Sign in to follow this  
proactive

Florian vs Sanchez 2?

Any thoughts on when the UFC will pair up Florian versus Sanchez? Florian is trying to climb back up the ladder to BJ, Sanchez just got knocked down about 3 rungs.

Its definitely a fight they can hype from The Ultimate Fighter show - not a headliner, but a definite co-headliner. I cant understand why they are avoiding this fight.

Any thoughts on when the UFC will pair up Florian versus Sanchez? Florian is trying to climb back up the ladder to BJ' date=' Sanchez just got knocked down about 3 rungs.

Its definitely a fight they can hype from The Ultimate Fighter show - not a headliner, but a definite co-headliner. I cant understand why they are avoiding this fight.[/quote']

Sanchez just moved back to WW.... thats why

I'd love to see this at 155 if sanchez decited to drop down again.. I'm pretty sure kenny would beat diego this time around..

I agree, id love to see it as well and i too think florian would beat sanchez this time around, but sachez literally just went back to WW after the BJ fight so I dont see it happening unless its a catchweight or he jumps down AGAIN. likemake up your mind diego seriously lol.

florian via rear naked. the only person i believe that stands any kind of chance at penns title is florian, if he is to work on his strength a bit.

I think its funny that diego went back to WW right after getting smashed by BJ then BJ starts talking about going back to WW sometime in the future, anybody think that diego will go back to LW if BJ goes up to WW lol and either way all his loses besides BJ are at WW does he think he can beat GSP who killed BJ lol it all just makes me laugh really hard

There is no way that Penn will go to Welterweight. Even if he makes it up to being a top contender, he already has two loses to GSP. How can the UFC hype that fight given that BJ has two loses to him.

That is like Liddel and Ortiz three - nobody is excited for that fight.

I think its funny that diego went back to WW right after getting smashed by BJ then BJ starts talking about going back to WW sometime in the future' date=' anybody think that diego will go back to LW if BJ goes up to WW lol and either way all his loses besides BJ are at WW does he think he can beat GSP who killed BJ lol it all just makes me laugh really hard[/quote']

Maybe its because he is scared of BJ but thinks GSPs title is more realistic because he is not as good as BJ at striking

There is no way that Penn will go to Welterweight. Even if he makes it up to being a top contender' date=' he already has two loses to GSP. How can the UFC hype that fight given that BJ has two loses to him.

That is like Liddel and Ortiz three - nobody is excited for that fight.[/quote']

No one would be hyped to watch a fight between fighters ranked 2nd and third in the P4P list dont be naive but I agree with you there BJ PENN WILL NEVER GO BACK TO WW

Maybe BJ will do a bit of hit and run in the division like taking the odd fight at WW but thats all ,He will not give up his title to fight in a division where every fighter has a distinct reach and height advantage

yea there was all the talk about him cementing his legacy at 155 and after a 3 fight streak hes leaving again, it doesnt make much sense when theres some more contenders like griffin and up and comers like etim and sotiropolis

at 155 Kenny would destroy Sanchez , not even going to be close. At WW Sanchez have no chance, if he fought kos or Finch again he would lose again and by a even bigger margin. Alves would beat him as well heck I think Rumble Johnson would kick his ****. GSP vs Sanchez? don't even go there.

It was a smart move for Sanchez to move back up to ww after losing to BJ! His only loss at lw was to the champion, so there is nothing to be ashamed of there! If he decided to stay at lw though and lost to Florian which would have been a good possibility, then where would he be, seeing as he destroyed Florian the first time?

Well' date=' I heard if Penn wins Saturday he is moving to Welterweight and abandoning the title.[/quote']

Penn said in a recent interview he hasn't said any such thing and that "a good champion would only be focused on Frankie Edgar right now" besides I love BJ (and Frankie) but after being destroyed by GSP (you can scream grease all you want he still had no chance) and GSP having no intentions of moving weight classes anytime soon what's the point.. At one time BJ was at the top of 170 too but now it's so stacked with guys I don't see him being able to take a john fitch or thiago alves, with BJ's build he could potentially make 145 and although he could clear out most the WW devision I don't see him as a champion there anymore

Penn said in a recent interview he hasn't said any such thing and that "a good champion would only be focused on Frankie Edgar right now" besides I love BJ (and Frankie) but after being destroyed by GSP (you can scream grease all you want he still had no chance) and GSP having no intentions of moving weight classes anytime soon what's the point.. At one time BJ was at the top of 170 too but now it's so stacked with guys I don't see him being able to take a john fitch or thiago alves' date=' with BJ's build he could potentially make 145 and although he could clear out most the WW devision I don't see him as a champion there anymore[/quote']

Bj would destroy Fitch easily imo, however Alves would be tough, but I would far from count BJ out against any ww even Gsp!

