I had this idea....what do you think?

hhomist1

I was thinking about how everyone always complains about "this match-up sucked," or "Joe Silva needs to do a better job" and so on... So I thought, why not have a fight every card that the fans vote on? Offer 4 possible match-ups, the fans vote on the one they most want to see, and it gets put on the card. I think that would be awesome. The UFC and Dana White always say "it's about the fans," hell, even most fighters thank the fans in the post fight interviews and praise them, so why not give back to us. After the last two lackluster main events, we should be allowed to choose the match-ups sure to bring fireworks. While it won't be EXACTLY the match-ups we want, it will be the best out of a choice of 4, and that's a good start.

I also had the idea of a wild card fight, that being, there is a televised fight that nobody knew about, not released, like a mystery match up. How awesome would it be to just be watching the card and have it come up "Anderson Silva vs GSP" as a surprise match-up?? I know that wouldn't be one because that would sell like crazy but maybe like Chris Lytle vs Matt Brown or something just exciting ya know?

Anyway, I realize there are flaws in these ideas, but it's a start and possible I think.

I was thinking about how everyone always complains about "this match-up sucked' date='" or "Joe Silva needs to do a better job" and so on... So I thought, why not have a fight every card that the fans vote on? Offer 4 possible match-ups, the fans vote on the one they most want to see, and it gets put on the card. I think that would be awesome. The UFC and Dana White always say "it's about the fans," hell, even most fighters thank the fans in the post fight interviews and praise them, so why not give back to us. After the last two lackluster main events, we should be allowed to choose the match-ups sure to bring fireworks. While it won't be EXACTLY the match-ups we want, it will be the best out of a choice of 4, and that's a good start.

I also had the idea of a wild card fight, that being, there is a televised fight that nobody knew about, not released, like a mystery match up. How awesome would it be to just be watching the card and have it come up "Anderson Silva vs GSP" as a surprise match-up?? I know that wouldn't be one because that would sell like crazy but maybe like Chris Lytle vs Matt Brown or something just exciting ya know?

Anyway, I realize there are flaws in these ideas, but it's a start and possible I think.[/quote']

I found it funny when Dana White said "I dont want to see GSP/ASilva, and neither do the fans after tonight"........he couldnt be more wrong. After the Maia fight, ALL I want to see is GSP/ASilva. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I think they should have more SUPER FIGHTS!! I really want to see Anderson fight: Vitor Belfort/Couture/GSP/Rampage/Shogun....and if he does go to HW then Brock/Velasquez/Carwin/JDS....nobody else.

Shogun/Rampage II MUST HAPPEN!!!!

Vitor Belfort/Wanderlei Silva II MUST HAPPEN!!!!

maybe like 1 undercard fight per event

You wouldn't want to see the fight though? I think people that normally wouldn't buy the PPV's would just because there "might" be a huge fight that was unannounced. Certainly no one that was going to buy it wouldn't just because they don't know for sure. People that buy every fight are die hards anyway. I think they only have PPV buys to win here.

I found it funny when Dana White said "I dont want to see GSP/ASilva' date=' and neither do the fans after tonight"........he couldnt be more wrong. After the Maia fight, ALL I want to see is GSP/ASilva. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I think they should have more SUPER FIGHTS!! I really want to see Anderson fight: Vitor Belfort/Couture/GSP/Rampage/Shogun....and if he does go to HW then Brock/Velasquez/Carwin/JDS....nobody else.

Shogun/Rampage II MUST HAPPEN!!!!

Vitor Belfort/Wanderlei Silva II MUST HAPPEN!!!![/quote']

I agree. I want to see the best fighting the best. Period. Anderson is still the best. Have you ever seen someone make somebody so scared they wouldn't take a clean shot at his jaw while he is just protruding it out there for the whole world to hit??? He strikes the fear of god in people and that's why he can coast to victories like he did last night; they're afraid to bring the fight to him after they feel his precision and prowess in the first round (or two).

