p4p still the same...

MysticKJ

after UFC 112, i don't think all this talk about BJ leaving the top 5 is valid...

everyone in that top 5 of the p4p list has shown over many years to be the best in their divisions...and i'm not talking about recognized by UFC forum members but by other fighters who show their respect to them...

St. Pierre falling to Serra never really affected his p4p status to me...

Silva getting submitted by Maia would not have affected his status either...things happen

I do not think BJ's 2nd loss at LW after so many years erases all he has done over time...

now if BJ drops his next bout vs Maynard/whoever...then i think him leaving that list has to be discussed...

A lotta people on here try to discredit Penn because they don't like his personality, but the truth is his peers place him on this list and they are more knowledgeable than most if not all on here....

i agree, honestly i feel like bj thought it would be a walk in the park for him... and as we have seen in the past did not train to his full potential... he was training in Hawaii and with bj penn training at home that is never good, should have trained in cali again... notice how the countdown was all about the tsunami... cuz they didnt have any good footage of bj training hard... honestly i see bj penn coming back and destroying edgar like gsp did to serra

"now if BJ drops his next bout vs Maynard/whoever...then i think him leaving that list has to be discussed..."

2 straight losses and then you would "think" of having him removed from the best p4p list? That statement is almost as bad as the moron 2 down from you who said fedor is number 1. That guy should just save his breath to blow up his date.

"now if BJ drops his next bout vs Maynard/whoever...then i think him leaving that list has to be discussed..."

2 straight losses and then you would "think" of having him removed from the best p4p list? That statement is almost as bad as the moron 2 down from you who said fedor is number 1. That guy should just save his breath to blow up his date.

u dont think 2 losses should drop someone? u sound like the moron to me...

Hmmm, let me think. When was the last time Fedor lost a fight, smart boy? Oh right, it still hasn't happened! Darn, you almost could have made a good argument!

And you have the guts to call someone else stupid. Whatta irony!

Cheers

Hmmm' date=' let me think. When was the last time Fedor lost a fight, smart boy? Oh right, it still hasn't happened! Darn, you almost could have made a good argument!

Cheers[/quote']

Who has he faced of significance that was not already past his prime? No one! A cat could be unbeaten if he only went up against kittens.

Hmmm' date=' let me think. When was the last time Fedor lost a fight, smart boy? Oh right, it still hasn't happened! Darn, you almost could have made a good argument!

Cheers[/quote']

If Fedor hasnt lost a fight why is his record 32-1-1. A die hard Fedor nut hugger must surely know that. And dont give me any illegal blow garbage, a loss is a loss, his record speaks for itself

It's debatable between Fedor and gsp for 1, Fedor has faced the better competition in his career but gsp is fighting better fighters now.

edit:I'm not even sure Fedor has faced better competition, The heavyweights about then where pretty poor compared to the new bread, we won't really know till he fights a Cain Velasquez or even lesnar or Carwin, I think he'd beat them but, can't know for sure

Well Edgar moved up and BJ moved down' date=' Silva may come lower and closer to GSP, but Fedor is still #1.[/quote']

Ya, I so want to say yes to that but I want to see Fedor challenge the ufc heavyweight title first. The problem as I understand it is that Fedors camp (gangsters) Want a multi fight deal with a chunk of the gate in the contract. Dana and the ufc (another bunch of gangsters) say F U You get what we give you. I think they should compromise on a 1 fight deal with a fixed purse as per Boxing. He could fight the winner of Lesnar-Carwin before the end of the year. Give the winner 7.5mil. and the loser 2.5mil. AND as the co main event. Silva verses GSP @ 170 for the same money split and BJ Penn challenges the winner of Edgar/Ken-flo or Edgar/Maynard for the LW Belt. You can then fill up the rest of the undercard with fights between the rest of the top P4P guys in the ufc and call the event "UFC 12? Once and for all" My guess, is that there would be "sufficient" PPV hits to cover the purse let alone the sponsorship and distribution deals afoot! Only then will any of us REALLY know who the best P4P on the planet is...............just a dream

Archived