About multiple threads

G__row

I would like to point a few things out to those who are upset about thread merging.

First, I could just delete them. Maybe that would be better.

I do not know how many of you guys actually read the rules that you agreed to when joining this

Community.

Leonie made threads and stuck them to the top about last nights event, and the fights. It very clearly states in the first post of those threads that threads on the same subject would be moved there. I have moved probably 40 Silva threads, and just as many Penn ones.

I do not know about you, but I do not want the first five pages of this forum to be about Penn and silva. There is more to it then that.

No, to the rules that I would like to point out....

"

As a user of this Web site, you have already agreed to the Terms of Service, the Privacy Policy, and the Acceptable Use Policy, all of which apply to your use of this entire site, including the message boards. In addition to those rules, the following rules also apply to your use of the message boards contained on this site. Your use of the message boards signifies your consent to these Message Board Rules. If you do not agree to all of these rules, you are not permitted to use the message boards. It is every member?s responsibility to read, understand and comply with all posted rules, including any rules that may be posted from time to time in the ?Announcements? section of these boards. Ignorance of the rules is not a defense. You may contact Clique Customer Support with any questions you may have regarding these rules."

"Please ensure that your thread title properly describes your post. The moderators do not have time to read every thread and may move something based on the thread title.

If you would like to start a new thread, please take the time to see if there is already a thread started for that topic. Duplicate threads will be locked and the original will remain."

"There is no room for argument in defining and interpreting these terms. Moderators and management will make the final determinations in their sole discretion. Banned members are NOT entitled to explanations from moderators or management regarding their expulsion. Under no circumstances is a member entitled to a warning before they are banned."

I wont argue the rules. They are what they are so have at what your doing.

The one thing I would say though, is combining the threads just jumbles them all up for the replies. Would it not be just as easy to lock them and let them float away down the pages. That way the people who do read them do not confuse on for the other.

Thing is, if people would take the time to read the rules, and post in existing threads, we would not have this problem. Starting a whole new thread for a two sentence thought while there are other threads on that topic is useless. And, a redirect is left for a certain amount of time, that tells you where the thread went.

Thing is' date=' if people would take the time to read the rules, and post in existing threads, we would not have this problem. Starting a whole new thread for a two sentence thought while there are other threads on that topic is useless. And, a redirect is left for a certain amount of time, that tells you where the thread went.[/quote']

True - people even comment on a thread and because they think their opinion is so good they decide to post the exact same thing on a new thread, very annoying

I agree with your status on this issue. I actually found myself making that mistake today and I apologize for the undue work you have had to do to clean up these message boards on my behalf as well as others. Now, to those who are getting upset at people like myself and the million others who do this, stop being a hypocrite!! I guarantee you are just as bad as the next person about forum etiquitte. I get so upset at the posts slamming the new people because they may not have your knowledge. Or someone calling another a name for stating their opinion. I can honestly say that I have posted for a while and have never, NEVER, cursed at someone or called someone stupid for their opinion. I wish this would be monitored a bit more. There is no reason for it.

Archived