Which fight was more entertaining?

TimmyTuppence

GSP fight was better. He dominated Hardy more than Silva dominated Maia.

Hardy did not even land 1 single punch' date=' jab... nothing!

Maia landed a few punches on Silva.[/quote']

No it wasn't you even said so yourself, I remember you crying like a little girl hating on GSP and saying he should be more like Chuck Liddell rofl.

No it wasn't you even said so yourself' date=' I remember you crying like a little girl hating on GSP and saying he should be more like Chuck Liddell rofl.[/quote']

GSP completely dominated Hardy. I am still not happy about GSP's performance.

I never said anything about GSP being like Liddell. They are not even close to being the same fighters. I am a fan of Chuck as he helped build MMA to what it is today.

GSP displayed what it is to be the best well rounded P4P fighter. GSP isnt afraid to stand' date=' he isnt afraid to go to the ground. If Anderson was the best, he would have demonstrated it better if he had gone to the ground with Leites or Maia. But instead he knocks them down, and waits for them to stand up.[/quote']

Im not trying to hate on GSP as he is 1 of my fav competitors but Gsp said himself that he didn't wna to stand up with Hardy cause that was Hardy's strength, his stand up, so he took him down the whole fight just like with Thiago Alves

again not saying GSP IS afraid to stand up with these guys but he sure as hell is too smart to want to.

GSP fight was better. He dominated Hardy more than Silva dominated Maia.

Hardy did not even land 1 single punch' date=' jab... nothing!

Maia landed a few punches on Silva.[/quote']

Just my opinion but...

I didnt see GSP air guitar Hardy.

Hardy in fact did land the first strike of the night

Maia only landed after Silva stopped trying

I would say the first two rounds of Silva's fight where more entertaining than GSP's entire fight but thats just me.

Anyone who isn't just a fan and understands the technical aspect of the fight knows that the Silva fight sucked and the GSP fight was actually very entertaining. And no i'm not a GSP fanatic either, It's simple GSP knew he had a clear advantage on the ground so he took it there and did try to finish the fight twice and most people out there even at that level would have tapped.. not one person on here would have dogged Silva for not taking it to the ground knowing he had the clear advantage on the feet but yet someone uses the exact same stratagy (keeping their fight at their advantage) and they get dogged for it.... If Maia had taken it to the ground who here would have said well that's just stupid why doesn't he stand? Nobody

Im not trying to hate on GSP as he is 1 of my fav competitors but Gsp said himself that he didn't wna to stand up with Hardy cause that was Hardy's strength' date=' his stand up, so he took him down the whole fight just like with Thiago Alves

again not saying GSP IS afraid to stand up with these guys but he sure as hell is too smart to want to.[/quote']

Yeah but he did stand up with them. Anderson didnt go to the ground once in those fights. The fight starts standing. Everytime Hardy/Alves got to their feet, GSP would land a series of shots then get the takedown....beautiful combinations of Strikes mixed with Takedowns.

Also in both those fight, GSP would atleast test the waters, meaning he would exchange with them(Hardy/Alves). Everytime either of these fellas got to their feet GSP would land punches, and as soon as the opponents took a swing at him, he perfectly times it and gets the takedown.

You mean which fight was more boring

I still dont get it....How in the Hell was GSP/Hardy boring??? Dan Hardy proved that he is one TOUGH muthaF'er. And GSP showed exactly what this sport is about. He showed what the ground game is all about, tried twice to finish(armbar and Kimura that ANYONE in the division WOULD have tapped to) That fight was AWESOME. And the only people who hated it are either Brand New to the sport, or just dont know a fu**in thing about MMa.

I still dont get it....How in the Hell was GSP/Hardy boring??? Dan Hardy proved that he is one TOUGH muthaF'er. And GSP showed exactly what this sport is about. He showed what the ground game is all about' date=' tried twice to finish(armbar and Kimura that ANYONE in the division WOULD have tapped to) That fight was AWESOME. And the only people who hated it are either Brand New to the sport, or just dont know a fu**in thing about MMa.[/quote']

Second* GSP fight = Awesome. It was extremely technical and showed exactly what MMA is about on the ground......

Silva fight i liked as well Silva went in and did exactly what he should have done waited for Maia to engage which he didn't, which is why he got toyed with.............

Archived