Maia got a shot even though Marquardt ko'd him early

Gasman8402

I've been hearing alot about why did Maia even get this shot. Well first of all don't get me wrong i'm a "phenom" fan but Belfort in my opinion needs to do more than win ONE fight in at a different weight mind you to deserve a shot. And with Sonnen injured form his domination over Marquardt Why is Maia next? Simple yes Marquardt KO'd Maia (his only loss till now) but Maia submitted Sonnen. But no one has a problem with Sonnen being the one who was supposed to replace Belfort (nether do I) and with the 4 of them in pretty much the same position, but you have 2 injured and one coming off a loss Maia's the only one who made any sense.

noone wouldve argued with another 205 fight' date=' except his opponent maybe.[/quote']

Yes but you've got to defend your belt sometime or what's the point because of his surgery after his fight with Forrest if he had taken a fight at LW we could have been looking at well over a year without defending his title.. And better yet what if he got hurt in that LW fight and was out again.. There would be talk of relinquishing his title at that point. This whether it seemed like the right fight or not was

Well Belfort was the only contender that actually diserved the shot(other than hendo maybe but o well..) so unitl a clear title contender was identified i dont think anyone wouldve argued with him fighting at 205

Where on earth do you get the idea that Belfort deserved the shot? He's only been back ONE fight and he didn't even fight MW I could understand if he had fought a few or even if his fight was at middle weight. That's like taking a guy who is 1-1 in his UFC career (with of only win being a decision) being 2-1 all together and getting a title shot HOW STUPID WOULD THAT BE? Oh wait that's right Brock did that... Him you know what I guess your right who cares what they've done to accomplish it if they get a win they should automatically get title shots makes sense to me. (that's sarcasim BTW)

And as I stated before I like Belfort I'm a big fan but this is real life in a REAL sport not a video game.

Archived