Sign in to follow this  
TheBigRedOne

Will Dana Strip Silva of his Title or Release from Contract?

He was furious and stated he didn't know what he was going to do and outright said Silva doesn't deserve GSP.

I thought he was being a little theatrical. After all Silva completely dominated people in MW and LHW. The guy is not being challenged. He's the champ and its not the champ's job to take risks in the ring, that is the challenger's job.

Silva falls asleep and goes into la la land after he determines the challenger doesn't present a challenge at all.

I think it was uncalled for for Dana to try to compare Mike Tyson to Silva's style. Tyson was clearly in the ring to hospitalize guys.

If Dana wants make Silva fight then by all means put him up against Wandy or let him go get his face pounded in by Roy Jones. Ooops can't do that now because Silva recently realized that he would get pounded.

Regardless of what Dana does or doesn't do, Silva still has the record title defenses in UFC history.

his contract will get renewed. he is still the champ and still considered the top p4p fighter in the world. I wasn't impressed with the final 3 rounds of that fight at all. The showboating was entertaining for a minute, but it was stupid considering he did nothing to finish the fight.

Anyways, Dana will renew the contract, why wouldn't he? It would be dumb to let silva go now.

As a long time fan of MMA, I was truly diappointed with Silva. He felt disrespected? He felt bored? B.S.

If he felt so disrespected where was the anger and hurt pride in the ring? Such a truly devastating striker and Maia wnet 5 rounds on the feet with him? Booo.

I usually buy 3 to 4 PPV's a year, and I will never pay to watch Silva fight again. Past legacy aside, if he wants the respect of fans and most importantly his Employers, perhaps he should put out 5 rounds of effort in a 5 round fight.

Yes, Silva is the Top P4P Running Chicken in the World.

if he keep a man like Silva then the people continue to get mad, UFC will loose its reputation and Dana White will find out one day that no one has interest in his show.

he is going nowere dana just made well more out of it than he needed to because dana has never wanted the gsp fight and this gives him an excuse to not make the fight saying silva doesnt deserve gsp ha ha what a load of b.s

fair enough he should of finished the fight but this has been wel blown out of proportion.

silva is the greatest fighter mma has ever seen as if he is going anywere lol

He was furious and stated he didn't know what he was going to do and outright said Silva doesn't deserve GSP.

I thought he was being a little theatrical. After all Silva completely dominated people in MW and LHW. The guy is not being challenged. He's the champ and its not the champ's job to take risks in the ring' date=' that is the challenger's job.

Silva falls asleep and goes into la la land after he determines the challenger doesn't present a challenge at all.

I think it was uncalled for for Dana to try to compare Mike Tyson to Silva's style. Tyson was clearly in the ring to hospitalize guys.

If Dana wants make Silva fight then by all means put him up against Wandy or let him go get his face pounded in by Roy Jones. Ooops can't do that now because Silva recently realized that he would get pounded.

Regardless of what Dana does or doesn't do, Silva still has the record title defenses in UFC history.[/quote']

In all fairness silva would own jones jr because jones is way past his prime now in his last few fights you can tell the dude will retire but back in the day jones would of destroyed him (in a boxing match) but in the MMA silva would destroy him

Dana can't afford to get rid of Silva. Regardless of if he did not put on the show that he could of and should of...well we really do not know when he will put on the show that we all expect so most of us will still watch him fight because he may pull a Forrest Griffin type of fight.

Not that I condone the fact the Silva did not finish Maia like I felt he should have but in defense of Silva, I think he was trying to prove a point that Maia ended up feeling and that is it is not fun to go into a fight and the fighter basically does nothing. Silva has been in a few of these fights and he is a little tired of it. I believe this is one reason he has so much respect for Rich Franklin. Franklin engaged Silva regardless of what the outcome may have been. Please do not mistake my screen name for me being a Silva fan because I am not but I am empathetic to him because nobody fights him, they see how long they can last with him.

I agree he should have finished the fight though.

Silva already signed a new contract, i think it was 8 fights...which will take about two years to finish...i'm not sure Silva wants to even fight after that cuz he was always talking about retirement...

Lol strip Silva of his belt.

