UFC 112...the worst

Slapsy19

First of all, the whole tape delayed PPV was a complete debacle. You would think UFC would tell ESPN and Yahoo to not run the results on the bottom line and post online until after the re-air. Sitting at BW3's, and boom here comes the results on the bottom line.

Then BW3's, and I don't know if other locations had the same problem, but the re-air started and the signal went dead. About 150 people getting ready to riot. After about 5 minutes they finally got it fixed and everybody missed the first fight. Then later, it cut out again right in the middle of a fight. Plus the feed was very jerky and stuck. So that sucked big time.

The undercards weren't bad, but then Hughes/Gracie was so freaking boring. Jab, jab, back off. Jab, jab, back off. And the whole helping him up thing was insane, was this a fight or not? Obviously, he's too old, and he has 5 more fights on his contract. Dana, is probably trying to eat the thing right now. Penn/Edgar wasn't much better, and then the absolute circus that was the main event. I mean it was almost as if UFC paid the top 3 cards not to hit each other. Silva and Maia both should have been disqualified for not attemptingh to fight, long before Silva started acting like an idiot and hiding behind the ref.

The bottom line is, UFC needs to make some serious changes. If they want to commercialize this sport, it needs to be professional by putting out at least a decent product, not a farce and total slap in the face off the fans, hey we just stole your money. And it starts with making these guys actually fight. Pay them based on how many punches thrown/landed, or points scored from take downs and submission attempts. Force them to take this seriously, and put it all out there, not sit back and dance around the cage doing nothing. There's no way Silva should be getting paid after that non-sense. All these boring decisions are a complete waste of everyone's time and thank God I didn't fork over $50 on the PPV, I would have been completely pissed at the waste of my money, instead of just my time.

First of all' date=' the whole tape delayed PPV was a complete debacle. You would think UFC would tell ESPN and Yahoo to not run the results on the bottom line and post online until after the re-air. [b']Sitting at BW3's, and boom here comes the results on the bottom line.

[/b]

Then BW3's, and I don't know if other locations had the same problem, but the re-air started and the signal went dead. About 150 people getting ready to riot. After about 5 minutes they finally got it fixed and everybody missed the first fight. Then later, it cut out again right in the middle of a fight. Plus the feed was very jerky and stuck. So that sucked big time.

The undercards weren't bad, but then Hughes/Gracie was so freaking boring. Jab, jab, back off. Jab, jab, back off. And the whole helping him up thing was insane, was this a fight or not? Obviously, he's too old, and he has 5 more fights on his contract. Dana, is probably trying to eat the thing right now. Penn/Edgar wasn't much better, and then the absolute circus that was the main event. I mean it was almost as if UFC paid the top 3 cards not to hit each other. Silva and Maia both should have been disqualified for not attemptingh to fight, long before Silva started acting like an idiot and hiding behind the ref.

The bottom line is, UFC needs to make some serious changes. If they want to commercialize this sport, it needs to be professional by putting out at least a decent product, not a farce and total slap in the face off the fans, hey we just stole your money. And it starts with making these guys actually fight. Pay them based on how many punches thrown/landed, or points scored from take downs and submission attempts. Force them to take this seriously, and put it all out there, not sit back and dance around the cage doing nothing. There's no way Silva should be getting paid after that non-sense. All these boring decisions are a complete waste of everyone's time and thank God I didn't fork over $50 on the PPV, I would have been completely pissed at the waste of my money, instead of just my time.

that sucks! i made the mistake of going to ESPN.com midday. i knew the fight was like at like 9 o clock AM in the states where i live, but i wanted to check the basketball going on for the day, not thinking that the UFC results would make ESPN's main news. so before i watched the PPV at night, i already knew that edgar upset penn. luckily i X'ed out of the window right after i read that.

Archived