Griffin holded the LHW belt and that my friend counts (specially in the toughest divsion in mma)

Arlovski by TKO in Round 2.

I was thinkin the same his speed is too much for Cro Cop it would prob be alot like JDS vs Cro Cop.

Light heavy weight

Elite group

Lyoto Machida

Shogun Rua

Anderson Silva

Rampage jackson

Rasha evans

Gerard Mousasi

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

The Rising Stars:

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Phil Davis

Middle pack

Krystof Soszynszky

James Irvin

Luis Cane

Stephan Bonnar

Matt Hammill

Gustafsson

Griffin! Soon to be elite!....Are you serious?

Griffin! Soon to be elite!....Are you serious?

yes , he only needs to win 2 fights and he is back in track ... Everybody looks bad against the spider , it doesnt mean they suck ... Henderson , marquart and in some levels frankling got back .. If griffin took down rua and rampage why not?? or are you going to start making up excuses for griffin winning those two fights???

yes ' date=' he only needs to win 2 fights and he is back in track ... Everybody looks bad against the spider , it doesnt mean they suck ... Henderson , marquart and in some levels frankling got back .. If griffin took down rua and rampage why not?? or are you going to start making up excuses for griffin winning those two fights???[/quote']

Im not making any excuses....I just think that Griffins best days are behind him.

Im not making any excuses....I just think that Griffins best days are behind him.

because of one lost??

Come on now !! .... If he would of lost to tito i may agree with you on some levels.. If griffin wins next fight ( depending on his opponent) he could pretty well be in the top 5 again . Although some top 5 would have to loose ...

In reality griffin wins next 2 and he is back in the mix ...

Its hard to judge someone because of a lost against the spider. He is just in a different level. And he wasnt a good match up for griffin

because of one lost??

Come on now !! .... If he would of lost to tito i may agree with you on some levels.. If griffin wins next fight ( depending on his opponent) he could pretty well be in the top 5 again . Although some top 5 would have to loose ...

Its hard to judge someone because of a lost against the spider. He is just in a different level. And he wasnt a good match up for griffin

lil nog is his next opp. I believe

because of one lost??

I dont think he has a prayer against lil nog though....Granted lil nog's boxing isnt as good as Silvas...But its light years ahead of Griffins

lil nog is his next opp. I believe

thats a pretty tough opponent. If griffin can get pass lil nog then he will prove that he belongs in the top tier. But lil nog is also a bad match up for griffin , not as bad a the spider..

I like both (lil nog and griffin) so it doesnt matter who wins :P

Light heavy weight

Elite group

Lyoto Machida

Shogun Rua

Anderson Silva

Rampage jackson

Rasha evans

Gerard Mousasi

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

The Rising Stars:

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Phil Davis

Middle pack

Krystof Soszynszky

James Irvin

Luis Cane

Stephan Bonnar

Matt Hammill

Gustafsson

I'll still pick HW over LHW..even though my boy Machida is in there.

I lost all faith in this thread when I saw that Frank Mir was included in the list of the elite.

Frank Mir the same guy who lost to Brandon Vera? lol

Light heavy weight

Elite group

Lyoto Machida

Shogun Rua

Anderson Silva

Rampage jackson

Rasha evans

Gerard Mousasi

Lil Nog

Forrest Griffin

Thiago Silva

Randy Couture

Chuck Liddell

Tito Ortiz

Keith Jardine

The Rising Stars:

Jon Jones

Ryan Bader

Phil Davis

Middle pack

Krystof Soszynszky

James Irvin

Luis Cane

Stephan Bonnar

Matt Hammill

Gustafsson

Brandon Vera should be mentioned. Jon Jones is soon to be elite my firend...try harder next time.

I lost interest as soon as i saw lesnar (4-1) apart of the elite group with fedor (35-1)

I agree and Im a Lesnar fan. I do think that maybe being the UFC Heavyweight champ makes you elite though. Dont you?

Brandon Vera should be mentioned. Jon Jones is soon to be elite my firend...try harder next time.

True. I agree with the bold part. I refuse to take part in insults.

