For the "Bored" viewers

RockinRecycler

I have a legitimate question for the "bored" viewers. Those that don't think grappling is MMA, those that were dissatisfied with GSP's performance against Hardy, those that expressed boredom from grappling, et al. Question: Was the Silva v. Maia "fight" more exciting? Was it less boring? I am really curious to know, if those that were complaining about GSP's wrestling, will step up and defend Silva's performance. Is this the definition of MMA in your opinion? I'm not interested in flying insults back and forth by the way, rather, I am interested in the opinion of those that think grappling isn't part of MMA. Particularly now, after watching back to back events with GSP and Silva, I am interested in learning how those complainants define MMA. So please feel free to educate me non-grapplers, I am interested in your opinion in comparison. Is this more of your definition of MMA?

Thanks BlackSanta, although, it is interesting to me that antics would be more exciting than a ground game, or grappling, how ever you would want to define it. In addition, I wouldn't go so far as to say the entire PPV was junk. I did enjoy all of the other televised fights. But I appreciate your opinion.

I have a legitimate question for the "bored" viewers. Those that don't think grappling is MMA' date=' those that were dissatisfied with GSP's performance against Hardy, those that expressed boredom from grappling, et al. Question: Was the Silva v. Maia "fight" more exciting? Was it less boring? I am really curious to know, if those that were complaining about GSP's wrestling, will step up and defend Silva's performance. Is this the definition of MMA in your opinion? I'm not interested in flying insults back and forth by the way, rather, I am interested in the opinion of those that think grappling isn't part of MMA. Particularly now, after watching back to back events with GSP and Silva, I am interested in learning how those complainants define MMA. So please feel free to educate me non-grapplers, I am interested in your opinion in comparison. Is this more of your definition of MMA?[/quote']

I was making the point that it works both ways on all the GSP threads, I think fans have a right to think both fights were boring if they found them boring. The GSP was more interesting to me but it was one of the least entertaining ground fights I have seen.

Thanks BlackSanta' date=' although, it is interesting to me that antics would be more exciting than a ground game, or grappling, how ever you would want to define it. In addition, I wouldn't go so far as to say the entire PPV was junk. I did enjoy all of the other televised fights. But I appreciate your opinion.[/quote']

Yah...I should have specified...I thought that the 3 fights that they hyped up....were terrible. The other fights were fine. Well the ones I got to see...I was watching it on Direct TV and it went screwy and we missed the Dos Anjos fight and half of the Davis fight...so ya. I just thought Silva's antics were funny. I was amused by it but after a while it got ridiculous. With GSP...I respect him as a fighter...he is a great fighter but he hasn't impressed me since he beat Hughes. I think I just expect more from GSP. That could be it.

Archived