Greg Jackson, The Voice of Reason. (Silva/Maia)

TimmyTuppence

I AGREE!...I was very entertained for the first half of the fight. Silva is the ALI of our time in MMA and thats that. ALI was a ****y bastard back then to and was criticized all the time but he was the best at wat he did and so is SILVA. He proves time n time again he is that damn good. i still do think he coulda finished the fight but he is the champ and he doesnt have to go out there and put him self in danger that is unnecessary. he not only entertained us all but he busted up maias face and made him look like a amateur.

Its good that someone like Greg Jackson is voicing his opinion. and that it is in the favor of the champ

he a waste of high talent fighting these kinsd of fights on a ppv main event card. thats why ppl are on him.

his stock has crashed because of the lack luster ppv main event card.

he doesnt need to go out there and just attack. if other fighters want that belt then go take it. dont stand there or lay on the ground. go and get it, and it looks like noone can actually go take it from him so everyone is gonna complain that hes not doing anything. why should he go out there swinging when hes already got the belt.

The whole affair is rather overblown. Silva is charged with defending the title. It's Maia that has to take the championship. Whether Silva was tired, or simply felt there was no longer any sport in beating on Maia further, he safely waited on the bell. While it's not compelling; it also not a hanging offense.

Now we can hear from everyone about how Greg Jackson Knows nothing, etc...

Until now he has been considered the best mind in MMA over the past several years, but I am sure after stating the obvious, even if it goes against the grain of "fans", people will be all over him, now.

He understands strategy since strategy is usually the only way his fighters win. He can't lay into Silva for doing the "safe" thing because that is eactly what GSP, Rashad, and his other top level fighters do, but they do it without ever showing who is truly the better fighter. No one in this world can make the claim that it wasn't glaringly obvious about 3 minutes in who was superior.

Plus he knows a Silva/GSP match is inevitable no matter what Dana says in his spoiled child rants, and wants to be sure to show the proper respect from the start. No way does he want his Golden Child humiliated in the same fashion.

Archived