I do not care what you say or how you say it' date=' the Heavyweight division is now the most stacked division in all of Professional MMA.[b'] I dare you to give me one other division that has great fighters top to bottom that each have a shot at putting gold around there waist[/b]. So i say lets look how we classify these Heavyweights.

The Elite Group:

Fedor Emelianenko

Brock Lesnar

Shane Carwin

Frank Mir

LHW!!! Ever since Rampage showed up it's been a max. of 1 sucessful title defense for over 2 years now.

Liddell>Rampage>Forrest>Evans>Machida

+ active Hall of Famers (Couture, Liddell) and prospects that could be contenders tomorow (Bader, Jones) then toss in Lil Nog, and Franklin, and that is as complete a division you can find.

Mir and Lesnar in the "elite" haha. Did you even watch 111 before posting this thread?

I will say I have a new found interest in the divison though (not because of TUF 10).

However, the problem with the HW div. will always be even matched fighters that don't finish quick, run out of gas and just stand/lay there in the later rounds.

LHW!!! Ever since Rampage showed up it's been a max. of 1 sucessful title defense for over 2 years now.

Liddell>Rampage>Forrest>Evans>Machida

+ active Hall of Famers (Couture' date=' Liddell) and prospects that could be contenders tomorow (Bader, Jones) then toss in Lil Nog, and Franklin, and that is as complete a division you can find.

Mir and Lesnar in the "elite" haha. Did you even watch 111 before posting this thread?

I will say I have a new found interest in the divison though (not because of TUF 10).

However, the problem with the HW div. will always be even matched fighters that don't finish quick, run out of gas and just stand/lay there in the later rounds.[/quote']

Machida did defend it once and on his second defense. Im just sayin.

Man all you guys bad mouthing the OP are literally gay. the dude made a thread about his opinion on lets face it a pretty stacked division. no need to let your balls fill up with testosterone and get all argumentative saying "frank mir/brock... shouldnt be elite...etc etc"

Who gives a fook?? you clearly missed the focus of the thread. it wasnt about categorizing fighters, it was just showing the talent pool in the HW division which is clearly stacked as high as an americans pancakes!

if you disagree you should read my sig - it's about you!

sorry dude HW division will never be the most stacked.

at least not in the UFC.

Yeah.

It's now actually worth watching for the first time in a loooong time....Tim Sylvia's time at the top was a borefest...that's probably way the aging Capt. America came out of retirement to beat him up

O dear....

You do realize that Forrest WAS the LHW champ right?

And that Jardine beat Liddell and other noteables before tumbling down the ladder?

Opinions aren't the same as facts

I was thinkin the same his speed is too much for Cro Cop it would prob be alot like JDS vs Cro Cop.

Except that Arlovski is timid now due to the fact that he has the worst chin in MMA history....and JDS is a PREDATOR

Man all you guys bad mouthing the OP are literally gay. the dude made a thread about his opinion on lets face it a pretty stacked division. no need to let your balls fill up with testosterone and get all argumentative saying "frank mir/brock... shouldnt be elite...etc etc"

Who gives a fook?? you clearly missed the focus of the thread. it wasnt about categorizing fighters' date=' it was just showing the talent pool in the HW division which is clearly stacked as high as an americans pancakes!

if you disagree you should read my sig - it's about you![/quote']

Couldn't agree with you more, everyone is completely missing the boat. Saying "I stopped reading this thread when u mentioned Frank/Brock is an elite" so what are you some kind of mma god of knowledge that knows exactly what each fighter is categorized under. Its all based on opinions.

Main point is the HW division got stacked and I'm definitely exited about each and every matchup way more than I am about the other divisions.

Except that Arlovski is timid now due to the fact that he has the worst chin in MMA history....and JDS is a PREDATOR

+1 on the chin. That fight would garner huge ratings.

I thought Cote is The Predator? Just kidding. Was furiously m*sterbaiting in my mom's basement and wanted to comment.

+1 on the chin. That fight would garner huge ratings.

I thought Cote is The Predator? Just kidding. Was furiously m*sterbaiting in my mom's basement and wanted to comment.

awesome post.