Silva shouldnt of fought Maia in the first place, Dana can only blame himself for what happened Saturday.

Neither. DW will piss and moan about it but he's not stupid. He already renewed Silva's contract and will likely try to convince him to vacat the title so he can put him up against people who pose an actual threat to him.

I think they're pretty limited as to what they can do. If they breach contract with Silva he can just leave, go to strikeforce, make just as much, and put the UFC in the position of having 2 of the P4P best fighters of the world in strikeforce instead of just 1.

Do you think strike force cares about Anderson Silva's diva crap? They'll bring in Roy Jones in a second. They'll let him beat up Moussassi, Fedor, and when Anderson says "I don't want to fight against Dan Henderson" and "I hate Jui Jitsu guys, I don't want to fight that stuff" They will say "Yes mister Anderson, you are so wise and all knowing, it shall be so." And Anderson won't ever have to fight Jake Sheilds or Dan Henderson. They'll bring in Marius Podowski and let Anderson fight with him, they'll let him try Bobby Lashley, they'll run around in circles and worship his farts and Anderson will fight like a loyal Soldier for them because of it.

Strikeforce ABSOLUTELY wants the relationship between the UFC and Anderson Silva to fall apart. The fact of the matter is, the UFC has to be careful as hell here, and not be to arrogant to assume they have control over what their fighters do inside the ring. At least, not right now.

If I were Dana White I would send a message loud and clear by releasing Anderson Silva from his contract immediately. This isn't the first time Silva has pulled crap like this, but I'd make sure it was his last in the UFC.

Dana will do NOTHING......

It will be the same thing that happened with Brock.........They will kiss and make up and everything will be peachy lol

There is no way Dana is letting Silva go..........ZERO chance....

The title thing, i doubt it i just see Silva letting it go to fight in a different weight class...

anderson should join dancing with the stars. what do you think?

He has the ability to win it and add another title to his collection.

Silva will get plenty of chances to redeem himself. If Dana releases Silva or stips him of his title' date=' then I will lose a lot of respect for Dana's business skills.[/quote']

Brock Lesner disrespected the BIGGEST SPONSOR OF THE UFC. makes an **** out of himself and of the UFC and what did he get as a punishment? well how about the FRONT COVER of the new UFC game. geezz i hope they punish Anderson too! lol!!

Anderson already said he will leave the UFC after his contract was done. on an interview with a fan in Brazil. Anderson said he wanted to retire in 2009. so i doubt he will renew his contract.

Dana cant do anything to Silva. Silva is a very big name and arguably the best MW ever. Dana cant do ****. Even if Silva does this two more times, Dana will never risk of losing him.

Yes' date=' Silva is the Top P4P Running Chicken in the World.

if he keep a man like Silva then the people continue to get mad, UFC will loose its reputation and Dana White will find out one day that no one has interest in his show.[/quote']

Doubtfull considering if he ever did fight gsp it would be the best match in ufc history and dana would be set for life ;) Do you think gsp will let him dance around him? or will he work his way in there and make him fight?

He could end his contract if this was the WWF. However, as we're talking about a sport and not just entertainment, and as we're talking about a champion of that sport, that would make absolutely no sense at all.

Regardless of all the BS that Dana said, Silva will still sell more tickets than most other fighters, will continue to make a lot of money for the UFC and will remain at the top of the game. Dana was just frustrated with the fight and talked too much as he usually does.

Dana never said he would punish him.

The interview said he would 'Make it up to the fans'.

Nothing will happen to Silva. He won't lose his contract and I honestly don't see him even retiring after this next contract is up.

The only way Silva gets stripped of his title will be if he permanitely moves to LHW. I don't believe the UFC would let him go in lieu of a rise in the mma competition, i.e. strikeforce.

I must be completely alone here, I found the Silva fight entertaining as hell. I didnt like the last round, aside from that I was watching in amazement.

Why would they let Silva go? He completely destroys every opponent put infront of him. If UFC let him go he'd go straight to SF and boost their PPV past the UFC when he fights Fedor and Mousasi.

One thing for sure.

He will not get his contract renew.

honestly champ or not if the UFC/Dana decides to not renew his contract or to fire him outright I'd have NO problem with it and would support their decision 100%