Those of you who think GSP's fights are boring

Gasman8402

First of all before everyone starts calling me a GSP **** or whatever just read..

Everyone here who says GSP's fights are boing are fan's i'm sure but it doesn't mean they understand how the game is played and just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not the right way to do it.. Those who know the game understand exactly what GSP was doing and why.. When you have a clear advantage over someone in one area why try and play their game.. No one here would be like "why doesn't Anderson Silva take it to the ground against Maia?" because everyone knows he has the clear advantage on their feet and yet no one has a problem with him keeping it standing what is the difference? GSP had the clear advantage on the ground and even tried to finish Hardy twice and almost anyone even at this level would have tapped to both the arm bar and the kimura attempts. If Maia had gotten Silva to the ground no body would have been like what's he doing why doesn't he stand up with Silva. Learn the game if you want to talk crap about it

First of all before everyone starts calling me a GSP **** or whatever just read..

Everyone here who says GSP's fights are boing are fan's i'm sure but it doesn't mean they understand how the game is played and just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not the right way to do it.. Those who know the game understand exactly what GSP was doing and why.. When you have a clear advantage over someone in one area why try and play their game.. No one here would be like "why doesn't Anderson Silva take it to the ground against Maia?" because everyone knows he has the clear advantage on their feet and yet no one has a problem with him keeping it standing what is the difference? GSP had the clear advantage on the ground and even tried to finish Hardy twice and almost anyone even at this level would have tapped to both the arm bar and the kimura attempts. If Maia had gotten Silva to the ground no body would have been like what's he doing why doesn't he stand up with Silva. Learn the game if you want to talk crap about it

Hey man i think GSP's fights are boring as hell.

At the same time hes one of my favorite fighters because he can take someone put infront of him, and just completely dominate them, without them having any kind of offence.

Its just a fact that two guys throwing hands in most peoples eyes is more entertaining than wrestling.

unfortunately the stand up game is much more interesting to me than the man humping that gsp does. gsp's fights used to be much more interesting, but after his last fight i'm not sure his fights are worth any $$ that i'm paying for the PPVs

I still dont like GSP as a champion regardless of what Silva did.

Maia left the cage in tatters.

Hardy didnt.

Its funny how people are saying that GSP will dominate Silva when three nights ago it was the other way around.(for the record Silva will destroy GSP, if it ever happens...)

your not a GSP ****... Your a TRUE mma fan!

Hey man i think GSP's fights are boring as hell.

At the same time hes one of my favorite fighters because he can take someone put infront of him' date=' and just completely dominate them, without them having any kind of offence.

Its just a fact that two guys throwing hands in most peoples eyes is more entertaining than wrestling.[/quote']

Much agreed that striking is more exciting which is exactly my point because it's more exciting nobody has a problem with it not going to the ground. To me great wrestling is although not as exciting still exciting and when I fight i'm pretty well rounded but still take the fight to wherever I have the advantage simple as that. And although most of the fight took place on the ground GSP while it was much closer still won the standup as well.

your not a GSP ****... Your a TRUE mma fan!

Absolutely thank you, and I have no problem with the people who enjoy the stand up more I think everyone does, I have a wrestling base and I too enjoy the stand up but I enjoy the ground too and most of all I enjoy stradagy.. And that's what you see from GSP. Call it safe and your right it is safe.. you go stand with someone when your holding on the the most desired belt in the world when you know you have a much better chance on the ground..

Absolutely thank you' date=' and I have no problem with the people who enjoy the stand up more I think everyone does, I have a wrestling base and I too enjoy the stand up but I enjoy the ground too and most of all I enjoy stradagy.. And that's what you see from GSP. Call it safe and your right it is safe.. you go stand with someone when your holding on the the most desired belt in the world when you know you have a much better chance on the ground..[/quote']

Yeah, of course the stand up is more exciting... but the ground game is exciting too. I like to see some of both... If people ONLY want to see stand up, then watch boxing. I like to see both.

You know I have said that he was boring in his fight against Hardy. The Alves fight was good because no one thought he could take him down that easy. Now if he fought Silva and it was a bunch of takedowns I wouldn't complain because to see Silva get dominated would be a rare thing to see, in anyway that he could do it.

I don't think GSP is boring. I enjoy watching all aspects of a fight the same. Wrestling, BJJ, stand up.. i don't care. It's all entertaining to me. There's times where I enjoy watching a good BJJ match more than two guys trying to KO each other.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

A Silva's fight was the worst fight & the worst stand up of the night. Silva is no champ.