I was thinking about how everyone always complains about "this match-up sucked' date='" or "Joe Silva needs to do a better job" and so on... So I thought, why not have a fight every card that the fans vote on? Offer 4 possible match-ups, the fans vote on the one they most want to see, and it gets put on the card. I think that would be awesome. The UFC and Dana White always say "it's about the fans," hell, even most fighters thank the fans in the post fight interviews and praise them, so why not give back to us. After the last two lackluster main events, we should be allowed to choose the match-ups sure to bring fireworks. While it won't be EXACTLY the match-ups we want, it will be the best out of a choice of 4, and that's a good start.

Anyway, I realize there are flaws in these ideas, but it's a start and possible I think.[/quote']

It's a nice thought but these guys are ranked where they are and fight who they do for a reason if you start going by who the fans want to see then what would be the point that's like saying the fans should chose who plays who in the NFL regardless of their rankings.. It's a nice thought but just a unrealistic dream

It's a nice thought but these guys are ranked where they are and fight who they do for a reason if you start going by who the fans want to see then what would be the point that's like saying the fans should chose who plays who in the NFL regardless of their rankings.. It's a nice thought but just a unrealistic dream

I'm saying let Joe Silva choose 4 potential match ups, then let us pick one out of the four. We can't just write in "Brock vs BJ Penn" or something ridiculous haha Joe Silva still has control, he picks four possible fights that he likes, then we choose which one we like the best. So they would all 4 be realistic fights based on rankings, then we just pick our favorite.

Honestly, both ideas are pretty great.

The fans choosing a fight out of a possible few has been done in WWE, and while the UFC is not WWE matchups could be done that way. Maybe not every fight, just one fight on a card. Also if someone got injured the second most wanted figt would happen. It owuld be kind of hard just because a lot of things are happening within the divisions, and tons of changes are almost made, but I think it is def a possibility.

The wildcard is also a pretty cool idea, although I don't think it would be any known fighters in most cases.

Honestly' date=' both ideas are pretty great.

The fans choosing a fight out of a possible few has been done in WWE, and while the UFC is not WWE matchups could be done that way. Maybe not every fight, just one fight on a card. Also if someone got injured the second most wanted figt would happen. It owuld be kind of hard just because a lot of things are happening within the divisions, and tons of changes are almost made, but I think it is def a possibility.

The wildcard is also a pretty cool idea, although I don't think it would be any known fighters in most cases.[/quote']

Yeah...didn't know WWE did that haha But I still like it; this time it would be real and they wouldn't have to write 4 scripts :P

I meant one fight a card for the fans' vote too, not every fight being chosen.

The wild card, as I mentioned would be "B-list" fighters, but still cool I think. Like I said, people would probably buy that normally wouldn't just hoping the wild card would be an interesting match up. I even though Lytle vs Brown was a good example of the type of fight to make a wild card. Maybe do the wild card once every 5 cards or something? Could do the fan vote once every 5 too who knows. Just some food for thought.

The only problem that you can run into with things like this, is that the fans have no control over the final tally..... so in all reality they could simple give you the fights to pick from, already knowing who they are going to have fight anyways, and then just tell the fans that this was the fight the fans voted for.

It is a great idea, and would be really cool, only if they were to allow a third party to control it.

The only problem that you can run into with things like this' date=' is that the fans have no control over the final tally..... so in all reality they could simple give you the fights to pick from, already knowing who they are going to have fight anyways, and then just tell the fans that this was the fight the fans voted for.

It is a great idea, and would be really cool, only if they were to allow a third party to control it.[/quote']

I agree. I'm sure if it happened they would still moderate it, but hell it's a cool refreshing idea and we would feel like we're having some say at least haha

Dos Santos vs Caine

while this is a kick a** fight I would love to see, it's an example of a high profile fight that wouldn't likely be up for voting haha It's just too high profile, and the UFC would make more money advertising it in all likelihood.

Archived