First Shot at Frankie ?

RandyJordan

I think BJ should get a rematch. It was a poor showing on his part. And the one takedown that Frankie got was the nail in the coffin. But if there were to be a rematch, I don't think Edgar would have the same luck. BJ is a monster a lightweight, he just had a terrible night.

I think BJ should get a rematch. It was a poor showing on his part. And the one takedown that Frankie got was the nail in the coffin. But if there were to be a rematch' date=' I don't think Edgar would have the same luck. BJ is a monster a lightweight, he just had a terrible night.[/quote']

I dont bj had a poor showing. Hes not just prepared for the speed of edgar, edgar made him look bad and it showed in BJ's face

BJ shoulf get a rematch me like alot of people think that he won the fight 49-47 even dana said it could of went eather way bj landed more and edger only got like 1 takedown out of 14 think that should of got the win it was close tho (dont be a nerd and critisise my spelling this is a mma forum not a world of warcarft forum)

I say winner of Maynard vs Penn gets Frankie & make Kenflo fight Kos for the next title shot.

I agree that Kenny is a top contender, but this not fighting my team mate thing is kinda stupid. I mean really Kenny, you don't want to fight a team mate? So if Kos won the belt are you telling us you still woudn't fight him because you're buddies?

My ****!

I say winner of Maynard vs Penn gets Frankie & make Kenflo fight Kos for the next title shot.

I agree that Kenny is a top contender' date=' but this not fighting my team mate thing is kinda stupid. I mean really Kenny, you don't want to fight a team mate? So if Kos won the belt are you telling us you still woudn't fight him because you're buddies?

My ****![/quote']

I think you're confusing Kenny Florian with Jon Fitch. Kenflo isn't team-mates with Koscheck, plus Kos is in a different weight class.

I think you're confusing Kenny Florian with Jon Fitch. Kenflo isn't team-mates with Koscheck' date=' plus Kos is in a different weight class.[/quote']

Your right, I blew it on that one.

That comment Fitch made has been bugging me so much I can't get it outta my mind & it's starting to come up in casual conversation for no reason at all. I think Fitch has a better chance of beatting GSP, but I also think he needs to beat Kos to prove it.

I think I need a nap...

P.S. Sorry Kenny.

I want to see:

KenFlo fight Frankie and take the title

KenFlo defend (successfully) against Gray Maynard

WHILE...

Penn fights G. Sot and/or Jim Miller

then PENN v GOMI 2 for #1 contender!

CAUSE

GOMI will face and defeat Andre Winner and Rafael Dos Anjos to face Penn for #1 against KenFlo

either way, we'll see a rematch.

lastly... LAAAWLZ!

Gray Maynard is undefeated and has a win over Edgar, I can see a case for giving him a shot.

Kenny Florian still has to prove himself a bit more since his last loss against Penn imo. Maybe Penn vs Florian and the winner of that fight should get a shot at the winner of Maynard vs Edgar.

BJ needs a win against a big name opponent at 155 before a rematch. Perhaps Sotiropolous or Maynard, possibly even Gomi? I wish Nate Diaz was still at 155! If BJ can win he gets a rematch, or if one of thoe guys can beat BJ they should get a title shot.

Florian is the next logical choice having much bigger wins over tougher opponents than Maynard has. Florian has 2 stoppage wins since losing to Penn over Guida and Gomi... Maynard has a split decision win of Nate Diaz, and a split decison win of Huerta in the same time frame.

When was the last time someone got the title shot they deserved? Fitch and Alves I think.

Seriously, George Sotiropoulos will get a number one contender match against Ross Pearson and the winner will get Edgar. It's not about the quality of your opponent or how many wins you get, its the momentum you build. Like NBA Hoops for the SNES when you make 3 baskets and the ball catches fire. Both of these guys are coming off two wins in a row, they are very relevant, and both are a threat to Edgar. Unless a title fight is highly disputed (Machida vs Rua) then a new contender gets to step up. Kenny had his shot, Gray Maynard is as boring as Fitch (seriously, finish a fight, then you'll get the call from Joe Silva). Gomi is ****ing terrible, why is anyone bringing him up, there was nothing at all good about his MMA game in the Florian fight. He can't even throw a technically sound punch. These fights are organized in a certain way so that the next contender is already in mind.

Calling it right now, Ross Pearson vs. George Sortiropoulos. Moneys on Pearson.

And I did call Frankie Edgar to give BJ Penn a run for his money. BJ Penn is a monster, Frankie Edgar is a scrapper, he fought a smart fight, and I knew his boxing was better than Penn's. Frankie's grappling is excellent, no one could even explain how Penn was going to win that fight to me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/376834-first-shot-at-frankie

Who do you think should get the first shot at Frankie? I think Maynard should as he has beaten him before and would be an exciting rematch. I don't think BJ should get an immediate rematch as the decision wasn't that bad in my opinion. What do you think?

Giiving it to anybody but Penn is childish.

No way Penn should get an immidiate rematch. He lost a fight fair ( though 50-45 from one judge is ridiculous) Its not like we are talking Machida/Shogun here. I'd say a winner of Penn vs Florian fights a winner of Edgar/Maynard for a belt.

When was the last time someone got the title shot they deserved? Fitch and Alves I think.

Seriously' date=' George Sotiropoulos will get a number one contender match against Ross Pearson and the winner will get Edgar. It's not about the quality of your opponent or how many wins you get, its the momentum you build. Like NBA Hoops for the SNES when you make 3 baskets and the ball catches fire. Both of these guys are coming off two wins in a row, they are very relevant, and both are a threat to Edgar. Unless a title fight is highly disputed (Machida vs Rua) then a new contender gets to step up. Kenny had his shot, Gray Maynard is as boring as Fitch (seriously, finish a fight, then you'll get the call from Joe Silva). Gomi is ****ing terrible, why is anyone bringing him up, there was nothing at all good about his MMA game in the Florian fight. He can't even throw a technically sound punch. These fights are organized in a certain way so that the next contender is already in mind.

Calling it right now, Ross Pearson vs. George Sortiropoulos. Moneys on Pearson.

And I did call Frankie Edgar to give BJ Penn a run for his money. BJ Penn is a monster, Frankie Edgar is a scrapper, he fought a smart fight, and I knew his boxing was better than Penn's. Frankie's grappling is excellent, no one could even explain how Penn was going to win that fight to me.[/quote']

as soon as you said Pearson I just stopped reading, sorry but I like him, just not there yet.

Archived