Sign in to follow this  
Leonie

all 112 Silva vs Maia discussions go here

Maia should try the flying heel hook, and when he lands on his butt, he can point and laugh at Silva and say "remember"? Silva will get mad and jump on him and Maia will get the submission or at least Silva will kick him in the head and Maia will win by DQ.

Maia should try the flying heel hook' date=' and when he lands on his butt, he can point and laugh at Silva and say "remember"? Silva will get mad and jump on him and Maia will get the submission or at least Silva will kick him in the head and Maia will win by DQ.[/quote']

+1 hahaha

Maybe Dana should let Silva get in the ring with Brock and take a big ham hock to the skull for his clowning. I am starting to wonder if the taunting and refusing to engage isn't part of his game. Maybe he likes to play it safe too much. Maybe he will lose to someone who plays the waiting game with him.

All the hating makes me laugh?,, fight was a Silva master class.

The Fight was a miss match from the off Maia is one dimensional Silva new this and after doing enough in the 1st 3 rounds relaxed.

In doing so may have saved Maia alot of injury even a career ending one.

Why should he knock Maia out if he doesn't need to this is spose to be a sport don't forget. He was dictating where the fight was gonna take place and inviting Maia on, it wasn't till the last round that Maia started swinging in desperate fashion.

Stop hating and enjoy a master at work.

Bring on GSP though omg what a prospect.

I think maybe should be a catch weight fight though to be fair but guess it couldn't be a title fight then so if Anderson wants to cut down to 170 hats off to him.

He didn't dictate where the fight took place, there was no fight until maia had enough of it and put it all out there to end the fight one way or the other and scared silva. And i know the reply is gonna come that he wasn't scared but why else would he openly run from his opponent? that was houston alexander v2 at its finest.

Yeah,I'm with randyfan on this one. It just wasn't a challenge. Silva had him outclassed in every way. May have come across as arrogant to some,But I just saw a guy having some fun. Respect to Maia as well though,He showed heart,But sorry brother...Just not at Silva's level yet.

Silva should be signed to a minimum contarct and pay him bonuses for actually finishing a fight. That was a total joke. This will be the last PPV that I buy with Silva on it. Dana, this isn't the first time this jack azz has pulled this shat.

Silva should be embarassed to call himself a champion. A champion strives to compete every moment of the competion and Anderson clearly was more interested in playing around. Even if it means a 5 second knock out in the first round at least he was putting his best effort forward. I would rather pay money to see that than the farce I just watched.

Excalibur16

He didn't dictate where the fight took place' date=' there was no fight until maia had enough of it and put it all out there to end the fight one way or the other and scared silva. And i know the reply is gonna come that he wasn't scared but why else would he openly run from his opponent? that was houston alexander v2 at its finest.[/quote']

???

Maia was the challenger it was up to him to take the belt, his only shot at that was on the ground as his stand up is very weak. Silva just kindly let him know he wasn't even in the fight, it could have been alot worse for Maia I think he should be thanking his stars that Silva didn't offload.

If you play basketball vs an 8 year old do you just go and play as hard as you can knocking him down and dunking on him? Or do you goof off and mess with him?

lol well put this is what we saw as I said Silva master class.

Id blame the matchmakers for making a stupid matchup before I would blame A.Silva for being disrespectful. UFC wanted him to defend the belt couldnt get anyone better so they got Maia. Deep down we all knew it was gunna be a stupid fight so suck it up and become a pro MMA fighter so you can show other MMA fighters how to act until then shut up.

???

Maia was the challenger it was up to him to take the belt' date=' his only shot at that was on the ground as his stand up is very weak. Silva just kindly let him know he wasn't even in the fight, it could have been alot worse for Maia I think he should be thanking his stars that Silva didn't offload.[/quote']

It is up to the challenger to take the belt but they were in an MMA competition, isn't it up to the champion to put an effort in and try to knock the challenger out of the competion?

after watching the worst fight i have ever seen in MMA .i can say that anderson silva is the complete opposite of what you would consider your champion. i truly really hope that Dana breaks a foot off in his **** about his sorry **** performance!!!! as far as i'm concerned Silva embarrassed himself today.

Well imo that was Dana Whites fault Nate the Great would have been a much better match up its not Silva's fault if they give him a bad match up and he feels bad to hurt the guy to much.

These fighters are people they have friends maybe Anderson liked Maia.

Hi Mr. White,

I will not be paying to watch UFC events that include Adnerson Silva. He's not a champion, he's a jerk. His fight is backing up. If you had two Anderson Silvas in the ring, there would be no fight. There are so many other aggressive, awesome, tough fighters in the UFC don't let Silva ruin it, don't let him be a Floyd Mayweather. Blacklist Anderson Silva. Thank you for all the other great UFC's. FtFan

Hi Mr. White' date='

I will not be paying to watch UFC events that include Adnerson Silva. He's not a champion, he's a jerk. His fight is backing up. If you had two Anderson Silvas in the ring, there would be no fight. There are so many other aggressive, awesome, tough fighters in the UFC don't let Silva ruin it, don't let him be a Floyd Mayweather. Blacklist Anderson Silva. Thank you for all the other great UFC's. FtFan[/quote']

So let me get this straight if Fedor comes to the UFC and its Brock lesnar vs Fedor and the co main event is A.silva vs GSP you wouldnt watch it because A.Silva is in it? Dont be stupid and if you answer is you wouldnt buy it then your not really a MMA fan and I doubt "Mr.White" gives a crap about you.

It is up to the challenger to take the belt but they were in an MMA competition' date=' isn't it up to the champion to put an effort in and try to knock the challenger out of the competion?[/quote']

I don't see why its a sport winning is the aim why should he put himself at unnecessary risk by trying to finish the fight early.

Every fighter tries to force his opponent to fight his game. Its not Andersons fault hes so good at his game.

All I saw was Silva run out of gas after the 3rd round. JSP will capitalize on that. Weather the storm for the first 2 rounds then attack. Silva is a ****** bag. Dana White should be very dissapointed with him.. If you fight fight like your all that, then finish it. I feel sorry for Anderson. He did look good for the first 2 rounds, but after that? Then at the end of the fight they just annouced the Anderson was the winner. No numbers were given? Wierd all of the other fight had the round scores announced. Felt to me like the judges scored it for Maia and Dana White just through out the judges scores and annouced Anderson as the winner.