Bj would destroy Fitch easily imo' date=' however Alves would be tough, but [b']I would far from count BJ out against any ww even Gsp![/b]

Did you see their last fight at ufc 94 c'mon man, not 2 mention gsp has gotten better since then too. Yes bj has improved too but bj's improvement has come at LW. If bj does move up sanchez should go back down to LW I know thats ridiculous but he should've stayed their & waited in the first place.

I think if bj does go to LW it should be Sanchez vs Florian #1 contenders match to face gray maynard for the vacant title coz you have to give gray his shot now although he is boring he has earnt it. For the record I think sanchez would beat florian but it's really a 50/50 fight IMO.

Obviously bj has to beat edgar aswell for all this to happen.

Did you see their last fight at ufc 94 c'mon man' date=' not 2 mention gsp has gotten better since then too. Yes bj has improved too but bj's improvement has come at LW.[/quote']

Yeah of course I have!

Did you see that Gsp could not take Bj down the entire first round?

That he only started getting takedowns in the second because Bj DID NOT train hard enough!

I think a rubber match between them with Bj in the shape he is in now could be a very different story! At the very least Bj would last all 5 rounds this time instead of giving up from exhaustion!

Yeah of course I have!

Did you see that Gsp could not take Bj down the entire first round?

That he only started getting takedowns in the second because Bj DID NOT train hard enough!

I think a rubber match between them with Bj in the shape he is in now could be a very different story! At the very least Bj would last all 5 rounds this time instead of giving up from exhaustion!

You make some good points & i'm positive bj will put in a much better showing but the result will still be the same with GSP the winner. Bj is the man at LW & should stay there & continue to dominate. The onus should be on the ufc to bring in new competition for him, not have bj move up just to get some competition.

You make some good points & i'm positive bj will put in a much better showing but the result will still be the same with GSP the winner. Bj is the man at LW & should stay there & continue to dominate. The onus should be on the ufc to bring in new competition for him' date=' not have bj move up just to get some competition.[/quote']

Yeah I agree he will always be best at lw, and always be at a disadvantage if he goes to ww with guys like Gsp,Alves and Rumble fighting at 190 plus!

I also agree they should be bringing in more fighters, as Bj will run out of worthy competition in the not to distant future if they don't!

Yeah I agree he will always be best at lw' date=' and always be at a disadvantage if he goes to ww with guys like Gsp,Alves and Rumble fighting at 190 plus!

I also agree they should be bringing in more fighters, as Bj will run out of worthy competition in the not to distant future if they don't![/quote']

I can understand why everyone keeps saying bj gsp & silva have to move up a weight class coz they have dominated everyone in the division etc but thats the whole point to be the best & the champ & that comes much easier at your ideal weight class. Why put yourself at a disadvantage thats the whole reason guys cut weight to get an advantage in a weight class otherwise they would just fight at their normal weight. It's like michael jordan saying after the 3-peat "i'm leaving the bulls & going to a diff team so I can have some competition" hell no stay there & dominate. Again the onus is on the ufc to bring in some new competition IMO anyway.

I can understand why everyone keeps saying bj gsp & silva have to move up a weight class coz they have dominated everyone in the division etc but thats the whole point to be the best & the champ & that comes much easier at your ideal weight class. Why put yourself at a disadvantage thats the whole reason guys cut weight to get an advantage in a weight class otherwise they would just fight at their normal weight. It's like michael jordan saying after the 3-peat "i'm leaving the bulls & going to a diff team so I can have some competition" hell no stay there & dominate. Again the onus is on the ufc to bring in some new competition IMO anyway.

Very good point and I agree!

I guess the majority of fans want certain fighters to jump up in weight because they want to see them get pushed more, where they wont be as dominant as they are in their current weight classes!