No wonder Machida fights like he does. They both train with each other. MW & LHW champs are BOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vitor, show Silva how it should be done PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think GSP is boring. I enjoy watching all aspects of a fight the same. Wrestling' date=' BJJ, stand up.. i don't care. It's all entertaining to me. There's times where I enjoy watching a good BJJ match more than two guys trying to KO each other.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

I agree, people who only want to see standup don't understand MMA. There is more to MMA then standing up punching the crap out of each other. There is strategy, good ground game, wrestling that leads to submissions and ground and pound.

throw GSP in there with a BJJ black belt' date=' and good wrstling credentilas like fitch and he will do it all. it's because joe silva says. "GSP has been KO'd, lets put pure strikers in there with him!: and well he takes them out of there element this is strategy 101[/quote']

People quickly forgot that GSP became famous by his striking.

Now he is the most dominant wrestler in mma. How people say he is boring his beyind me, but many people thought Machida was broing at first too.

Hardy didnt.

Its funny how people are saying that GSP will dominate Silva when three nights ago it was the other way around.(for the record Silva will destroy GSP' date=' if it ever happens...)[/quote']

At 170 this will be a close fight. Silva, will have to cut quite a bit to hit the mark, GSP will take him down for sure. I think it would be a war!

gsp is boring ' date=' and he is been boring his last couple of fights. However I enjoyed watching gsp vs hardy more than silva vs maia..

I hope machida vs shogun is a war since i m going to that one :P[/quote']

wtf u the troll got tickets when I live in MTL and couldn't even get tickets....im saddened to no end now.

I still dont understand why people would rather see silva go down instead of up.

You want to see Silva knocked out=Light Heavy weight is the answer

I want to see Silva KTFO of GSP so people will stop saying "GSP would dominate Silva" other than that yes id much rather see him go LHW

unfortunately the stand up game is much more interesting to me than the man humping that gsp does. gsp's fights used to be much more interesting' date=' but after his last fight i'm not sure his fights are worth any $$ that i'm paying for the PPVs[/quote']

sounds like you would really enjoy k-1

true but still he hadnt had to cut that much weight in a long time' date=' scale-rust. Either way Silva would still beat him.[/quote']

How are those rose coloured glasses jhenry? If you can take your nose out from Silva's a** long enough to answer me a quick question. On what basis would you have any idea how he would fight at a lower weight class against a fighter like GSP. Silva would be much smaller and GSP would have that showboating prick on his butt before he even had a chance to start schizo'ing out on everyone.

I don't think GSP is boring. I enjoy watching all aspects of a fight the same. Wrestling' date=' BJJ, stand up.. i don't care. It's all entertaining to me. There's times where I enjoy watching a good BJJ match more than two guys trying to KO each other.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.[/quote']

Agreed i find GSP's fights extremely entertaining and technical and what a great ground game is.....

How are those rose coloured glasses jhenry? If you can take your nose out from Silva's a** long enough to answer me a quick question. On what basis would you have any idea how he would fight at a lower weight class against a fighter like GSP. Silva would be much smaller and GSP would have that showboating prick on his butt before he even had a chance to start schizo'ing out on everyone.

What basis do you have for saying GSPs glass jaw would last 1 min with one of the best strikers to ever step in an octagon? and Last i checked Silvas not bad off his back so how do you know your Jiu Jitsu failing poster boy(yes that was Hardy refrence:p) wouldnt get submited?

Silva used to fight at 168lbs in pride and your already making excuses...

Yes the point I have tried to make in many threads lol

true but still he hadnt had to cut that much weight in a long time' date=' scale-rust. Either way Silva would still beat him.[/quote']

He hasn't true but he was walking at 192 and if you watched the countdown he also said he should be about 185 by the time he arrives in abu dhabi without cutting. I walk at 200-205 and make the cut to 170 (not easily but I do) Anderson could do it without killing himself.

Scale-rust? lol haven't heard that one before... are you making things up? :P As a wrestler I can tell you, you don't "forget" how to cut weight especially at this level

GSP would and your simply a GSP hater since he ruined your boy Hardy so I understand.

I wanted Hardy to lose against Swick, honestly. Yes i do hate GSP, but aside from that Silva would dominate him. Otherwise Silva wouldnt be so eager to fight him.

I can agree with this although I do give the striking advantage to Silva how many times have we heard this?

