Sign in to follow this  
Leonie

all 112 Silva vs Maia discussions go here

Silva outclassed Maia in every way. For the UFC to even line up such a fight is ridiculous. Silva had already cleared out the division anyway. This fight showcased the absolute lack of talent that the UFC's middleweight divison possesses. Nobody in that division has the talent to beat Silva. GSP (Silva's only realistic foe) refuses to move up a weight class to fight - just like the french coward he is.

The UFC is a joke.

If you play basketball vs an 8 year old do you just go and play as hard as you can knocking him down and dunking on him? Or do you goof off and mess with him?

I might goof off in that situation...But:

Maia is not an 8 year old.

It was a UFC main event and MW championship bout.

The paying fans were booing.

The boss was most likely breathing fire out of his nose.

Silva was getting paid in six figures.

MMA is his job and his passion. and...

At one point he was dragging his knuckles on the ground.

The Silva fight was disgusting to watch. I know he cant be stripped of his title, but his Super fight against GSP should be cancelled. Out of principle I wouldnt want to watch another Anderson Silva fight. Damion Maia deserved an award just because of the heart he showed in the last two rounds.

If we was such an "ALI" type of superior fighter as he displayed up until round 3, why didnt he finish Maia off, he was too interested in showboating.....horrendous

he said that damian maia disrespected him now i may be wrong but i didnt hear demian say one bad word silva, reminds me of brock lesner after the mir 2 fight disrespectful and disgusting silva needs to get KO, maybe thn he wont showboat.

Silva's my favourite fighter but I don't know what he was doing in this one. He dominated in the first 2 rounds and tried to knock Maia out but couldn't.

I thought during round 3/4 that he was annoyed that Maia was just defending and maybe he was doing his Maia impression of running away. I expected him to knock him out in the 4th or 5th round but he didn't do anything.

Weird fight. Wonder what him and Dana are going to say afterwards.

just where are the judges scores?

silva can be taken down.gsp can take him down,but can he do the damage..

with silvas running and gsp's lay and pray im disapointed.both are talented but need to step it up to get my vote for p4p.fedor's not perfect,but he has the edge for me.an ENTERTAINING fighter.

I want to foot note this post with, I have great respect for all those that compete in this sport and aside from being a loyal and avid fan I have no right to criticise, BUT... (Note the big but).

What can my mere words do to change/improve the farce that is Anderson Silva? In truth nothing, but I want to add to the, no doubt, loud voice that is baffled, disappointed, and most of all angry at the performances of the man considered the best fighter in the world.

The disgusting lack of respect for his opponents is also disappointing to see, but lack of respect for the sport, the profession, his title, the UFC... If I missed anything please add. Either way it has to end, one way or another.

GSP v. Silva? You have to earn the right to be a part of a fight like that, and Silva has some way to go to deserve that honour.

I'll stop there, I'm just getting myself more annoyed at the situation, and I’ll end up doing something stupid like start watching baseball for some excitement.

Silva outclassed Maia in every way. For the UFC to even line up such a fight is ridiculous. Silva had already cleared out the division anyway. This fight showcased the absolute lack of talent that the UFC's middleweight divison possesses. Nobody in that division has the talent to beat Silva. GSP (Silva's only realistic foe) refuses to move up a weight class to fight - just like the french coward he is.

The UFC is a joke.

silva showed anything but class.

i believe silva is trying to style himself on ali with his antics.he's missjudged the situation badly.he let himself down tonight with his disrespectful antics.watching the fight as an admirer of silva i soon found myself hoping to see him get put on his butt.

watching the fight as an admirer of silva i soon found myself hoping to see him get put on his butt.

and you call yourself a fan? dont make me laugh..

"fans" like you ruin this sport.

Anderson Silva is a piece of sh@t. That was pitiful and anyone who watched that should be reimbursed. Unless he fights a HW or LHW that'll bring the fight to him relentlessly I won't ever buy another of his fights. He's obviously more than capable of destroying pretty much anyone and just chooses to make an a$$ of himself.

Seriously, if silva would have wanted to finnish the fight he could have, no doubt. I'm really starting to think that the plan was to not finnish the fight, probably something behind that. In 10 years the UFC will probably be WWE..................

If you play basketball vs an 8 year old do you just go and play as hard as you can knocking him down and dunking on him? Or do you goof off and mess with him?

U dunk on him once, shake his hand and take your ball

Id blame the matchmakers for making a stupid matchup before I would blame A.Silva for being disrespectful. UFC wanted him to defend the belt couldnt get anyone better so they got Maia. Deep down we all knew it was gunna be a stupid fight so suck it up and become a pro MMA fighter so you can show other MMA fighters how to act until then shut up.

FINE THEN! I'M GOING TO THE GYM! Just kidding I was going anyway.

Yea, so I am getting ready for the fight tonight and yahoo already posted the results... I didn't have to click on the link, it just says it... Thanks yahoo for saving me $60.00 on PPV but seriously I wanted to watch but WTF is the point.. Yahoo sucks.. Dana whaddup with the pr on this? :(

Silva's a piece if s***? Man, blame Dana not Silva, its not his fault fighters suck compared to him and Dana has nobody to match him up with.... Doesn't anybody notice how Dana is all up in the shows and fights like P Diddy in his gay bands? C'mon , listen to Josh K. talk " I do what Dana says..." UFC is about to turn into WWE... Man, Anderson Silva all day long, he's a monster and too big for UFC.

Ok just saw the show AND DAMN IM DISAPPOINTED. Like a lot of you I suppose. Silva could of finish the fight in 2 times 3 movements but no he did his lame ****, actually I love seeing him do his crazy stuff but this time he kept going for too long, doing nothing. It's like a joke that never stops, it gets lame even if it was good at the beginning...

