Renzo/Hughes brought a smile to my face

2below

I couldn't stop smiling when i was watching this fight (i was about 6 beers deep at this point, though). this fight is what MMA is about. there was so much mutual respect and we got to see matt hughes step out of his ground realm and chop down gracie's legs. and also, what great fight/heart renzo showed throughout this fight. he just kept coming when we all knew he was completely gassed and beaten. loved it

i work at comcast so i just sat here ordering it for other people and watching it for free. would have been better with beer though.

this was deffinitely one of the most enjoyable fights. did that go down as a KO? is that hughes' first KO?? excellent fight all around but i wish renzo would have kept some gas in the tank because he was doing excellent in the 1st round.

i work at comcast so i just sat here ordering it for other people and watching it for free. would have been better with beer though.

this was deffinitely one of the most enjoyable fights. did that go down as a KO? is that hughes' first KO?? excellent fight all around but i wish renzo would have kept some gas in the tank because he was doing excellent in the 1st round.

yeah man renzo had a lot of ring rust, it's been forever. and to have your first bout be against the relentless matt hughes.. not a good first fight to shake off that rust.

I disagree with this. I think there is such a thing as too much sportsmanship when it comes to MMA. The thing with Renzo wanting Matt Hughes to help him up just made me shake my head. Most of the fight they stood there and stared at each other.

It didn't help that Renzo looked terrible. He seemed like he had no idea or desire to win that fight. All that talk about him wanted to avenge Royce was just BS. Props for being a nice guy, I'd rather see mean guys like Rampage and Brock when the cage door closes, more exciting IMO.

I disagree with this. I think there is such a thing as too much sportsmanship when it comes to MMA. The thing with Renzo wanting Matt Hughes to help him up just made me shake my head. Most of the fight they stood there and stared at each other.

It didn't help that Renzo looked terrible. He seemed like he had no idea or desire to win that fight. All that talk about him wanted to avenge Royce was just BS. Props for being a nice guy' date=' I'd rather see mean guys like Rampage and Brock when the cage door closes, more exciting IMO.[/quote']

no doubt more exciting.

it's just nice to see some legendary MMA sportsmanship, that's all. Renzo wanted to fight, he has just been out of the game for so long. it was nice to see hughes help him up it showed that he knew hughes was killing him, but he still wanted to bang with him. brought some needed laughter to the crowd too. i think they'll remember this as a highlight from 112.

Archived