"GSP has great take downs but thiago alves's take down defense is to good" Hmm...

"BJ Penn has the most amazing and freakish take down defense in the game today" Hmm...

I could keep going but the point is GSP may be awsome at the takedowns but what a lot of people don't realize is WHY he's so good at them and it's his explosiveness and timing which I don't feel he plans on losing those attributes before a fight with Silva

I want to see Silva KTFO of GSP so people will stop saying "GSP would dominate Silva" other than that yes id much rather see him go LHW

Here are a couple of clips showing what happened to your boy Silva when he fights people skilled in the ground game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgLIdEXqUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZS1PkPJ2ow

Enjoy, you will see a little more of it as soon as your schizo star silva meets GSP.

I wanted Hardy to lose against Swick' date=' honestly. Yes i do hate GSP, but aside from that Silva would dominate him. Otherwise Silva wouldnt be so eager to fight him.[/quote']

I was very surprised at Hardy's loss to Swick especially in the fashion that it happened. And I don't like Hardy but have more respect for him as a fighter... I've tapped to less (not in a fight of coarse but so far no ones put me in that position)

Here are a couple of clips showing what happened to your boy Silva when he fights people skilled in the ground game.

Enjoy' date=' you will see a little more of it as soon as your schizo star silva meets GSP.[/quote']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iGj9uXDJrA Im sorry.

Enjoy' date=' you will see a little more of it as soon as your schizo star silva meets GSP.[/quote']

I found these videos along time ago when Silva first came to the UFC cuz I really didn't know much about him.

Lol in silva's defense the flying heal hook is probably the last thing ANYONE expected lol.

Hardy didnt.

Its funny how people are saying that GSP will dominate Silva when three nights ago it was the other way around.(for the record Silva will destroy GSP' date=' if it ever happens...)[/quote']

Silva cant defend the takdown of GSP long enough to destroy him GSPs standup is much better than any fighter that silva has fought in a long time and will be able to not get knocked out long enough to take it to the grond GSP will not try the lame pull gaurd and hope silva goess there stuff. It is afight and anything can happen. But if Someone can push silva deep into the rouds I think he will gas and get destroyed. If you cant tell I am not a silva fan or ever will; be I just dont think he has fought very high caliber fighters in the UFC. He has fought a few but not when they were in thier prime.

throw GSP in there with a BJJ black belt' date=' and good wrstling credentilas like fitch and he will do it all. it's because joe silva says. "GSP has been KO'd, lets put pure strikers in there with him!: and well he takes them out of there element this is strategy 101[/quote']

GSP has faced the best grapplers at 170 as well...and beat them. GSP is a VERY well rounded fighter, he may not be the most exciting fighter to watch but he's very smart and doesn't like to lose. If you were in his place, I can almost guarantee you would do the same thing....

Hardy didnt.

Yeah this. And just because SIlva had a bad outing that doesn't change the fact that GSP is still boring. If I had to watch Silva/Maia or GSP/Hardy I'd still go with Silva/Maia.

GSP has faced the best grapplers at 170 as well...and beat them. GSP is a VERY well rounded fighter' date=' he may not be the most exciting fighter to watch but he's very smart and doesn't like to lose. If you were in his place, I can almost guarantee you would do the same thing....[/quote']

Haha you're joking right? GSP the most exciting fighter to watch? Since when. You're telling me a GSP fight is more exciting then a Rampage fight GTFO.

Yeah this. And just because SIlva had a bad outing that doesn't change the fact that GSP is still boring. If I had to watch Silva/Maia or GSP/Hardy I'd still go with Silva/Maia.

So what's your excuse for Silva/Leites?

Or Silva/Cote?

dude all of that crap that you just said is completely irrelevant to the fact that he is boring, alot of people think that he is boring and why he does what he does has absolutely nothing to do with how exciting or boring it maybe to watch...

oh and who ever said "GSP isnt fighting the right way" no one, everyone says hes boring and its true

dude all of that crap that you just said is completely irrelevant to the fact that he is boring' date=' alot of people think that he is boring and why he does what he does has absolutely nothing to do with how exciting or boring it maybe to watch...

oh and who ever said "GSP isnt fighting the right way" no one, everyone says hes boring and its true[/quote']

Point is anyone who believes this has no true understanding of what he is doing ask any good grappler of coarse striking is more exciting but if you understand the technical aspect on the ground then you would find it much more enjoyable so no you are wrong it is VERY relevant. thanks

Archived