While Silva admittedly is a great fighter . Tonight he was totally disrespectful to his opponent and the sport. The clowning and funny games just doesn't belong in the U.F.C If the U.F.C has some sort of fine system he should face one .

All I got to say is that I am glad I heard the outcome and how terrible the main event was. I saved myself some money and didn't rent it this time!!! Dana White probabaly lost a bunch of money due to peeps hearing about Silva and not renting the PPV. Silva should not be able to fight in a league of such elite fighters. He is a disgrace to MMA and the UFC and should not have the opportunity to fight such a great fighter as GSP. Any fights that have Silva in them from here on out, I will not RENT the PPV. Its just not worth it.

My .02 worth.

He is a disgrace to MMA and the UFC and should not have the opportunity to fight such a great fighter as GSP. Any fights that have Silva in them from here on out' date=' I will not RENT the PPV. Its just not worth it. [/b']

My .02 worth.

Wtf. I guess that the feeling of wasting your money makes you mad & darkens your judgement. (like i said to someone else here)

well, you've all made some interesting points but I am afraid the good many of you are overlooking the real issue here. while I will concede that Maia could be a formidable foe for any normal middleweight in the UFC; Anderson Silva is not a normal middleweight. It is time for Dana White to step things up and urge Silva to take on a new direction; either light-heavyweight or welter-weight. The UFC can't keep nurturing Silva's ego in the middleweight division creating fights with sub par fighters and calling them number one contenders. number one contenders become number one contenders for a reason, it's what they do in the octagon that places them in such a position it's not just because they are the next person in line. we all know that Silva would have had Belfort if not for his injury, so what does the UFC do?. They turn to Sonnen who can't make it because he's still healing from the fight with Marquardt, so they in-turn go 3 deep to find a 'number one contender' in Maia.

One could argue there is one more interesting fight at middleweight for Silva if Belfort can get healthy soon. I agree with that as long as Belfort makes a speedy recovery. If he is out for another 6-8 months then I for one don't care to see another stand-in number one contender get shredded and made a fool out of by Silva just to fill out a card. There are way too many interesting fights out there to simply have card fillers.

There plenty of exceptional fights waiting for Silva at both welter-weight and light heavy-weight!

$55 for this PPV??? what a scam...is the last time that I pay to see Anderson Silva, such a freak! I don't understand him, what is all that crap on the octagon?? send him to a circus!!

I don't think he deserves the title is embarrasing for the sport...

I will never again order a PPV Silva is on period! Yes, you might get the best PFP fighter on earth, or you might get the clown we saw today. Not worth the risk if you live paycheck to paycheck. On a side not, way to go Edgar!, Great fight and very entertaining.

Silva felt his bjj was disrespected? Then why didn't he go in there and submit him? Wouldn't that have been the ultimate humiliation towards Maia?

Silva also felt he had to respect the unexpected power in Maia's hands. Umm, isn't it mandatory to engage regardless of power. Machida has fought some tough dudes with KO power, and he still manages to engage.

Most important, what was up with Rogan and Goldy? Why were they nuthuggin this **** clown. Yes, i am swearing. Don't even think of banning my **** tonight...I AM PISSED...that was a god damn waste of money.

Dana owes us. Make Silva fight on cable tv for his next three fights (One for Cote, Leites, and Maia).

silva shows too much showboating... at the start of the round he shows great respect to maia, but as the match goes on he disrespect him... yes silva is one of the elite fighter... but y clowning around inside the octagon?? and u cant blame maia... coz atleast maia tried... and damn silva could easily finish maia, but he choose to showbaot, and i found it funny that d fans at abu dhabi were shouting gsp... lol...

i dont think silva should fight gsp... let silva fight belfort first or even wandi.. and let's see if he act foolish again.. if he act like dat again... den go kick him at the ufc... coz the way he show up last night was a disgrace to mma....

Silva proves that he is a clown. Dana should tell him his next fight is Machida and if Silva says no, then hold him to his contract and don't give him any other fights... if he fights for another organization, sue the clowns a$$.

Maia showed heart, and I had to laugh when the crowd started chanting his name.

I was at the fight and my friend went home at the end of the 2nd round. When you pay $450 for a seat that is saying something. A number of people got up and left during the fight. Silva was disgraceful- he runied what was a great night until then.I'll be happy never to Silva fight again.

Wow- is Dana honest post-fight though. I got to give it to the guy. He calls it like it is.

the anderson silva fight was a fu@!ing disgrace. i understand that anderson silva is one of the greatest fighters in the world but for him to go out and act like a complete moron in the octogon he is making the sport look like a joke. i used to think anderson as a well respected fighter, now i see him as a fu$#ing idiot. it is totally rediculous to act like that in a fight if you know you can beat the guy just beat him dont dance around the fuc@in ring thinkin that your the coolest guy on the planet when really your just making a **** out of yourself. anderson silva you made a joke out of yourself and the sport of mma it doesnt matter how much you appologize your still a ****. i think of you know as a terrible fighter and will never watch any of your fights ever again you piece of sh!t fu@#face moron!

i hope when you fight GSP, he kicks your head off into the the ****in crowd then slams your body into the ground smashing it into a million pieces.

i can't believe i wasted $44.95 on this bs...and to top it all of ESPN had the results on it's bottom line even though they f'n knew the PPV was being shown in the states at 10pm i hate the world

UFC is the biggest joke. It reminded me of how boxing is now. Waste of money. It has made my decision to stop paying $60 for pay per views, very easy. Brutal UFC tonight. Silva is a joke and a disappointment.